'I hated Miandad's guts' - Ravi Shastri Interview

^^ nobody is stopping you from criticizing.. and i'm not comparing KP to KD.. all i was telling you is when you have so much respect for ppl who went hammer and tongs in the longer version of the game, why are you so much against an equally (if not better as per your standards) devastating innings played in a T20 match where thats the way you are expected to play..
Do you really not see the difference between Henriques and the likes of Marshall, Garner, Holding, Roberts, Willis, Lilllee, Thompson, Botham, and Kapil? :wall:
why are you so much against an equally (if not better as per your standards) devastating innings played in a T20 match where thats the way you are expected to play..
You answered yourself there, didnt you? In T20 you are expected to play that way, in longer format of the game you are not. That too about 20 years ago! Everything depends on the context. You can not compare the celebrations of Adil Sumariwala in National 100 meter against that of Usain Bolt at Beijing Olympics you know. xxx

^^ victory is victory, performnce is performance.. aren't we celebrating just 1 gold medal won by bindra in olympics, while china and us were winning so many.. can you say these stupid indian guys are celebrating for just 1 medal? @ outsider - hatsoff to KD for batting successfully against the best bowlers of those times. full credit to him.. when you say Henriques is a club bowler and KP's effort against him is nothing great.. I say KP is also a club player.. so they are equally matched.. if a SRT plays an innings like that against Henriques bowling, there is nothing to celebrate about.. Pollard is a nobody so why cant we treat them as equals and give credit.. for that mater haven't we celebrated when SRT thrashed Henry Olonga, Viru thrashing paki bowlers and Yuvi clobbering Stuart Broad..

^^ victory is victory, performnce is performance.. aren't we celebrating just 1 gold medal won by bindra in olympics, while china and us were winning so many.. can you say these stupid indian guys are celebrating for just 1 medal? @ outsider - hatsoff to KD for batting successfully against the best bowlers of those times. full credit to him.. when you say Henriques is a club bowler and KP's effort against him is nothing great.. I say KP is also a club player.. so they are equally matched.. if a SRT plays an innings like that against Henriques bowling, there is nothing to celebrate about.. Pollard is a nobody so why cant we treat them as equals and give credit.. for that mater haven't we celebrated when SRT thrashed Henry Olonga, Viru thrashing paki bowlers and Yuvi clobbering Stuart Broad..
Man....read your post again and see if it makes any sense. Bindra won the gold at the global level. It's not Bindra's fault that other Indian athletes could not win anything. Well, if Pollard and Henriques are both club level players then why so much hype? Why all this clamor for Pollard to be included in everyone's IPL team(that might make sense though with mediocrity attracting mediocrity)? Why articles comparing Pollard with Pietersen? Why the possibility of close to a million dollar contract for mediocrity? Next time, let's also go gaga when someone thrashes attacks in school cricket. I already said that his innings was superb in the context of the mediocrity and sub standard levels of cricket that is being played in IPL and CL. Do you want me to start deifying to club level chu.tiyagiri if others are doing it and start comparing it to Kapil Dev? You might have gone over the top celebrating Tendulkar thrashing Olonga - I did not. Paki bowlers like Akhtar and Saqlain? Broad, who is probably better than any new Indian bowler at the moment? Even so Yuvraj getting a Porsche and crores of Rupees for it was too much hype and I had said so at that time.

I guess what Outsider is trying to say is that both the contexts are different. In T20, you expect people to play like that only. But KDs or Bothams innings that he mentioned has more value because they were played in the longer format (when nobody expected you to play like that which was about 20+ years ago); against exceptional bowling; and scoring with a tail that is at the mercy of the bowling which again, mind you was exceptional. I agree with those points. But still I feel that most of the times Kapil did throw away his wicket (not intentionally of course). I would have respected him a lot more if he would have taken a little more time to adjust to the pitch and the bowling and then started his work.