CLT20, 2009 : What a freaking innings that was!!!

Man.. what an innings... Brutal to the core.. A quite 7 off 7 balls turned into a whirlwin 54 off 18 balls. This is how Pollard's innings panned out, after Ramdin got out... 1, wd, 4, 4, 6, 6, dot, 6, 4, 1, 4, 6, 6 And the way he celebrated after hitting the last of his 5 monstrous sixers was the best sight so far from this tournament.. Am too excited to write everthing, so reproducing what cricinfo has... Henriques is stunned, his figures have been destroyed. Pollard's the toast of T&T and he celebrates the victory with his team-mates who rush onto the field and live it up like there' s nothing else. T&T have won with nine balls to spare, and in the end it appears to be a convincing win when it actually wasn't. They were 118 for 5 when Ramdin fell in the 16th over, and they needed 53 in 28.. They only needed 19 deliveries to knock them off, all thanks to Pollard who gave Henriques a treatment he'll remember for the rest of his life. No doubts over who's the Man of the Match, we'll get you the presentation details in a bit. I can't remember seeing too many games where fortunes have turned 180 degrees for either team within a matter of a few minutes. Pollard is the Man of the Match: "I think I came in at a crucial time, and the team was in trouble. It was a team effort, but there is always room for improvement. I always back myself to do it for the team when it needs it. Ramdin did well, and I realised it was my responsibility to win it for T&T. All of those shots were my favourites," he says. Katich: "A fantastic effort at the end. We got blown away. They kept us down in the middle of our innings. Our guys did a great job [with the bat] but that last minute blitz blew us away. It was a great wicket, great outfield." Ganga: "It's going to be a carnival atmosphere back in T&T. We love to party. It was a great effort to restrict NSW to 170, and we knew we had the right players to chase this down. I had faith in the bowlers, but we pulled things back well. We were not under pressure chasing 170, we knew we had players in our camp to achieve this. I can't find a word to describe it [Pollard's innings] and he's not the only player we have who is looking forward to playing a great innings for our team." Take a bow Polly :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Yup....cowlashers and lappebaaj have all hit a jackpot in this new format. Going for a million next auction.
Come on, Prof. Ab itni bhi kya naarajgi. Hitting 50 odd in 20 odd balls in any format is not easy especially when your team is staring towards the defeat. He single handedly stole the game away from NSW, who got pretty laid back after picking 6 wickets. They don't know what hit em in a space of 18-20 deliveries. FREAK innings, indeed! :yikes:

Cant term this match as a best game and all that.. only the innings from Pollard was freakish... I was thinking that they will fight it out and lose by 5-10 runs, but when the ended up winning with more than an over to spare was amazing... let them ppl call it be cow lashing.. who cares.. these guys are representing their nation (unlike other clubs) and they want to showcase that they are the best in this format.. and why not??? Especially Pollard showed first class temperament as well. After murdering Henriques in the prev. over, I thought his momentum will make him to go after Lee as well and get out. But the guy was cool and played Lee safely (he even played a dot ball) and when Katich offered him another over from Henriques, he went for it... Instead of putting down this effort as cow lashing or any other funny phrases like that, lets join in the celebration..

Especially Pollard showed first class temperament as well. After murdering Henriques in the prev. over, I thought his momentum will make him to go after Lee as well and get out. But the guy was cool and played Lee safely (he even played a dot ball) and when Katich offered him another over from Henriques, he went for it... Instead of putting down this effort as cow lashing or any other funny phrases like that, lets join in the celebration..
I agree with this, but did you see krapich's captaincy??? I would never give a bowler like Henriques another chance to bowl an over in last final stage. Giving a death over to a bowler who was taken for 27 runs in one over is a crime. Poor captaincy there i must say.

I think this sort of innings is not pre-decided (duh!). Pollard came in with the mindset of "yeah whatever" and smacked the balls which he thought it deserved some meat of the bat. There is no way in hell, Pollard must have said "right, 20 balls and 50 to get I must go ballistic now".. That'd be a blatant lie. He took the game ball by ball rather than worrying about chasing the total. Exactly, what UV did against England and Aussies in T20 WC.

I agree with this, but did you see krapich's captaincy??? I would never give a bowler like Henriques another chance to bowl an over in last final stage. Giving a death over to a bowler who was taken for 27 runs in one over is a crime. Poor captaincy there i must say.
Tactics like this and the fact that someone like Henriques was bowling in the death in the first place makes tigers out of ordinary players in these kind of tournaments. It was a superb innings in the context of the standards of the tournament, but that's pretty much it.
Tactics like this and the fact that someone like Henriques was bowling in the death in the first place makes tigers out of ordinary players in these kind of tournaments. It was a superb innings in the context of the standards of the tournament' date=' but that's pretty much it.[/quote'] If you think all it takes is a couple of cowlashes to be successful in T20s, why isn't everybody doing it? How hard is it to not slog for a batsmen?

well just saw the innings. The sixes he hit were off full tosses and over pitched deliveries, well i am not taking anything away from him, but it is not a great innings as such. And the bowler looks so mediocre. So frankly the bowler is at fault more than the batsman using his talent to hit good balls or so. A good display of clean hitting is all i can say about this innings!!