Where should the axe fall ?

SachDan

it would be a good move to get these two in but i'm not sure if dhoni's bring in nayar, as yusuf did bowl well, while all others were leaking runs but yes, his main job is to hit, and he should dropped if he doesn't succeed hope dhoni makes the right moves tomorrow
Yusuf bowled just ok and it looked good compared to Bhajji's pathetic spell. They bowled terrible compared to the Paki spinners. But even amongst the Indian spinners, how can you compare with anybody else when Raina was not given a chance to bowl.

i'd rather bring in jadeja instead of pathan and irfan instead of rps. this would give a huge boost to the batting. jadeja should be the second tuktuk guy and msd needs to be forced to play a more free hitting role. we need to understand our bowling is pathetic, just try to keep the opposition under 250 and pack the batting line up.

i'd rather bring in jadeja instead of pathan and irfan instead of rps. this would give a huge boost to the batting. jadeja should be the second tuktuk guy and msd needs to be forced to play a more free hitting role. we need to understand our bowling is pathetic, just try to keep the opposition under 250 and pack the batting line up.
both Irfan n Jadeja r not in the squad.our respponses were with respect to choosing XI from this squad
Yusuf bowled just ok and it looked good compared to Bhajji's pathetic spell. They bowled terrible compared to the Paki spinners. But even amongst the Indian spinners' date=' how can you compare with anybody else when Raina was not given a chance to bowl.[/quote'] i meant his economy was much better than all our bowlers, be it spinnners or pacers
both Irfan n Jadeja r not in the squad.our respponses were with respect to choosing XI from this squad
you are right about this thread but actually in the longer run the idea of bringing in Jadeja is not bad... after the return of our full squad i.e. Veeru, Yuvi and Zak we will obviously need to drop Dravid as there will be no slot for him... then we can bring in Jadeja instead of Yusuf who can play somewhat Dravid style of innings if required .. he will also be handy with his spin.. but then Yuvi and Veeru are also all rounders :dontknow: Anyways after the return of our full team our 90% of the problems will anyways be solved :--D
you are right about this thread but actually in the longer run the idea of bringing in Jadeja is not bad... after the return of our full squad i.e. Veeru, Yuvi and Zak we will obviously need to drop Dravid as there will be no slot for him... then we can bring in Jadeja instead of Yusuf who can play somewhat Dravid style of innings if required .. he will also be handy with his spin.. but then Yuvi and Veeru are also all rounders :dontknow: Anyways after the return of our full team our 90% of the problems will anyways be solved :--D
then i would rather bring in Irfan.as u said UV n Viru can bowl part time spin,but we need a fast bowlin allrounder.if Nayar doesnt go well,Irfan could be handy
then i would rather bring in Irfan.as u said UV n Viru can bowl part time spin' date='but we need a fast bowlin allrounder.if Nayar doesnt go well,Irfan could be handy[/quote'] if we need fast bowling all rounder then I would say try Nayar, Tyagi and all other prominent domestic seamers before giving it to Irfan.. and tell Irfan to improve his speed till then
if we need fast bowling all rounder then I would say try Nayar' date=' Tyagi and all other prominent domestic seamers before giving it to Irfan.. and tell Irfan to improve his speed till then[/quote'] Tyagi isnt an allrounder n Nayar isnt a speed demon either.hes also a trundler.Irfan has more variation than him imo
Tyagi isnt an allrounder n Nayar isnt a speed demon either.hes also a trundler.Irfan has more variation than him imo
frankly speaking I would personally rate Irfan more than RP for sure and maybe even Nehra though not sure about Ishant. The good thing about Irfan's bowling is his variation of pace and his ability to reverse swing and I do not see them in either of RP or Nehra (though has still got a beter line and control than RP). But right now the competition is like "best amongst the WORST" and that is very worrying. I want to check Tyagi if he is better than all of them as we are in serious need of grooming QUALITY and FAST bowlers now. Anyways I would advice that tell Irfan to concentrate on his bowling and that he will be taken into the team as soon as he gains some pace. And maybe I would also support dropping Prasad as the bowling coach. I do not see a tinge of improvement in our fast bowlers under his coaching. Bring in a foreign coach. If they even bring in Ian Pont too and if Pont can seriously increase their pace, I dont have any problem at all. Bring somebody who can increase their pace and improve their bowling.