Nostradamus Akhtar speak

coffee_rules

Either Pak or South Africa will win Champions Trophy’ Karachi Enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar predicted on Tuesday that Pakistan and host South Africa may clash in the summit clash of the ICC Champions Trophy. Akhtar, ignored for the elite eight-nation tournament, said South Africa and Pakistan are the best sides in event. "I don't like to make predictions but these two teams have the most balanced combinations in batting and bowling and if the players click as expected I would say we could see a South Africa and Pakistan final," he said. "We have a good side which has won the Twenty20 World Cup. So it knows how to win a major tournament. As far as South Africa is concerned I don't think it matters that they have faltered in the past in the crunch knockout matches in major tournaments," he said on a television show. Akhtar is undergoing a rehabilitation programme (read Hynotism!) to regain his match fitness and play a domestic tournament next month to win back his place in the national side. The controversial paceman said the performance of the top-order was crucial to Pakistan's success but consider it a weak link. "The middle order will have to support the top batsmen. But I am hopeful that our opening pair will manage to give us good starts if they play sensibly because they are all experienced players," he added. Later, he was spotted cleaning his nose....

best inteview from a pakistani in a long time. very insightful...
If you think that was very insightful, what about this one, Another legendary Pakistani visionary speaks too: Luck helped India beat Pak, now it'll change: Afridi Johannesburg India has been lucky to have beaten Pakistan in all the ICC events, said all-rounder Shahid Afridi, oozing confidence that his team would buck the trend this time by getting the better of their traditional rivals in the ongoing Champions Trophy. "So far, luck has been with India. Hopefully, it would all change this time around," said Afridi, who is also vice-captain of his side in the eight-nation event. Pakistan will take on India in a group B clash at Centurion on Saturday. Looking back at the 2003 World Cup match between the two sides, which Pakistan lost, Afridi said a lot has changed and his team is a lot better than what it was at that time. "That was 2003. This is 2009. It's been six years. We are a very good one-day side now. We not only have good batting but our bowling is also exceptional," said Afridi. Indians, along with hosts South Africa, are claimants to the world's best one-day batting side tag but Afridi said Pakistan are no less. "If they claim themselves to be the best, I would say we are also best. Every team knows its strength. We have a very balanced side. Still, I don't take any side lightly", he said (I add, with infinite profound wisdom). "In one-day cricket, we should not think that we can win easily against any team. There have been examples when big teams have lost to small sides. However, bowling, as I said, has been our chief weapon which has helped us win," Afridi said. [so he agrees Pakistan is a smaller side, but also the very best] Pakistan's bowling, led by Mohammad Aamer and Umar Gul, backed by spinner Saeed Ajmal and Afridi himself, looks strong and it would only get stronger with the return of Mohammad Asif, who completed his dope ban today. Pakistan coach Intikhab Alam said Asif's return is good news for Pakistan cricket. "He is a match-winner. Today he completes his ban and he then becomes available. It's good for Pakistan that he has made a comeback. The type of bowler that he is, the team is looking forward to have him back," Alam said. Afridi has established himself as one of the biggest hitters of the game and similar is the reputation that Yuvraj Singh enjoys in the Indian line-up. The Pakistani all-rounder had little hesitation in declaring the Indian left-hander as a better batsman than him. "Yuvraj is a better batsman than me, I have no doubt," he said. Thank God for small mercies!

Ignoring all the other gibberish that Afridi spewed there, what was noticeable in that article was the potential Pakistani bowling line-up of Aamer, Gul, Asif, Ajmal and Afridi. Hmmm… that looks quite threatening to me. The Pakistanis are not going to be pushovers this time.