Inzi to be dropped from Test squad

Bumper

http://sport.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1958284.cms KARACHI, Apr 26: Having recently retired from One-day cricket, Inzamam-ul Haq's future in Pakistan's Test team now looks in jeopardy with a top PCB official indicating that he would be dropped for the home series against South Africa. The cricket board official said it had almost been decided in principle not to retain Inzamam in Pakistan's Test squad for the September-October series. "The people forming the PCB think-tank are more or less convinced that Inzamam should not be a part of Pakistan's Test squad," he was quoted as saying by the 'The News' today. The 37-year-old player, who announced his retirement from ODIs following the team's World Cup fiasco, had said he was still good enough to play in the longer version of the game but top board officials do not seem to be agreeing with him. "They believe Inzamam is now over-the-hill and also blame him for Pakistan's humiliating World Cup performance. The board and the members of the newly-appointed national selection committee believe that it is time Pakistan brought in new faces in a bid to rebuild the squad for the 2011 World Cup to be played in Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh," the paper said. The burly batsman has scored 8813 runs in 119 Tests at a handsome average of 50.07 with the help of 25 hundreds and 46 fifties. His One-day career spanned over 378 games in which he scored 11739 runs with 10 centuries and 83 fifties. The PCB official said at this juncture, Pakistan cricket needed to look beyond individuals and take decisions in the best interest of the team. "We need to work for collective interest because personal milestones mean nothing when it comes to the future of our team."

Re: Inzi to be dropped from Test squad It may not be horrible if u consider that Inzi has hardly one year of gas left in him. But Inzi's form hasnt been that horrible in tests. He did win u guys a test match in SA, so its not an obvious decision with Inzi.

Re: Inzi to be dropped from Test squad

It may not be horrible if u consider that Inzi has hardly one year of gas left in him. But Inzi's form hasnt been that horrible in tests. He did win u guys a test match in SA' date=' so its not an obvious decision with Inzi.[/quote'] Exatly...PAK have 3 really important series coming up and i think Inzi's experience will be crucial! Being an Indian fan who would you rather have your bowlers bowl at? Inzi or Faisal Iqbal?

Exatly...PAK have 3 really important series coming up and i think Inzi's experience will be crucial! Being an Indian fan who would you rather have your bowlers bowl at? Inzi or Faisal Iqbal?
Why Faisal Iqbal ? Dont u guys a better option ?

Exatly...PAK have 3 really important series coming up and i think Inzi's experience will be crucial! Being an Indian fan who would you rather have your bowlers bowl at? Inzi or Faisal Iqbal?
Why Faisal Iqbal ? Dont u guys a better option ?
There is Asim Kamal who hasn't played a test match for 18 months and few other youngsters who are doing well in domestic cricket but i would say that even at this stage of his career Inzi is miles ahead of them all!

Re: Inzi to be dropped from Test squad Dont know whether Pakistan will ever beat India in a WC but PCB beats BCCI hands down every time. Pakistan does not have a batsman who is even a patch on Inzamam waiting in the ranks. The likes of Shoaib Malik are being made test captains, FFS. Dropping Inzamam would be well and truly foolish.

Re: Inzi to be dropped from Test squad I guess Inzi's time's up. I would say keep him for couple of series more and in particular against South Africa. I'm sure at this point in time Shoaib Malik needs fair bit of experience in the team to put up a fight. If he is given a dud team and is asked to win games it will be foolish of PCB.

Re: Inzi to be dropped from Test squad If taken this shall be a bold,and correct, decision by PCB. What does Inzzy aim to achieve now in his career? He is not the batsman he once was and if anything he would be a hinderance towards the news skipper Shoaib Malik. I can imagine Malik being a little apprehensive infront of seniors like YK and Moyo and can only imagine how would it be to tell Inzzy what to do. Moreoever if Pakistan has to rebuild its side there is no role for Inzzy in there. Sad as it maybe but its true. Inzzy has been playing for 15 plus years now, its time to call it a day.