Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

King Tendulkar

Not a great fan of him, but respect him for whatever little he did to gain the respect all over the world. If you go NortH India, You will see many congress supporters AKA the ghandians.. But if you ask many of them, Bhagat Singh is the name which people have most respect for in North Indian regions of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana etc.

Bhagat Singh would have been convicted in all countries in all timelines, what has Gandhi got to do with that? Seems irrelevant to me. If you want to discuss Bhagat Singh's invaluable contribution to the Indian freedom struggle that would be altogether a different thing. Gandhi had his fallacies like any other human, I neither fault or judge him as history has done a greater job of that.

I have utmost respect for him. He worked hard for all of us and attained independence through the proper way of non-violence. He also took one or two wrong decisions but they were not his mistakes but he acted as per the situation. If I have to single any one person the most, he has to be the Mahatma. But at the same time, his principles would not be that effective in the 21st century but still those were awesome. But I dont like the fake Gandhians. Nehru family too the surname Gandhi and just destroyed the Gandhi name and by respecting and adoring Mahatma I dont mean the fake Gandhi family.

British just left on their own - they could've ruled over the Indians far longer if they wanted to IMO.
I agree that at last British left on their own too. They said that they would leave if India helped them in the war. India did so and they left. But there were decades of immense internal pressure from the freedom movement that also led them to come to such a deal. Maybe India would have been independent in 30s itself if Gandhiji had not stopped the Civil Disobedience movement after Chaura Chauri as there was immense pressure then. But Gandhiji maintained that he would only achieve India's freedom through non-violence and so he ended the movement even after the opposition of most freedom fighters. I respect his principles and I believe non-violence was the right path for freedom. No qualms about that.

I admire Bhagat Singh more because of his views that his hanging would inspire the youth of India. He figured this all out and carried out a successful life mission after he barely got out of teens. HIS courage and love for his country cannot be measured. Same for Rajguru, Sukhdev and Udham Singh, I respect them more than Gandhi. There's no way Brits would have been able to rule over India as the new age of Capitalism and Enlightenment with Industrial Revolution was rising everywhere. After WW2, they probably didn't give a **** about India anymore anyways, they had milked our resources completely and had no use for us anymore. The world admires Gandhi more though and have no clue who Bhagat Singh is. Even our movies are a disgrace to his legacy because of the romance, flowers and dancing bull **** in all of his movies so far.

I admire Bhagat Singh more because of his views that his hanging would inspire the youth of India. He figured this all out and carried out a successful life mission after he barely got out of teens. HIS courage and love for his country cannot be measured. Same for Rajguru, Sukhdev and Udham Singh, I respect them more than Gandhi. There's no way Brits would have been able to rule over India as the new age of Capitalism and Enlightenment with Industrial Revolution was rising everywhere. After WW2, they probably didn't give a **** about India anymore anyways, they had milked our resources completely and had no use for us anymore. The world admires Gandhi more though and have no clue who Bhagat Singh is. Even our movies are a disgrace to his legacy because of the romance, flowers and dancing bull **** in all of his movies so far.
the ajay devgan movie was quiet good actually !,to be really honest i didnt really know much about bhaghat sight before the movie except for the whole krantikari deal .. but the movie was an eyeopener, lol .. who says bollywood isnt informative

the ajay devgan movie was quiet good actually !' date='to be really honest i didnt really know much about bhaghat sight before the movie except for the whole krantikari deal .. but the movie was an eyeopener, lol .. who says bollywood isnt informative[/quote'] Yeh I first learnt of Bhagat Singh through the Ajay Devgan movie, it made me read up on him more. If it wasn't for him, I don't know when I would have found out about him

Not to offend anyone, but Bhagat Singhs name was used to tease someone - not sure how it came about but it was very common It went like " Abhey Ch**do Bhagat Singh " Again, I am not sure why but most things come about after some action. What did he do exactly to gain this? anyone

Albert Einstein on Gandhi: "Generations to come, it may be, will scarce believe that such one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth". Someone far greater than me (and possibly, all of us here) had that to say about Gandhi some 60 years ago, and if someone said the same thing today, in another 50 years, it will be true again. I dont know enough about him or the Indian independence to judge him on character - his mind functioned at a higher level than everyone else 60 years ago - and for me, it remains the same today.