Is Ishant ruined forever?

cowboysfan

Man, some of you guys have THE lowest tolerance levels ever. We came into this tournament ranked no.1, NUMBER ONE! The last test 3 test series we played, we have won ‘em all. The last 6 bilateral ODI series we played, we’ve won them too. The last triangular series we played, we won it. Our only significant defeats in the last 18 months have come in three tournaments – the WC T20, the Kitply cup and the Asia cup. And yet, when the going gets tough for the team, all of ya show your true colors. This isn’t a video game, for us to simply turn up and win every game. This is real-life sport. Things happen, people lose form, confidence. Its natural. If you cannot reconcile with that fact, all of ya will end up being disappointed. Worse, we’re not even totally out of this tourney yet. The pre-tournament favorites, the big-shot South Africans were the first team to crash out. That’s how uncertain the game is. Live with it.

Man, some of you guys have THE lowest tolerance levels ever. We came into this tournament ranked no.1, NUMBER ONE! The last test 3 test series we played, we have won ‘em all. The last 6 bilateral ODI series we played, we’ve won them too. The last triangular series we played, we won it. Our only significant defeats in the last 18 months have come in three tournaments – the WC T20, the Kitply cup and the Asia cup. And yet, when the going gets tough for the team, all of ya show your true colors. This isn’t a video game, for us to simply turn up and win every game. This is real-life sport. Things happen, people lose form, confidence. Its natural. If you cannot reconcile with that fact, all of ya will end up being disappointed. Worse, we’re not even totally out of this tourney yet. The pre-tournament favorites, the big-shot South Africans were the first team to crash out. That’s how uncertain the game is. Live with it.
Good post.
Yeah true!! I need to calm down:hysterical:
Nobody is pointing fingers at the team but if somebody has a bad patch for long then he has to be rested.. that is simply the rule of the game.. if it was batting we would not have carried him after not performing for almost a year .. but there is not much competition for fast bowlers as we do not have good backup and that is the only reason he has been sticking with the team for long.. if we had even 5-6 good backups then he would have been out of the team a lot earlier... I think he has to improve or he will have to be shown the door for at least a few months
Nobody is pointing fingers at the team but if somebody has a bad patch for long then he has to be rested.. that is simply the rule of the game.. if it was batting we would not have carried him after not performing for almost a year .. but there is not much competition for fast bowlers as we do not have good backup and that is the only reason he has been sticking with the team for long.. if we had even 5-6 good backups then he would have been out of the team a lot earlier... I think he has to improve or he will have to be shown the door for at least a few months
I would like to think you have watched cricket long enough to understand that if the team thought we had worthwhile replacements who could fill in for an out of form pacer, they would have brought him on board by now. If you want to replace Ishant because he has been bowling, fine. But whom are you gonna replace him with? Munaf? Sreesanth? Agarkar? Tyagi? Kulkarni? Dhawan? Can you justifiably guarantee with any sort of conviction that these pacers would turn in a better performance? Lasith Malinga, arguably Sri lanka’s most penetrative seamer got hammered for 80+ of his 10 overs the other day. The same happened when he played against us in the final of the Compaq cup. That’s 2 times in the last 4 matches, where Sri Lanka’s premier paceman has conceded an astronomical amount of runs in an ODI. That’s just the nature of the game these days, live with it. And btw, the last time Ishant played an ODI, what were his figures? 8-0-39-2… Pretty respectable I’d say. Yet, just 3 overs of expensive bowling and the swords are out again.
lol-even agarkar had 10 4w haul and 2 5w hauls.we have resorted to hiding ishant by not giving him the new ball.that should give us some clue right there.
Rather than resorting to semantics, I think you should just eat humble pie and concede you were wrong when you said Ishant has never won an ODI or T20 match for us.
I would like to think you have watched cricket long enough to understand that if the team thought we had worthwhile replacements who could fill in for an out of form pacer, they would have brought him on board by now. If you want to replace Ishant because he has been bowling, fine. But whom are you gonna replace him with? Munaf? Sreesanth? Agarkar? Tyagi? Kulkarni? Dhawan? Can you justifiably guarantee with any sort of conviction that these pacers would turn in a better performance? Lasith Malinga, arguably Sri lanka’s most penetrative seamer got hammered for 80+ of his 10 overs the other day. The same happened when he played against us in the final of the Compaq cup. That’s 2 times in the last 4 matches, where Sri Lanka’s premier paceman has conceded an astronomical amount of runs in an ODI. That’s just the nature of the game these days, live with it. And btw, the last time Ishant played an ODI, what were his figures? 8-0-39-2… Pretty respectable I’d say. Yet, just 3 overs of expensive bowling and the swords are out again.
If you keep comparing our crappy bowling attack to random bowlers having bad days we would never get anywhere. Why didnt you compare their performance with mathews' six wicket haul against India.
Rather than resorting to semantics' date=' I think you should just eat humble pie and concede you were wrong when you said Ishant has never won an ODI or T20 match for us.[/quote'] ok we need a humble pie icon.the point remains.ishant has lost pace,cant bowl line and length.doesnt have ANY variations,is mentally not there,cant bowl yorkers ,bowls atrociously at the death,cant bat. have i left anything out?
ok we need a humble pie icon.the point remains.ishant has lost pace,cant bowl line and length.doesnt have ANY variations,is mentally not there,cant bowl yorkers ,bowls atrociously at the death,cant bat. have i left anything out?
That wasn’t your original question, so why do you even start talking about his capabilities in the ODI game. That’s a separate argument altogether. And yes, we do we need a humble pie icon. Will come in handy for peeps like you.
ok we need a humble pie icon.the point remains.ishant has lost pace,cant bowl line and length.doesnt have ANY variations,is mentally not there,cant bowl yorkers ,bowls atrociously at the death,cant bat. have i left anything out?
Completely agree mate, there is no need to sugarcoat the reality. I dont know why people keep making random comparisons instead of focusing on your own resources.
Have to agree. No one shopuld over react and have knee jerk reactions. But he has been poor in all forms of the game for a year. Has to be dropped!
If you keep comparing our crappy bowling attack to random bowlers having bad days we would never get anywhere. Why didnt you compare their performance with mathews' six wicket haul against India.
I am not justifying any of Ishant’s bad performance. I pointed those out to bring some perspective into the argument. I think its high time people stop expecting pacemen to come up with 10-1-35-2 sort of performances every other day. That may have been the norm 7-8 years, but not anymore. If your fast bowler ends up with figures of 10-0-50-1, you should be reasonably satisfied. The game’s changing. Only the fans’ expectations don’t change.