To the NRI crowd...any timeframe to return to swades if at all ?

patriot

Been in the US just a little over 3 years, now have serious thoughts of winding up and going back to India in another 3 years at the maximum after certain goals are met. Apart from the little things - don't want to miss out being a part of India's great economic surge thats just begun only 5 years ago. Besides abhi next 5- 10 salllon tak Uncle Sam ka bhavishya kuch khass nahi lag raha hai. What about the rest of the NRI gang ?

Guest Gunner

I think we are missing out on the economic and social front by staying out of India, don't have much doubt on that. However, the standard of living has not really improved in India and the over population problem will never really be solved. You will still have to wait in a mile long queue to buy a pack of condoms.

I think we are missing out on the economic and social front by staying out of India' date=' don't have much doubt on that. However, the standard of living has not really improved in India and the over population problem will never really be solved. [b']You will still have to wait in a mile long queue to buy a pack of condoms.
Dude, there are vending machines everywhere...in chandigarh, there is one right outside the cinema hall staring you in the face in the plaza.:hysterical:

Guest Gunner
Dude' date=' there are vending machines everywhere...in chandigarh, there is one right outside the cinema hall staring you in the face in the plaza.:hysterical:[/quote'] Arre bhai, you know what I mean, it was an expression. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think we are missing out on the economic and social front by staying out of India' date=' don't have much doubt on that. However, the standard of living has not really improved in India and the over population problem will never really be solved. You will still have to wait in a mile long queue to buy a pack of condoms.[/quote'] Thats a bit exaggerated, Gunner. I smell $$$$ ka unending pyar, which is the case with most guys who keep saying going back in a few years, every few years - only to come to a stage in life, when they are better of being in the US. I dread that happening to me - I love India to much to facting know it won't. You should transfer all your savings to real assets and be bullish on Mumbai's real estate market :-).

Guest Gunner
Thats a bit exaggerated' date= Gunner. I smell $$$$ ka unending pyar, which is the case with most guys who keep saying going back in a few years, every few years - only to come to a stage in life, when they are better of being in the US. I dread that happening to me - I love India to much to facting know it won't.
In what way? The best service Indians can do for India is to leave.

Hanh?
I mean if one has stayed abroad in one country for a long time, then it becomes their home country at some level. Sure, the heart may yearn for what one left behind but its probably not the same now. In other areas, Well for one thing, life for females is much better abroad I think. I hear there is more freedom.

Guest Gunner
I mean if one has stayed abroad in one country for a long time' date= then it becomes their home country at some level. Sure, the heart may yearn for what one left behind but its probably not the same now. In other areas, Well for one thing, life for females is much better abroad I think. I hear there is more freedom.
1) Spot on. 2) Certainly, compared to waziristan et al.

In what way? The best service Indians can do for India is to leave.
Nah, thoda innovative bann. You are a CA - use your elaborate network to get a few big ticket auditing contracts outsourced to India, train the local talented CAs there. Tu bhi kamaiga aur apne desh ke naujawano ka bhi bhala hoga aur paisa bhi India ke andar hi ghoomega. Afterall IFRS to US GAAP training is not rocket science is it.:winky:

Nah, thoda innovative bann. You are a CA - use your elaborate network to get a few big ticket auditing contracts outsourced to India, train the local talented CAs there. Tu bhi kamaiga aur apne desh ke naujawano ka bhi bhala hoga. Afterall IFRS to US GAAP training is not rocket science is it.:winky:
:woot: I do rocket science. Can I haz a job in India and a ferrari to go with it?

Guest Gunner
Nah, thoda innovative bann. You are a CA - use your elaborate network to get a few big ticket auditing contracts outsourced to India, train the local talented CAs there. Tu bhi kamaiga aur apne desh ke naujawano ka bhi bhala hoga aur paisa bhi India ke andar hi ghoomega. Afterall IFRS to US GAAP training is not rocket science is it.:winky:
Its not a question of innovation. Doing something for India or starting a business there always sounds like a good plan to me. I have mulled over the idea quite a bit. But then living in India is a major deterrent to any plan. The life style and social circle is awesome in India, no problems with that. The standard of living, basic amenities sucks big time and there is no end in sight to those problems. If I could work out a model where I could stay outside India and do something in connection to India, I certainly would. PS: From 2015 it will be all IFRS everywhere.