Will the champions trophy restore faith in ODI cricket?

Sachinism

Its been an interesting tournament already. There may have been favourites before the start of the match, but all that change once they were out in the middle. Many surprising wins such as SL over SA, NZ over SL and Eng over SA and SL. Everyone was saying WI should be replaced if they're going to send a second team, but they haven't exactly been pushovers. Will people now begin to believe in 50 overs cricket again?

All the matches in CT has been completely one sided .. and there has not been much crowds in any game barring a couple .. so I dont think CT can be seen as a good trend for 50 over cricket I bet that in the CLT20 starting from October 8 there would be jam packed stadiums with close and interesting matches.. though CLT20 is barely an international tournament of domestic teams but I guarantee that it would be 10 times bigger hit than Champions Trophy :wink:

Yeah it is the fact that theres too many of the meaningless ones (SEVEN in Oct versus Aussies for instance) The tourno has been good The other big criticism- middle overs where 'nothing' happens, well I think the middle overs have been quite exciting in most games. From the ones I actually followed- Owais Shah and Colly carted the Saffies to all parts, Malik and MoYo milked us properly. Punter and Hussey batted with no little skill today... And that kind of skill you wont see in a T20 because theyll be wanting to force the pace all the time