Help!!!! - Cpu 100%

nikred

My laptop has gone dead slow today. I checked the task manager and the CPU usage is constant at 100%. I got the snapshot of the processes but am not sure which ones I can stop. Can anyone help me out. It took me almost 15 minutes just to post this thread.:(( HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I presume ur OS is Vista... as i can see an exe file called RACagent.exe in ur screenshot.Racagent is a bug in Vista and i heard that MS is coming up with a solution in there next service pack. This exe along with svchost.exe takes uses 100% of CPU usage. This is the executable file that runs the Reliability Monitor component. It runs as a Scheduled Task in Vista. Open Task Scheduler and expand Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows. Look for the RAC folder. Right click this folder and select the 'Show hidden tasks' option. In the right pane, double click the RACAgent task to see the details. Click the 'Actions Tab' to see the pertinent information on the executable. (u can also see the Description of the scheduled tasks in Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939039 ) You can see the the data that it generates by going to Control Panel/Administrative Tasks and double clicking the 'Reliability and Performance Monitor'. Expand Monitoring Tools and select Reliability Monitor. Hope this helps.

my friends tell me , Windows7 is awesome . but from personal experience . Vista sux ..how much RAM does your laptop have ?
It used to 1GB RAM before, as time passed it got very slow. Now I have 2GB RAM and the speed is just fine. My laptop is 2 and half years old (crashed twice). :blink:

Just as a precaution always in addition to running anti-spyware' date=' anti-malware etc. every week I also advice to run a registry cleaner almost once every week. Sometimes it is also because of problems in registry keys that the laptop starts running slower.[/quote'] I use Advanced Systemcare, almost every time once a week. It does clean up the registry. :--D