YK sticks 2 fingers up at pak cricket

He clearly is piss#ed of. Choosing to play for Yorkshire over Pak! ------------------------------------------------------------------ KARACHI, April 23: Pakistan will be without senior batsman Younis Khan in their One-day cricket series against Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi next month, the Chairman of selectors Salahuddin Ahmed said on Monday. Salahuddin said that Younis had informed them from England where he has gone to play for Yorkshire that he was not available for the three matches against Sri Lanka. "We had earlier told him that he was not needed to attend the national camp in Lahore and could join the team in Abu Dhabi as he is an automatic selection. But just now he told us he was not available for the series," Salahuddin said. But he did not elaborate on the reasons for Younis pulling out of the coming series which would be Pakistan's first after their dismal World Cup performance. Younis' refusal is not unexpected and is keeping in line with his earlier statement when he turned down the Pakistan captaincy that he was not keen on continuing playing One-Day Internationals and just wanted to concentrate on Test matches. "The international calendar is very tiring and makes you stale. I don't have interest in playing One-dayers which are held round the year and want to concentrate on Test matches only. I consider Test matches the real cricket," Younis had said. A close friend and associate of Younis did not rule out the possibility of the batsman not wanting to play so soon after the World Cup and wanting more time to get over the recent developments in Pakistan cricket like the appointment of Shoaib Malik as captain. Younis along with former captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Yousuf formed the backbone of the Pakistan team in the last two years. Salahuddin, however, said Younis's absence would allow the selectors to try out some of the reserve players.

Re: YK sticks 2 fingers up at pak cricket

But choosing FC cricket over international ODIs is sort of stupid unless he plans to stop playing odis completely.
well he has already hinted at retirement before...and plus it does sound like he's not getting what he wants from the managment

But choosing FC cricket over international ODIs is sort of stupid unless he plans to stop playing odis completely.
well he has already hinted at retirement before...and plus it does sound like he's not getting what he wants from the managment
what should he get other than a spot in the team now that he has refused captaincy?

Re: YK sticks 2 fingers up at pak cricket I dont think Ykhan is saying NO to PCB, i think he is still upset with the treatment given by fans to players. He is willing to sacrifice his career but will not accept anymore s.hit from fans. I wish there were more such players in both Indian and Pak teams.

Re: YK sticks 2 fingers up at pak cricket Younis Khan is a bloody drama queen. If an Indian player does this to my team, i wouldnt want him anywhere near my team again. Someone should tell Younis he doesnt have a resume of an Imran Khan to demand what he needs, all the time. The guy lost the Champs trophy (exiting in the prelims), the only major tournament he led, averaged 10 in the world cup and according to many not even a certainity in the ODI format. Mr. Younis Khan how about proving yourself before laying out your demands ? The guy has a resume of a bacteria with an ego of a gorilla. :hic:

Younis Khan is a bloody drama queen. If an Indian player does this to my team, i wouldnt want him anywhere near my team again. Someone should tell Younis he doesnt have a resume of an Imran Khan to demand what he needs, all the time. The guy lost the Champs trophy (exiting in the prelims), the only major tournament he led, averaged 10 in the world cup and according to many not even a certainity in the ODI format. Mr. Younis Khan how about proving yourself before laying out your demands ? The guy has a resume of a bacteria with an ego of a gorilla. :hic:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: YK sticks 2 fingers up at pak cricket @jf1gp1, when was the last time someone offered me captaincy to lead my national team or big money to play cricket ? Heck i'm willing to burn my own effigy, if someone offers me a million dollars to play cricket. :hic: What does Younis expect back home, after returning from a WC loss to Ireland ? A red carpet welcome ? Fans are fans, nothing can be done about them. Younis chickening out citing this as a reason is laughable. If u read between lines, Younis is obviously pi$$ed at something concerning the PCB. I dont believe he revealed the real reason. This drama is his way of getting back at them.