Ponting retires from T20

Feed

I have a strong feeling that Ponting did not offer to step down from T20s. I believe he was dropped for the poorest ever performance by an Australian team in a World level tournament. As always' date=' CA doesnt make it public when they drop a captain. They force him to step down and make it look like he has decided on his own and retiring. Its as simple as that. Why are we even discussing that Ponting offered to step down so that he can play more tests and score more runs... Pointless!!! He was booted out from t20 squad and its not going to be long before he gets dumped from the ODIs and Tests as well...[/quote'] Right. I agree. It certainly looks like that only. He was asked to stand down. He may again be thrown out of test captaincy after playing India.
I have a strong feeling that Ponting did not offer to step down from T20s. I believe he was dropped for the poorest ever performance by an Australian team in a World level tournament. As always' date=' CA doesnt make it public when they drop a captain. They force him to step down and make it look like he has decided on his own and retiring. Its as simple as that. Why are we even discussing that Ponting offered to step down so that he can play more tests and score more runs... Pointless!!! He was booted out from t20 squad and its not going to be long before he gets dumped from the ODIs and Tests as well...[/quote'] agree with u fully n some people were comparing this situation with SRT :wall:
what do u think happened to SRT? IF u really think SRT wud be able to find a place in the Indian t20 side... U must be making the joke of the year
not now,but he certainly would have been selected in 2007,if he had made himself available.wat happened is he himself realised that T20 is a young man's game n he didnt wanna hamper Indiia's chances.n he proved right wen we won the event. here Aussie team was knocked out of first round f T20,Aussies have lost the Ashes.there was clearly pressure on Pontingn now Ponting comes out n announces his retirement to 'prolong his test career' :hysterical: do u think the 2 situations r same?
not now,but he certainly would have been selected in 2007,if he had made himself available.wat happened is he himself realised that T20 is a young man's game n he didnt wanna hamper Indiia's chances.n he proved right wen we won the event. here Aussie team was knocked out of first round f T20,Aussies have lost the Ashes.there was clearly pressure on Pontingn now Ponting comes out n announces his retirement to 'prolong his test career' :hysterical: do u think the 2 situations r same?
u think india were world champs when srt dropped out.. WC exit in the first round and pressure on the senior guys for not performing..... did u really forget it or wished it hadnt happened? And regarding prolonging test career, please tell me exactly what is wrong with that, unless u dont want him to break srt record?
u think india were world champs when srt dropped out.. WC exit in the first round and pressure on the senior guys for not performing..... did u really forget it or wished it hadnt happened?
oh i remember that but u r forgetting that in between we beat England in England (something which Ponting's men havent done:giggle:) n SRT played an important part in that.SRT was back to being darling of the nation.all doubts,if any were eliminated with that
And regarding prolonging test career, please tell me exactly what is wrong with that, unless u dont want him to break srt record?
there is nothing wrong with that,but why the hell is he playing IPL?please dont say SRT is also playing that coz we know he is playing for lot of reasons besides the money n has virtually no choice
oh i remember that but u r forgetting that in between we beat England in England (something which Ponting's men havent done:giggle:) n SRT played an important part in that.SRT was back to being darling of the nation.all doubts' date='if any were eliminated with that [/quote'] Take this... Aussies own SA in SA recently and ponting was hailed for that for leading a inexperienced side... Which of course most of the teams havent done including india "there is nothing wrong with that,but why the hell is he playing IPL?please dont say SRT is also playing that coz we know he is playing for lot of reasons besides the money n has virtually no choice" Contract with KKR was signed 2 years before, he didnt sign it after he retired from T20.Happen to forget that????? Now if he doesnt play in IPL. Of course u guys will be the first to say that he is a guy who doesnt honour contracts etc... Further proof that he aint interested in IPL.. he dropped out last year on interests of national commitments.... Which SRT hasnt done!!! think abt it
I have a strong feeling that Ponting did not offer to step down from T20s. I believe he was dropped for the poorest ever performance by an Australian team in a World level tournament. As always' date=' CA doesnt make it public when they drop a captain. They force him to step down and make it look like he has decided on his own and retiring. Its as simple as that. Why are we even discussing that Ponting offered to step down so that he can play more tests and score more runs... Pointless!!! He was booted out from t20 squad and its not going to be long before he gets dumped from the ODIs and Tests as well...[/quote'] If Australia's selectors weren't such a bunch of spineless goons I would have agreed with that. But keep in mind what the selectors are doing. Straight after Ponting handed back the Ashes to mark 3 series losses in his last 4 significant ones, they went out and made comments to the media continuing to back him as captain until 2011. Heck several months ago they gave him an absurd level of security by declaring he would lead in the 2011 WC! Before that they had been unwilling to drop non-performing established players, persisting with Hussey over and over again and even unwilling to drop Johnson or Siddle in the Ashes when change was needed. Australia's selectors are very reactive, not proactive, and lack the guts to make any tough calls. Sacking the captain and giving him the option to 'retire' with dignity would be a hard but correct call, but totally out of character and beyond the idiots on the selection panel.
Take this... Aussies own SA in SA recently and ponting was hailed for that for leading a inexperienced side... Which of course most of the teams havent done including india[QUO
yes they beat SA in SA,but they also lost to them at home n to India in India.being the no.1 side that was too much already.but the killer blow wen they lost T20 series n Ashes,which resulted in Aussies slipping from 1 to 4.clearly Ponting was under pressure.wat does he do?he announces his T20 retirement to gain sympathy of fans n ensure he gets to lead the test side more.anyways he is pants in T20 n should have been kicked out
Contract with KKR was signed 2 years before, he didnt sign it after he retired from T20.Happen to forget that????? Now if he doesnt play in IPL. Of course u guys will be the first to say that he is a guy who doesnt honour contracts etc... Further proof that he aint interested in IPL.. he dropped out last year on interests of national commitments.... Which SRT hasnt done!!! think abt it
are u that dumb?how can SRT skip IPL coz of national commitments?there r no India games wen the IPL goes on.n anyway there is too much pressure on him to play IPL .he is not a random foreigner like Ricky.he is an icon player n captain of T20 u answered ur question urself.wen Ricky pulled out due to 'national commitment',nobody accused him of not honouring the contract.infact many praised his move.so why would they accuse him now
yes they beat SA in SA' date='but they also lost to them at home n to India in India.being the no.1 side that was too much already.but the killer blow wen they lost T20 series n Ashes,which resulted in Aussies slipping from 1 to 4.clearly Ponting was under pressure.wat does he do?he announces his T20 retirement to gain sympathy of fans n ensure he gets to lead the test side more.anyways he is pants in T20 n should have been kicked out [/quote'] U cant deny that there was terrific pressure on srt to step aside from t20 wc after failing multiple times. Sorry but i dont bother or does the world abt ur self conspiracy theories on ponting's decision... Anyone can come up with his opinion here and by EOD it remains just his opinion....
are u that dumb?how can SRT skip IPL coz of national commitments?there r no India games wen the IPL goes on.n anyway there is too much pressure on him to play IPL .he is not a random foreigner like Ricky.he is an icon player n captain of T20 u answered ur question urself.wen Ricky pulled out due to 'national commitment',nobody accused him of not honouring the contract.infact many praised his move.so why would they accuse him now
Excuse me!!! When punter skipped IPL2 Even he didnt have any aus matches at the same time... he decided to rest and make sure that he was fit only for further series that Aus played.... I know that India also didnt have any ongoing intl matches during ipl2....but srt didnt choose to rest his body for test matches in future....
U cant deny that there was terrific pressure on srt to step aside from t20 wc after failing multiple times. Sorry but i dont bother or does the world abt ur self conspiracy theories on ponting's decision... Anyone can come up with his opinion here and by EOD it remains just his opinion....
i can deny that coz that is utter BS.as i said earlier,SRT played a crucial role in our test series win in Eng.he also did well in ODIs there,so i dont know wat 'failing multiple times' u r on about?:dontknow: u dont bother about my opinion/or u dont have an answer?a lot of people share my opinion so i dont whether u bother about my opinion or not
Excuse me!!! When punter skipped IPL2 Even he didnt have any aus matches at the same time... he decided to rest and make sure that he was fit only for further series that Aus played.... I know that India also didnt have any ongoing intl matches during ipl2....but srt didnt choose to rest his body for test matches in future....
that is an individuals choice.just because Punter did it doesnt mean everybody has to do it.n we know how fruitful punter's genius move proved to be
U cant deny that there was terrific pressure on srt to step aside from t20 wc after failing multiple times. Sorry but i dont bother or does the world abt ur self conspiracy theories on ponting's decision... Anyone can come up with his opinion here and by EOD it remains just his opinion....
do u see the irony of ur post???
U cant deny that there was terrific pressure on srt to step aside from t20 wc after failing multiple times. Sorry but i dont bother or does the world abt ur self conspiracy theories on ponting's decision... Anyone can come up with his opinion here and by EOD it remains just his opinion.... Excuse me!!! When punter skipped IPL2 Even he didnt have any aus matches at the same time... he decided to rest and make sure that he was fit only for further series that Aus played.... I know that India also didnt have any ongoing intl matches during ipl2....but srt didnt choose to rest his body for test matches in future....
:blink:
If Australia's selectors weren't such a bunch of spineless goons I would have agreed with that. But keep in mind what the selectors are doing. Straight after Ponting handed back the Ashes to mark 3 series losses in his last 4 significant ones, they went out and made comments to the media continuing to back him as captain until 2011. Heck several months ago they gave him an absurd level of security by declaring he would lead in the 2011 WC! Before that they had been unwilling to drop non-performing established players, persisting with Hussey over and over again and even unwilling to drop Johnson or Siddle in the Ashes when change was needed. Australia's selectors are very reactive, not proactive, and lack the guts to make any tough calls. Sacking the captain and giving him the option to 'retire' with dignity would be a hard but correct call, but totally out of character and beyond the idiots on the selection panel.
As you said, yes. They are reactive. This is in reaction to T20 WC misery
i can deny that coz that is utter BS.as i said earlier,SRT played a crucial role in our test series win in Eng.he also did well in ODIs there,so i dont know wat 'failing multiple times' u r on about?:dontknow: u dont bother about my opinion/or u dont have an answer?a lot of people share my opinion so i dont whether u bother about my opinion or not
Crucial role in tests??? checkout his avg in that series http://stats.cricinfo.com/engvind/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2872;type=series In ODI's he did well but india lost that series.... All am saying is that y u ignorant and biased when it comes to ponting??? Because he gave ganguly out????
that is an individuals choice.just because Punter did it doesnt mean everybody has to do it.n we know how fruitful punter's genius move proved to be
Cant deny that punter was doing reasonably well after missing ipl.. crossed 11000 runs and still goin strong... Making an effort is more important, not results!!!!