CLT20, 2009 : What a freaking innings that was!!!

I wouldn't rate Pollard as a great batsman cos of this one innings. Same way i wont rate Henriques as poor either.. I mean.. look at his performances in the prev. 2 matches. He was really good. Its just that he lost his plot in the last 2 overs of this match.. while everything that Pollard attempted came off, it was the opp for Henriques... poor guy.. buti'm sure he'll put it behind him soon and will come back as a better player. katich did give him an opportunity to come back in the same game, by tossing the ball to him for another over..

I wouldn't rate Pollard as a great batsman cos of this one innings. Same way i wont rate Henriques as poor either.. I mean.. look at his performances in the prev. 2 matches. He was really good. Its just that he lost his plot in the last 2 overs of this match.. while everything that Pollard attempted came off' date=' it was the opp for Henriques... poor guy.. buti'm sure he'll put it behind him soon and will come back as a better player. katich did give him an opportunity to come back in the same game, by tossing the ball to him for another over..[/quote'] Agree 100%.. Henriques is still young and when you're young it is more common to be inconsistent. The important thing is that he learns from the mistakes he made and comes back a better player because of it, which I'm sure he will. You have to give some credit to Pollard though as well because ok Henriques bowled poorly for those 2 overs but he took full advantage of it, there are very few batsman around who could of done what he did.

:dontknow: why many of our folks here immeditely point to indian exploits in threads tht talk about or appreciate the feats of a foreigner.. ya... what pollard played yesterday is not something that was not done before... yuvi's six sixers off fairly decent balls is definitely bigger than this effort. but havent we bragged enough abt it in the past??? why do we have to keep saying -"this is nothing, we indians have done much better things in the past, our achievements were bigger than anything else etc?"

If you think all it takes is a couple of cowlashes to be successful in T20s' date=' why isn't everybody doing it? How hard is it to not slog for a batsmen?[/quote'] Why are you guys offended by the terms cowlasher and lappebaaj - here is a new tribute to the latest cowlasher on the block comparing him to a guy who has averaged 50+ in Tests over the last 4 years : http://www.cricinfo.com/t20champions2009/content/story/430054.html
Those that watched Dravid and Laxman recently in the CL exclusively would label them as laapebaajs (havent heard this in a while haha) as well. This format demands lappebaazigars my friends. It is also a skill which not everyone possesses.
Today, Ross Taylor hammered McGrath and Mishra - McGrath would eat up Taylor in a Test for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and we can all watch what Mishra does to Taylor and his teammates next year around the same time. Scoring 60 odd would mean jack***** in most test matches.
Why are you guys offended by the terms cowlasher and lappebaaj - here is a new tribute to the latest cowlasher on the block comparing him to a guy who has averaged 50+ in Tests over the last 4 years : http://www.cricinfo.com/t20champions2009/content/story/430054.html
ROTFL. So there's no need to belt hundreds against Shaun Pollock and Makhaya Ntini on their home turf, against McGrath and Warne in test cricket and bully around the world's highest wicket taker in a test. Slogging a few beastly beastly sixes against some overhyped no-name rookie in a shithouse masala format is all you need for fame and respekt these days! Let's hear it for Cowlasher Choudhury!
Today' date=' Ross Taylor hammered McGrath and Mishra - McGrath would eat up Taylor in a Test for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and we can all watch what Mishra does to Taylor and his teammates next year around the same time. Scoring 60 odd would mean jack***** in most test matches.[/quote'] you're probably correct except that you're still stuck up in Test cricket. You seem to measure t20 success with respect to performances in Test cricket still. This is not Test Cricket and its t20 - stop living in a time warp.
you're probably correct except that you're still stuck up in Test cricket. You seem to measure t20 success with respect to performances in Test cricket still. This is not Test Cricket and its t20 - stop living in a time warp.
Yeah I am proud of being stuck up in Test cricket - I would prefer you guys give this T20 some new sporting name, start a new forum, and discuss cowlashing and lappebaaji there, but hey it's not a perfect world so I have to sit through reading eulogies about the new KP for hitting Henriques, yes Henriques, yes again Henriques :laugh: out of the park and you have to sit through me whining about it.

Some of us are stuck up with test cricket and will have to bear the tags of snobs or old-fogeys. Others have an affliction where test cricket is considered less relevant and not a benchmark, given that a player commonly idolized here and placed on pedestals and posters happens to suck at it. (Even if he did make a 50 against England!)

I think you guys are demeaning T20 too much and this format deserves it fair share of respect. Although I do agree why you are peeved about this format as it has been overplayed and overdone. I don't mind T20's but I actually found hard following this tournament and have barely watched more than 2-3 games that too in bits. Also, the reason why players become a known quantity in this format far quicker is because the amount of games that are played. ICC has to sit down and decide their stance over these competitions (not that they could do anything if they didn't want this format). For now, ICC seems to be handling this situation very stupidly. If they are for such tournaments then why not include them in your FTP, they clearly didn't include it in FTP so does that mean they are against it ? If so, why aren't they raising their concerns against it ? BCCI can think all they want, but if the Indian audience is not provided with international games, things will turn haywire. Reason why I want them to include these leagues in FTP is that this will ensure that the number of test matches played in a calender year would not fluctuate and teams can keep a tab on their players' fitness who are willing to play in all the formats.