Food - Yummy?

Anonymous

Just merely stating its different doesnt make it one. All animals are creations of the process of evolutions and have as much as a claim to right to life as any other species, including any other humans. And most animals, especially the ones that are linked very close to us in the evolutionary chain have emotions/instincts that resemble very to the ones we have - Ecstacy, fear, lust, hunger, rage, pain etc. That being the case, why is it perfectly acceptable to kill an animal? Just like how when you kill a human, he is going to scream in pain, with blood hurtling out of his body, its the exactly the case when you slaughter a goat.
chicken-kebab-recipe.jpg

I mentioned animals to make you understand that in our current society' date=' [b']NO ONE eats meat from animals that died out of natural causes. So why would any one eat meat from a human that died out of natural causes ?
Wrong. Pretty sure there are plenty of tribes and isolated communities out there that cook meat as and when they can find it and eat it.
If the person did not die out of natural causes, that means he was killed...and hence it is crime.
Yes, but you didnt commit the crime did you? All along you have been saying 'Well, if we have to eat someone, we have kill him first, so its crime'. But, it does not have to be that you're the person who committed the murder. Maybe the that person was killed by someone else, why should i care? I, as the person wanting to eat that meat, didnt kill him. Niether did the restaurant chain that is serving that food. As far as i can see, the two parties involved in this (me, as the person eating the human flesh and the restaurant, which is serving me that food) face no moral conflicts whatsoever. Regardless, here's an extra caveat for you to ponder. If a restaurant chain can verfiably prove that the human meat it serves on it menu is from someone who died of completely natural causes (say, old age) and was found abandoned in the local morgue, then it would it acceptable to eat that meat then?

There are groups which eat human meat too. Aghoris are one - a lot of them live in Varanasi and steal the dead corpse from the pyre after the dead man's relatives have left.
But there are tribes that eat humans too. :dontknow:
Oh yea. I could have brought this point much earlier to bolster my argument, but chose not to do so, since i know that, at some point, the laws and conventions of our society will be brought up as an argument against eating human meat. But taking even that consideration, there seems a lot of grey areas. One reason that i can think of, which is probably the biggest reason why people dont eat human meat, is the impact it will have on the near and dear ones whose meat was eaten. No one can live with the fact that the dead remains of their loved one now sits as some weird dish on someone's dinner plate. Even the thought of that is just so revolting.

Wrong. Pretty sure there are plenty of tribes and isolated communities out there that cook meat as and when they can find it and eat it.
Similarly, there are isolated tribes who are cannibals too.
Yes, but you didnt commit the crime did you? All along you have been saying 'Well, if we have to eat someone, we have kill him first, so its crime'. But, it does not have to be that you're the person who committed the murder. Maybe the that person was killed by someone else, why should i care? I, as the person wanting to eat that meat, didnt kill him. Niether did the restaurant chain that is serving that food. As far as i can see, the two parties involved in this (me, as the person eating the human flesh and the restaurant, which is serving me that food) face no moral conflicts whatsoever. Regardless, here's an extra caveat for you to ponder. If a restaurant chain can verfiably prove that the human meat it serves on it menu is from someone who died of completely natural causes (say, old age) and was found abandoned in the local morgue, then it would it acceptable to eat that meat then?
I have already covered both your points above. If you are eating human meat at a restaurant, Either: A). Some one killed that person. Basically, a person has to die for you to eat it, whether directly or indirectly. So it may not be a moral dilemma but it surely is a crime. Or B). The person died out of natural causes and no one would want to touch the meat since NO ONE eats even animals that die out of natural causes.

Frankly its psychological. I have tasted rabbit' date=' boar and stuff but for some reason have difficulty in eating beef. Just the thought of eating another person definitely puts me off. But if someone offered me human meat without telling me what it is, I might consume it.[/quote'] It may also be the fact that beef is frequently flavourless shyte where the meat itself lacks any real flavour and is just juiced up with meat fat. Beef raised on corn (the VAST majority of US beef) is one of the most boring things to eat, and something any idiot can cook by throwing on a grill on a couple of sides or in an oven for a basic, generic and tasteless dish. I've disliked beef immensely in the past when it was done poorly, and I can count on one hand the number of dishes I've had with beef in the last couple of years when it was truly flavourful, rich and a great dish. As for Morris' question as to why it is acceptable for one to kill an animal, it is clear he has never eaten a good biryani, murgh kebab/tikka or some bacon. Mmmm.... bacon.... :--D

There have been a few instances of eating human flesh in modern society. (I am not talking about any tribes, etc). One example was in Russia during the 2nd World War. Stalin forced all farmers to provide food for national distribution and there was severe shortage of food in the villages of the farmers. There were many instances of human flesh being consumed during that time. One guy's psyche was seriously affected by this because when he was young his mother told him that his brother was kidnapped and consumed by the villagers. The guy grew up to be one of the most notorious serial killers of all time. His name was Chikatilo and he was found guilty of killing 53 people for sexual pleasure combined with cannibalism. If anyone finds eating human flesh appealing, then please get your head examined. You might be the next serial killer. Eating human flesh is psychologically deviant behavior (unless it's done for the sole purpose of survival and if nothing else is available).

Ahimsa - Hindu religion prohibhits the consumption of meat, well, for the brahmin caste anyway. I don't question why some hindus are allowed to eat meat whilst others are forbidden from doing so, but I accept the result nonetheless. I do my best to avoid meat of anykind but if I find myself in a situation where I have to eat meat, then I draw the line at chicken, which I rarely eat anyway. If someone were to offer me a meat dish, I'd politely say "Thanks, but no thanks"

I agree with MM, its stupid to say that I only eat chicken because im a good person. It doesnt make any sense. I also think that its very difficult to avoid eating anything without killing an animal. From cake to sugar everything has had some connection with dead animals/eggs. As for eating humans, theoretically its just meat but since humans are part of a society and they aren't identified as food people find it disgusting to even think about eating a human. Its the same thing with Dogs, people think of them as family members and thats why they find it disgusting when they are told that dog meat is a delicacy in certain countries.

I agree with MM' date=' [b']its stupid to say that I only eat chicken because im a good person. It doesnt make any sense. I also think that its very difficult to avoid eating anything without killing an animal. From cake to sugar everything has had some connection with dead animals/eggs. As for eating humans, theoretically its just meat but since humans are part of a society and they aren't identified as food people find it disgusting to even think about eating a human. Its the same thing with Dogs, people think of them as family members and thats why they find it disgusting when they are told that dog meat is a delicacy in certain countries.
Who says that ?

Who says that ?
Most hindus I know eat eggs but not chicken , some eat chicken but not mutton , some eat chicken-mutton but no beef/pork. Why ? because they think it'll make them a bad person. I dont know how to explain but why is it that people are happy to eat chicken as long as its not kept in the same pan as pork /beef ? I understand it can be a religious thing but then why is it that people dont eat Mutton but only chicken ? Its like smaller the animal , lesser the paap. Sorry I cant explain it any better ...:sniffle: