Rain Helped India!

Jersey #10

Many would have thought that Rain created an upset for India. I feel the other way around. India were most certainly out of the tournament after looking at the way oz batsmen were playing. During this match, dhoni probably realized and analyzed Indian bowling options better without losing the match. Indian bowling department was a total disaster and it was almost certain that OZ would have made 300 with 8 wickets in the hand. There was no freakin way this Indian team could have chased a total of 280+ today agaist Lee and Johnson. If India would have lost today, they would have gained 0 points (considering India were more likely to lose today), instead rain helped India gain one point and provided another slim chance of making it to the semis. The nature wants India to proceed into the semis and if this remark is true then Pakistan will beat OZ for sure. Let's just pray for the best :pray::pray::pray:

they are out anyways' date=' they will need a game like one against kenya where they score 400 and won by 250 odd runs. just read cricinfo and if we chase WI score in 40 overs then pak should do the same against aus. extremely tall order.[/quote'] WRONG! I have read the article on cricinfo with great interest. 1. Pakistan has to beat Australia 2. The difference between OZ's loss and India's win has to be 105 (50 + 54 +1, 50=OZ's margin of win against WI, 54 = India's margin of loss against pakistan, 1 = needed to get ahead of OZ's run rate. 104 would give both teams the same run rate. ) So lets say Pakistan beats OZ by 20 runs, India would have to beat WI by 85 runs. If Pakistan manages to beat OZ by 50 runs, India would have to beat WI by 55 runs. It is very tough but not unrealistic nor impossible.
The vital question is the margins of victories. Currently, the difference between the net run-rates of Australia and India appear vast: +1.00 for Australia, -1.08 for India. The good thing from India's point of view, though, is that those numbers have come about on the basis of one match only - the stats from no-result matches are excluded in the calculation of net run rates. Thus, Australia's positive net run-rate is because they've scored 50 more runs than they've conceded (in the win against West Indies), while India have conceded 54 more runs than they've scored (in the defeat against Pakistan). For India to pip Australia, they need to ensure that they redress that balance; in other words, they need to make up for that combined difference of 104 runs. If, for example, Australia lose by 50 runs and India win by 54, the net run-rates of both teams will be exactly zero (in which case the tie-breaker will be balls per wicket for each team in completed matches). If the margin of either result is one run more, Australia's NRR will slip below India's. That difference of 104 can be made up in any combination - if Australia lose by 20, India will need to win their game by 85 runs (assuming Australia chase and India bat first). If Australia lose by 104, a one-run win will suffice for India.
The nature wants India to proceed into the semis and if this remark is true then Pakistan will beat OZ for sure. Let's just pray for the best :pray::pray::pray:
:WTF: your thoughts? Dhoni used his bowlers well yesterday, it was such a flat track & OZ were kept well below 6 RR..... so keep off your pessimistic thoughts! :protest:

i expect pak to be beaten black and blue by aus we should concentrate on caning the backsides of few players dhoni -- for not playing nayar bhajji -- for his insipid performance sharma -- mr short and wide rp -- i want to turn into left arm spinner yusuf -- for trying to become another afridi :X

i expect pak to be beaten black and blue by aus we should concentrate on caning the backsides of few players dhoni -- for not playing nayar bhajji -- for his insipid performance sharma -- mr short and wide rp -- i want to turn into left arm spinner yusuf -- for trying to become another afridi :X
lol. reading the thing about there needing to be 105 run difference, its gonna be difficult. We should be hoping Pak beat Aus, forget the margin. Win toss vs WI and smash the ****ing crap out of them. But with the bowlers we have we are going to get hammered in the semi's anyway

I think we can easily make up 105 runs...whether we need to bat first or bowl first will depend on the pitch. It's also good that our game is after Australia plays Pakistan (at least one inning would be complete). And I like that it's in Joburg. The WI have got zilch class players. Hopefully a couple of the Indian pacers will show up. Also I like batting 2nd...if the WI score 200 or so. We can go all out and try achieving that in 30 overs. Whether we lose 8-9 wickets doing so, it wont matter. But, if our bowlers leak 250+ it will become a bit tough. Batting 1st also has its advantages. If we score 300+, we can hope that WI will try to go for it and lose some wickets in the process and hopefully Mishra/Bhajji can clean up the lower middle order and tail cheaply. But, all in all I am hopeful. It'd require uber intelligence/skill from our batsmen and complete dedication from the bowlers. But, it's achievable. Whether Pak beats Australia that's another matter. If Asif is back and in form, I like Pak's chances. He is one guy who can trouble Ponting.