Yuvraj Singh injured during practice session. - Ruled out of the tournament

Guest gaurav_indian

wtf....and no !! Sachin should open all the time. Why are we panicking ? come on guys !:icflove: ICFers knw that im prob no 1 yuvi fan, but hey !Our team is still capable of winning this trophy. I really believe it !!!TRUST ME ! anyway my XI would be: Sachin Yousuf Gambhir Raina/Dhoni (right/left comb) Dhoni/Raina Dravid (avg 51 with strike rate of 95 at this position) Kohli (could be shuffled if needded) or Nayar Harbhajan Mishra Inshant Nehra
It can be either way. I just dont want to risk both SRT and Gauti at the start of the innings. Anyways Yusuf is not doing much lower down the order nowadays. So, it might be his final opportunity to prove himself. If he clicks then maybe we can smash the opposition bowlers and win the match psychologically.
We are missing the X factor without Yuvraj and Sehwag, but do we really need the X factor to get past teams like Pakistan and Australia? The way Centurion played the other night, I don't think either team are capable of defeating India. Tendulkar Gambhir Dravid Raina Dhoni Kohli Pathan/Nayar is a damn good batting line up. We'll need to play two spinners along with Nehra and Ishant - Ajmal is the only decent spinner from the two oppositions combined and granted that our seam bowlers are going to go to the cleaners we still have enough batting to put up a strong enough response and choke the middle overs through Harbhajan and Mishra.
It would not be sensible to risk both SRT and Gauti at the start. And Dravid coming earlier would not be a very good ploy too. Remember our fast bowlers are not that good too and so our batsmen needs to win the match for us by piling up huge scores. Dravid up in the order would hamper our chances of scoring a nearly unreachable score. I would prefer both Yusuf and Nayar playing as they are both allrounders whereas Kohli is only a batsman. We need more bowlers in the absence of good part timers like Yuvi, Veeru etc. and in the absence of a good fast bowling attack.
Trust me ,,,,Yousuf will definitely stay longer than Nazir and Afridi the BEAST :winky: the reason we r dissaappointed is that afta Broad , it was ur Gulli's turn this time to get served with Punjabi biryani from Sixer King :hatsoff:
:hysterical::cantstop:
We are missing the X factor without Yuvraj and Sehwag, but do we really need the X factor to get past teams like Pakistan and Australia? The way Centurion played the other night, I don't think either team are capable of defeating India. Tendulkar Gambhir Dravid Raina Dhoni Kohli Pathan/Nayar is a damn good batting line up. We'll need to play two spinners along with Nehra and Ishant - Ajmal is the only decent spinner from the two oppositions combined and granted that our seam bowlers are going to go to the cleaners we still have enough batting to put up a strong enough response and choke the middle overs through Harbhajan and Mishra.
I'm not that confident somehow.
Is Gambhir defo fit to play then? If so play him at 3 and RD/SRT opening, itd be good to have GG in the middle-ish overs and RD would be good to see off the new ball Then MSD and Raina, Kohli and Nayyar
Frankly speaking nobody is still sure if Gauti is match fit. Indian news channels were saying he is not yet fit to play. But Dhoni has neither denied it nor has he replied in the affirmative. I think they will see his progress in the coming days and then decide if he will play or not. If he does not play the forget everything. It is not possible to substitute the whole team. It will then be a one man army in SRT again.
Is Gambhir defo fit to play then? If so play him at 3 and RD/SRT opening, itd be good to have GG in the middle-ish overs and RD would be good to see off the new ball Then MSD and Raina, Kohli and Nayyar
In the current scenario even if Gambhir is only 90% fit, team management will take the risk of playinghim.Also can't see him batting anywhere other than opening.
It would not be sensible to risk both SRT and Gauti at the start. And Dravid coming earlier would not be a very good ploy too. Remember our fast bowlers are not that good too and so our batsmen needs to win the match for us by piling up huge scores. Dravid up in the order would hamper our chances of scoring a nearly unreachable score. I would prefer both Yusuf and Nayar playing as they are both allrounders whereas Kohli is only a batsman. We need more bowlers in the absence of good part timers like Yuvi, Veeru etc. and in the absence of a good fast bowling attack.
That's an over analysis I think. Tendulkar and Gambhir are our best openers and should open - simple. And anyways we are playing all our matches at the Centurion where the new ball has hardly posed a threat. No point in hiding your best openers. Dravid/Raina/Dhoni should be flexible though depending on the match situation.

Yuvraj is one batsman that Pakistan are glad to see the back of, his unbelievably consistent against Pakistan and that bodes well for Pakistan that he's gone. But I don't like beating a side which isn't full strength. It would be much better if Pakistan won, they beat India's strongest outfit, which undoubtedly has Yuvraj in it. As for the remained of the tournament, I think that Yuvraj's big hitting will be sorely missed, we have already seen that these wickets are coming onto the bat quite nicely and although Pak and WI struggled yesterday, it was a wonderful surface to bat once you get your eye in. Yuvraj in my opinion is one of the elite players in world cricket, and oppositions want to play against the best, he's one of them. How you replace such a guy? I don't think he can be.

Yuvraj is one batsman that Pakistan are glad to see the back of' date=' his unbelievably consistent against Pakistan and that bodes well for Pakistan that he's gone.[b'] But I don't like beating a side which isn't full strength. It would be much better if Pakistan won, they beat India's strongest outfit, which undoubtedly has Yuvraj in it. As for the remained of the tournament, I think that Yuvraj's big hitting will be sorely missed, we have already seen that these wickets are coming onto the bat quite nicely and although Pak and WI struggled yesterday, it was a wonderful surface to bat once you get your eye in. Yuvraj in my opinion is one of the elite players in world cricket, and oppositions want to play against the best, he's one of them. How you replace such a guy? I don't think he can be.
First among many excuses in place for Saturday's defeat? :hysterical: