We are giving too much importance to Pakistan: Rahul

DeXteR

As far as I can see' date=' RG was not particularly referring to the "morons" as you call them, [b']he was calling for completely turning a blind eye to pakistan.
Where did he say that??? From what I understand this is what he said. We are giving too much importance to Pakistan. It is just a small piece of land. India can't be compared with Pakistan. Pakistan's internal issues do affect us, but we are giving too much time and importance to Pakistan in our minds. To my mind, it deserves not half the importance we are giving it If you see, the attitude of the world has changed towards Pakistan. It's not a one day job. It's a long process. India has created pressure (on it) and the entire world is putting pressure on Pakistan. Certain issues related to Pakistan have to be managed, which is already being done. We are on a comfortable position. There is no comparison between India and Pakistan Which particular point did you not like exactly? And where did he give clean chit to Pakistan?? If anything Pakistanis would argue he is being condenscending towards them. xx

Comparison with China is laughable and I am quite happy we dont resort to the same. China has slowly but steadily made a huge progress. Few years back I was working for a Copper mining company, it happened to be 2nd largest in the entire world at the time, and China single handedly had pushed the price of copper(pretty much all natural resources really) thanks to huge infrastructure investment. I am yet to see India impacting any industry like that. We should be realistic and have pride in what we have. We are going to get there just see no benefits either obessing with Pakistan, or China. xxx
By comparison with China i actually meant -we can look up to those guys as benchmark to be achieved in coming future. I meant how are we going to do progress? , if we have a feeling that -oh pakistan are not having this, so we are better. I believe Indians are very hard working people- WE can change nation .and its not a bad thing if we can emulate China's progress in coming time.:two_thumbs_up:

I dont think comparision to China is illogical. In fact it is the most reasonable comparision to any developing country. Everybody knows that the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China) are the most powerful economies after the G7 countries and all of them are expected to make huge development in the next few decades. Out of the BRIC countries, Brazil's economy is weaker than India, Russia's economy (not USSR) is comparable to India but they have too much land and resources with too less people and so it would be unfair. The only remaining country China has got a population density somewhat comparable to India though they are developing at a faster rate. Anyways for better development we should compare to a country which is developing at a faster race instead of a crap country. If we compare to a lower country it would never help us increase our rate of progress. And just for your information, China is known worldwide for bringing out crap products and making replicas of famous products at cheap prices. China hardly gives importance to copyright infringement or to international norms. "Made in China" products are crap copies of most famous brands and most westerners also hate them for copying things instead of being innovative.
meh... china LOANS MONEY to US. India is light years away. Enough said...

Where did he say that??? From what I understand this is what he said. We are giving too much importance to Pakistan. It is just a small piece of land. India can't be compared with Pakistan. Pakistan's internal issues do affect us, but we are giving too much time and importance to Pakistan in our minds. To my mind, it deserves not half the importance we are giving it If you see, the attitude of the world has changed towards Pakistan. It's not a one day job. It's a long process. India has created pressure (on it) and the entire world is putting pressure on Pakistan. Certain issues related to Pakistan have to be managed, which is already being done. We are on a comfortable position. There is no comparison between India and Pakistan Which particular point did you not like exactly? And where did he give clean chit to Pakistan?? If anything Pakistanis would argue he is being condenscending towards them. xx
I dont understand what he means by Indians giving pakistan too much importance. I hope he realizes that if Indians do give pakistan importance, it is because of the terrorism pakistan foments, not because we are in love with pakistan. After all, Indians see their citizens and soldiers dying because of pakistani terrorism. Our govt is also rightly vocal about the disruptive actions of pakistan. Isnt asking the people of India to ignore all of this a bit too much? Maybe I am interpreting him wrong and he simply wants us to look down on pakistan and not treat it as an equal. In that case I am with him.

First of all comparisons with any of those countries wont work. Russia and China are communist countries who can make laws, and stick to it. Brazil, like India, is a democracy but it is heavily dominated by one religion(unlike India). So comparing India to any BRIC country(or for that matter any country in the world) will not be correct. Economically Chinese are far ahead of us today. They have trade surplus with pretty much every big industrial nation out there. We on other hand have trade deficits. Our overall trade is still not in our favor. Chinese enjoy huge trade surpluses every year that they then put into buying bonds in most of these countries(USA for example) while we are struggling to break even. Very recently Bill Clinton was on record suggesting he can't be harsh with China since you dont fight with your banker. So yeah we have lots to do before we compare ourselves with China, and I would even argue why compare in the first place?? Why not create your own niche brand?
I agree with the boldest part the most. We should build our own niche brand and that is absolutely correct. I agree that India cannot work like Russia or China where the govt. can do as they wish and being communist govt. do not care much about international rules. India is a democracy and so it cannot produce bulk crap replicas of foreign brands just to enhance the economy and so it is not just to compare and I accept it. But the economic development has to be compared with somebody and the benchmark should be of China's for sure. We should aim higher and then only our rate of development will be higher.
And thats whats working today. Wal Mart has 2/3 of its products with Made in China tag. They are also the world's largest corporation. Point being in the end what matters is who brings in the money, and Chinese are doing that very well. xxx
I agree about the Wal Mart thing. But most Americans also hate them like hell. Go to any US forum and ask them how they like Chinese products. They say that govt. should ban them and they say that they buy those only because they are cheap. It is the duty of the world to stop the Chinese from producing crap replicas because they are infringing copyrights and thereby infringing international decorum. If they are allowed then why should India and other democratic countries not be allowed. We can produce better replicas for sure as Indian talent is regarded to be a lot better than Chinese ones for sure.

Guest Shivani

Rahul and me share the same birthday !! and it also happens to be my joining date in ICF really imp for me rahul and ICF ..isnt it ? :P

I agree about the Wal Mart thing. But most Americans also hate them like hell. Go to any US forum and ask them how they like Chinese products. They say that govt. should ban them and they say that they buy those only because they are cheap. It is the duty of the world to stop the Chinese from producing crap replicas because they are infringing copyrights and thereby infringing international decorum. If they are allowed then why should India and other democratic countries not be allowed. We can produce better replicas for sure as Indian talent is regarded to be a lot better than Chinese ones for sure.
You must be kidding when you say we can produce better goods than the chinese. If we could we would be ruling the US markets, not them.

But the economic development has to be compared with somebody and the benchmark should be of China's for sure. We should aim higher and then only our rate of development will be higher.
Bhai saaheb to make comparisons you have to make a good case or else you shall become a laughing stock. What/how are you going to make comparisons with China? They have a trade surplus we have a trade deficit. They are making footholds around India(look at any of our neighbours and see their relation with China), we dont have any such connections. Heck half of our "modern" Indian junta would scoff if India joined forces with Russia(China's largest and strongest neighbour). Chinese held Beijing Olympics as a showcase of their emergence and it has been called as the best Olympics of all times, so much so even the London Olympic Committee(the seat of next Olympics) clearly said we wont try to match the Chinese because we simply can not. India, specifically Delhi, is unable to host Commonwealth Games. Heck the World Archery event had to be moved to a different country recently. You can not simply compare two countries by some economic mumbo jumbos there has to be more substance to the same.
I agree about the Wal Mart thing. But most Americans also hate them like hell. Go to any US forum and ask them how they like Chinese products. They say that govt. should ban them and they say that they buy those only because they are cheap.
Bhai saab Wal Mart is an American company, and the largest American company. So how exactly do Americans hate them like hell??? xxx

Bhai saaheb to make comparisons you have to make a good case or else you shall become a laughing stock. What/how are you going to make comparisons with China? They have a trade surplus we have a trade deficit. They are making footholds around India(look at any of our neighbours and see their relation with China), we dont have any such connections. Heck half of our "modern" Indian junta would scoff if India joined forces with Russia(China's largest and strongest neighbour). Chinese held Beijing Olympics as a showcase of their emergence and it has been called as the best Olympics of all times, so much so even the London Olympic Committee(the seat of next Olympics) clearly said we wont try to match the Chinese because we simply can not. India, specifically Delhi, is unable to host Commonwealth Games. Heck the World Archery event had to be moved to a different country recently. You can not simply compare two countries by some economic mumbo jumbos there has to be more substance to the same. Bhai saab Wal Mart is an American company, and the largest American company. So how exactly do Americans hate them like hell??? xxx
I am not a moron to be saying that Wal Mart is hated by Americans. It is obviously the biggest chain of departmental stores in the US and it has been existent for decades in US and for long time in several other countries too. But I am saying that Americans hate the "Made in China" products and they get pissed off with copyright infringement of genuine brands just to create cheap replicas. US people are the most concerned about copyrights and about quality of products and the only reason they say for buying the crap Chinese replicas is because they are cheap.

You must be kidding when you say we can produce better goods than the chinese. If we could we would be ruling the US markets' date=' not them.[/quote'] If Indian businesses are told to produce crap cheap low quality replicas of US and Western brands, then I am sure we could produce it. But India being a democracy has to respect international laws and copyright. If you say that Indian talent cannot be compared to Chinese talent then I am sure you are mistaken. Indians are regarded to be a lot more talented than their Chinese counterparts.

If Indian businesses are told to produce crap cheap low quality replicas of US and Western brands' date=' then I am sure we could produce it. But India being a democracy has to respect international laws and copyright. If you say that Indian talent cannot be compared to Chinese talent then I am sure you are mistaken. Indians are regarded to be a lot more talented than their Chinese counterparts.[/quote'] Chinese goods are not low quality. They are cheap yes and of acceptable quality. I am not saying we can't do better than them, just that currently they are head and shoulders above us NOW in many areas. Talent wise, we are better than them obviously in IT, medicine and may be in finance. But I think they are better than us in terms of work ethic and attention to detail. Just look at how they did the Olympics. Do you think we are capable of pulling off an event like that now?

Chinese goods are not low quality. They are cheap yes and of acceptable quality. I am not saying we can't do better than them' date=' just that currently they are head and shoulders above us NOW in many areas. Talent wise, we are better than them obviously in IT, medicine and may be in finance. [b']But I think they are better than us in terms of work ethic and attention to detail. Just look at how they did the Olympics. Do you think we are capable of pulling off an event like that now?
Work ethic cannot be compared between a democracy and a communist nation. We are independent and democratic citizens while communist citizens are as good as servant of the government. Whatever the govt. thinks or orders the citizens have to do. So, it cannot be compared to a democracy regarding the work ethic or the amount of work done. Just to give you an example, people could get the most work done out of slaves in the past. But if you compare the amount of work done by a slave to the amount of work done by a free citizen then it would be unfair. Rest as you said Indians are no way behind in terms of talent. If international laws cease to exist in India like in China then we can also bulk produce the crap replicas.

Indians talk so much about Pakistan because our govt does nothing and people try to find more information with a hope that someday our sarkar will do something. What happened after kargil war or Plane Hijack or 26-11 ... nothing ? OTOH its really stupid of a National leader to come out and say that its just a small piece of land. How would Indians feel if the US or China said the same thing ? I dont think we are obsessed with them , its just that we are worried and to some extent scared of the next bomb blast in the market nearby.

Indians talk so much about Pakistan because our govt does nothing and people try to find more information with a hope that someday our sarkar will do something. What happened after kargil war or Plane Hijack or 26-11 ... nothing ? OTOH its really stupid of a National leader to come out and say that its just a small piece of land. How would Indians feel if the US or China said the same thing ? I dont think we are obsessed with them , its just that we are worried and to some extent scared of the next bomb blast in the market nearby.
Very well said desi. It is the fear of what is going to happen next which forces Indians to play emphasis on Pak, nothing else. Some of the discussion on this thread about China and India doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If people say that we are at par with China, it is quite laughable. if they say we should aspire to be like China, that is laughable too. We have to look inwards to the problems afflicting us and have a goal oriented strategy to eradicate those issues. Two of the key problems with Indians are visualisation and execution in the field of governance.

I dont think it is quite that. Pakistanis have been obsessed with India and vice versa. The degree may vary, as would the show of obsession. Pakistani Govt(and many of the population) has resorted to violent means against India, somthing Indians(by and large) have not done. But atleast when it comes to vocal arguments there is no love lost between the two. A correct analogy perhaps would be the "compassion" that most Pakistanis seemingly felt for Indian Muslims after Gujrat riots. It is not that before Gujrat riots they were big fans of India's pluralism but post Gujrat it gave them a good tool to wave. Similarly many Indians have used the same logic of 26/11 and Kargil. I can assure you the situation was not very pleasant before these happenings either. xxx

Pakistani Govt(and many of the population) has resorted to violent means against India, somthing Indians(by and large) have not done.
Thats why we need to give them importance to stop this, you have proved the point that Rahul and yourself earlier in this thread are talking rubbish! But the pro pak/muslim lobby like yoursef ain't gonna get it!