Spread Betting League Guide- New Members Invited!

Shane

This one is for all the New/Reluctant Members who have found the rules of the SBL confusing and complicated, The SBL is quite an addictive concept very similar to Fixed Odds Betting, I would request all the New Members to participate, The Rules are in the OP the SBL thread, If there are any doubts yet, here is where you could get it resolved. Mods : This is a temporary thread, will delete it if/when it serves its purpose.

Here is an example: SBL MARKET

%2$s [TABLE=head]BET|MARKET|SETTLE INDIA / AUSTRALIA MATCH SUPREMACY 1ST ODI|0-10|- INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S|43-48|- [/TABLE]
SYNTAX OF THE BET BUY INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S @ 48 (40K) Three most Important part of the Syntax. 1. DIRECTION OF THE BET - BUY / SELL 2. BUYING OR SELLING PRICE - In this case 43 is the Selling Price and 48 is the Buying Price 3. STAKE PER POINT - It can be anywhere between 1K to 50K, depending on your degree of conviction about the bet. So this is how it works Suppose Three Indian players score 50+ tommorow, SRT 110 :D Viru 55 MSD 60 Then the INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S market settles at 75. (60 +5 + 10) The following Bet would settle as, BUY INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S @ 48 (40K) (75 - 48) = 27 * 40k = You win 1080k. Had you Sold the Market Suppose SELL INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S @ 43 (40K) it would settle, (43 - 75) = -32 * 40k = -1280k
shane' date=' what will happen if i placed the same bet u mentioned in the example and no one from india scores 50+. Then how much will i lose?[/quote'] In that case the Market Settles at 0. If you, BUY INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S @ 48 (40K) (0 - 48) = -48 * 40k = -1920k But, If it were SELL INDIA 1ST ODI 50 UP'S @ 43 (40K) (43 - 0) = 43 * 40k = You Win 1720k
How about explaining what these bigshots' date=' mutli-wides and zero tolerance means :hmmmm:[/quote'] Sure, Bigshots These are sixes hit by the nominated players, For Eg. In tomm's game India have Sehwag, God, Dhoni 25 points per six. The Market is at 54-62. Suppose you think Sehwag, SRT, Dhoni will score more than 62 points i.e. 3 or more than sixes (75 points), then you Buy. If you think they cant score more than 2 sixes combined you SELL. MultiWides This is pretty simple, The no. of wides India concede is multiplied with the No. of Wides Oz concede. Eg. India concedes 10 wides, Oz Concede 5. Market Settles at 10*5 = 50 Zero Tolerance As the name suggest, It is on the no. of ducks scored by players from either team. Duck = 10 points Golden Duck = 25 points Suppose there are 2 ducks and one golden in the entire match, the market settles at (2*10)+25=45