King of Pain - Viv Richards

patriot

No' date=' because Tendulkar is in a different league from the Juwaaris of the world.[/quote'] Ok..I get it. :laugh: Captaining 2 Champion trophy victories, 2 World Cup victories. 16 Test victories on the trot. WC final Century. 11,000+ runs in both tests and ODIS and potentially (certainly ) record holder for test runs and test tons. Standout fielder of his generation. Truely SRT is not in that league. He is in a different league to the Juwaaris. Agreed.
Ok..I get it. :laugh: Captaining 2 Champion trophy victories, 2 World Cup victories. 16 Test victories on the trot. WC final Century. 11,000+ runs in both tests and ODIS and potentially ( probably certainly ) record holder for test runs and test tons. Standout fielder of his generation. Truely SRT is not in that league. He is in a different league to the Juwaaris. Agreed.
That you have to resort to stats and numbers proves my point.
That you have to resort to stats and numbers proves my point.
No sir. Actually I am not found of statistics. I just follow them to see how they stand against my beliefs. You have probably not bothered to see that google clip. Even Ravi Shastri mentioned that SRT will be remembered for his 3 golden years - 96-98.
No sir. Actually I am not found of statistics. I just follow them to see how they stand against my beliefs. You have probably not bothered to see that google clip. Even Ravi Shastri mentioned that SRT will be remembered for his 3 golden years - 96-98.
And how many golden years will Juwaari be remembered for? In fact, the persona of this thread had only one golden year in his career and that too at the start of his career.
And how many golden years will Juwaari be remembered for? In fact, the persona of this thread had only one golden year in his career and that too at the start of his career.
Viv Richards dint change his style of attacking stroke play, neither did Lara. Ponting too has never sobered his attacking instincts. With regards to Richards - he had a very ordinary last 3 years about 20 tests. 1974-1988 he scored at 53 - in a manner that was incomparable. And I am not saying this.
Viv Richards dint change his style of attacking stroke play, neither did Lara. Ponting too has never sobered his attacking instincts. With regards to Richards - he had a very ordinary last 3 years about 20 tests. 1974-1988 he scored at 53 - in a manner that was incomparable. And I am not saying this.
Phir stats and numbers! How many Golden years did Richards have?
Phir stats and numbers! How many Golden years did Richards have?
You are whining about me referring to stats and numbers...and then again asking me for numbers. Funny Stuff. :laugh: Viv Richards displayed the most attacking and outstanding batsmenship for 14 years. A golden career for the most part indeed. SRT was able to sustain the peak of his game for 3 years 96-98. Again I am not saying it. Anywayz got to call it a night.
You are whining about me referring to stats and numbers...and then again asking me for numbers. Funny Stuff. :laugh: Viv Richards displayed the most attacking and outstanding batsmenship for 14 years. A golden career for the most part indeed. SRT was able to sustain the peak of his game for 3 years 96-98. Again I am not saying it. Anywayz got to call it a night.
Miandad averaged more than 50 in 9 years - Richards in 8, above 75 in 4 vs. 2 for Richards. I stand by my point that Miandad was better.
Miandad averaged more than 50 in 9 years - Richards in 8' date=' above 75 in 4 vs. 2 for Richards. I stand by my point that Miandad was better.[/quote'] Didn't realize the statistics favour Miandad that heavily. But we know what they say about statistics. I've always thought of Miandad as an excellent batsman, but will never put him at the level of Richards or Allan Border (who IMO was one of the great batsmen and massively underrated/underappreciated).