Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

King Tendulkar

If it shocks some ( understandably )' date=' perhaps BlueBrigade and Holysmoke can confirm - here is a link [url']http://www.siasat.com/english/news/hindu-family-observes-ramzan-fast-14-years Read 2nd comment - see how its used, you obviously won't find these things on the net but its very very common Why did they use his name?
How/What can I confirm bhai ? @ the link you posted: I don't think anyone can stop anyone from fasting for Navratra or Ramadan because it is clearly up to the person who chooses to do so (of course with the right intentions and the way it is suppose to be done).

..that u have heard that insulting "line" for bhagat singh Perhaps ppl in north dont use it, but since u from mumbai, I assumed u must have heard it..my question was why did it come about? what did he do exactly that prompted that line Link has got nothing to do with it

^^ "Ch0du Bhagat Singh" Yes, have heard that many a times, I have no clue why they use it, Infact it struck me only when you pointed it out. Edit: Memory Refreshed. The slang was "Ch0du Bhagat", heard them very often on the sports field, especially in case of a self-destructiive event i.e an own goal.

If anyone of you have a desitorrents account' date=' check out the documentary section, I have released a 3 part documentary about him that was shown in the UK over the last 3 weeks[/quote'] Thats what prompted me to start that thread. Very good 3 part series on Gandhi. Warts and all account of his life. With plenty for critics and fans alike to feed on

I dont adhere to Gandhiji's views. But I think he is one of the bravest men in the world. Braver than all the kings and emperors before him. It doent take ordinary guts to take on the most powerful empire in the world - through ahimsa. my great-grandfather was a freedom fighter and a follower of Gandhiji :isalute:

Yes' date=' it was under Pakistani rule. :isalute:[/quote'] Not really, it wad under the retard Nizam rule. when the then Nizam tried to make allies with Pakistan, thats when the hindus had enough of the retard and fought against his army. Finally Operation Polo happened and the rest is history. :isalute:

I dont adhere to Gandhiji's views. But I think he is one the bravest men in the world. Braver than all the kings and emperors before him. It doent take ordinary guts to take on the most powerful empire in the world - through ahimsa. my great-grandfather was a freedom fighter and a follower of Gandhiji :isalute:
That's right. I agree with you. Non-violence can be practiced by the brave only. However, not everyone is as brave as Gandhi was. There is a very fine line between non-violence and cowardice. Non-violence, as Gandhi practiced it, is when you are capable of violent protests, but chose not to do it because you believe it's not the right way. After his death, most people have practiced cowardice. Also non-violence is a concept easy to understand but difficult to realize. Gandhi led a nation into independence where people did not understand the value of independence as it did not come with visible sacrifices. It looked more like a gift from the British rather than something we claimed or took from them as a deserving right. As a result, we became formally independent, but mentally we remained servants still. The inferiority complex remains till date. It will take a few more generations before we get over that. Non-violence works for great individuals who understand it. Hardly works for the masses, especially in the long run. I still believe that Gandhi should not have opposed Subhash Chandra Bose or Bhagat Singh.

Yes' date=' it was under Pakistani rule. :isalute:[/quote']
Not really' date=' it wad under the retard Nizam rule. when the then Nizam tried to make allies with Pakistan, thats when the hindus had enough of the retard and fought against his army. Finally Operation Polo happened and the rest is history. :isalute:[/quote'] You are a true golt and totally lack humour. :rose:

Not a great fan of him' date=' but respect him for whatever little he did to gain the [b']respect all over the world. If you go NortH India, You will see many congress supporters AKA the ghandians.. But if you ask many of them, Bhagat Singh is the name which people have most respect for in North Indian regions of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana etc.
I think the difference is that you can find people like Bhagat Singh in the history of almost every country. Even we have similar figures of various magnitudes - like Chandrasekhar Azad or Udham Singh or several Bengali revolutionaries. But Gandhi's achievements are pretty much unique in all history.

@Dom I think ahimsa is a very complicated topic. Because as you said, if it is adhered to properly then you will most probably achieve what you set out for. But if it wrongly followed or done without a fully conscious effort then it will end up in disaster and the practitioner will be labelled as a coward, like in the Nehru-Mao episode. according to me ahimsa should be used as the first step, to avoid an imminent war and suffering for both the parties. That is the enemy needs to be given a chance to rethink his stance. According to me if the enemy persists doing damage to you and your country, then there is only one way to deal with it - by force and strategy.

I think the difference is that you can find people like Bhagat Singh in the history of almost every country. Even we have similar figures of various magnitudes - like Chandrasekhar Azad or Udham Singh or several Bengali revolutionaries. But Gandhi's achievements is pretty much unique in the all of history.
True