Ind vs Aus 2009 : Aussies name squad for the 7 ODI series

Hauritz relishing Indian mission In-form Australia off-spinner Nathan Hauritz says he will relish the chance to take on India's batsmen in their home conditions. More... Nathan Hauritz relishing chance to face India on their home turf October 23, 2009 In-form Australia off-spinner Nathan Hauritz says he will relish the chance to take on India's batsmen in their home conditions. Hauritz, due to represent NSW in the final of the Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) against Trinidad and Tobago in Hyderabad on Friday night, will then link up with Australia's one-day squad. A seven-match series between the world's two highest-ranked one-day international nations begins in Vadodara on Sunday. It will be the 28-year-old's first international in India since he made his Test debut in Mumbai almost five years ago. And Hauritz said it was an occasion he had been studiously preparing for. "I've been trying to watch the way (India's batsmen) play spin as much as I can, they're obviously the best players of spin in the world," the tweaker said. "I've just been trying to monitor what they do, where they use their feet and that sort of thing. "It's going to be a fantastic challenge playing over here against those boys." Hauritz said the CLT20 campaign had proved ideal preparation for the one-day series, particularly after Australia's long Test and one-day tour of England and then the Champions Trophy in South Africa. "It's been fantastic always being picked, but I guess also this champions league now (provides) a bit of a break from the rigours of one-dayers and Test matches," he said. "You're playing 20 overs, then you've got two days off, light training and that sort of thing, it lets your body re-energise. "I haven't had an opportunity to play on a real turning wicket yet, like Bangalore, but it's been good getting used to the conditions and getting used to the weather." He said the quick turnaround from 20-over to 50-over formats was not an issue. "I've still got to take wickets, my role is to take wickets and not go for many runs," he said. "There's obviously days where the ball's not going to come out well and I'm going to get hit for runs, but it's just good fun playing all formats of the game at the moment." He is not about to complain about the hectic schedule, given his previous long absence from the Australian team. His 2004 Test debut, when he filled in for an injured Shane Warne, yielded match figures of 5-103, including the prize wicket of Sachin Tendulkar, but it was four years until he represented his country again. "I try to stay pretty grounded and just focus on just trying to play as well as I can each opportunity I get, because I know they are few and far between," he said.

Hamstring pain for Hopes Australia face the prospect of playing the remainder of the seven-match series against India without the services of experienced all-rounder James Hopes. More... Australia all-rounder James Hopes injures hamstring in opening ODI By staff writers October 25, 2009 Australia face the prospect of playing the remainder of the seven-match series against India without the services of experienced all-rounder James Hopes. The medium-pace bowler injured his right hamstring in the opening clash of the series at Vadodara on Sunday. Hopes staggered from the field at the conclusion of his second over and did not return. It is likely he will need scans to determine the full extent of the injury. Skipper Ricky Ponting would have loved to call on the services of the Queensland man in the tense dying stages. Shane Watson struggled in the penultimate over of the innings, conceding 20 runs, as he failed to contain Harbhajan Singh. The tail-ender slammed three sixes in his breezy 31-ball stay and punished Watson as he and Praveen Kumar scored 84 runs from 57 deliveries in an enterprising eighth-wicket stand. The accurate Hopes, who was playing his 67th ODI for Australia, has had success in the latter overs. Peter Siddle, however, held his nerve in the final over to hand Australia the advantage.