Ponting -the CHOKER

zubinpepsi

If Michael Clarke can take 6/9 on the pitch' date=' Warne can do whatever he wants. Then again, it wouldn't be the last time Michael Clarke tore through you with his friendly left armers.[/quote'] Umm..wouldn't it also mean Clarke bowled better than Warnie at Indians ? Or Indians are more generous and lenient to Clarke than they ever were to Warnie ?
Umm..wouldn't it also mean Clarke bowled better than Warnie at Indians ? Or Indians are more generous and lenient to Clarke than they ever were to Warnie ?
Warne never played on that pitch. Generous? I didn't think Indians were match fixers..oh wait.
If Michael Clarke can take 6/9 on the pitch' date=' Warne can do whatever he wants. Then again, it wouldn't be the last time Michael Clarke tore through you with his friendly left armers.[/quote'] It's called a fluke. It happens. The pitch was turning but why would have warne mattered when the other spinner in your side (who in all probability had a better record than warne against India in India) couldnt out best clarke.
It's called a fluke. It happens. The pitch was turning but why would have warne mattered when the other spinner in your side (who in all probability had a better record than warne against India in India) couldnt out best clarke.
Because Warne can bowl people around their legs even on decent turning wickets. If he had played it would have been trouble.
Warne never played on that pitch. Generous? I didn't think Indians were match fixers..oh wait.
Nice. So you conveniently chose to ignore my comment about Clarke being a better bowler than Warne when Aussies' opponents are India. Not a problem. How about when Bhajji was picking 8-fers and 7-fers in the entire series in 2001 where did you guys hide warne-who-can-bowl-people-behind-batsmen's-legs. I mean if a rookie spinner can exploit the pitch this expertly, you would expect bigger things from Warne no ?
Because Warne can bowl people around their legs even on decent turning wickets. If he had played it would have been trouble.
Something which he has failed to do regularly against India in India. In the 2 series warne played in India, before that kumble got 25 and bhajji got 32. What was warne doing on those decent turning tracks ?? The bowler who replaced warne in that mumbai test was better than warne in India. So basically India got robbed off 100 runs by Warne not playing.
Something which he has failed to do regularly against India in India. In the 2 series warne played in India, before that kumble got 25 and bhajji got 32. What was warne doing on those decent turning tracks ?? The bowler who replaced warne in that mumbai test was better than warne in India. So basically India got robbed off 100 runs by Warne not playing.
Uhhhh. That pitch was a joke. The match was over in 2 days, how many other pitches were produced like that earlier in the series? None.
With the exception of one match Warne's record is pretty decent in India really. Well it's a bit tough considering Warne had never played on Indian pitches in his life' date=' and Harbhajan grew up on them and played 50 percent of his cricket in India.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: Everything add up now when I look into Warne's stats against India in India. Oh Lord!
With the exception of one match Warne's record is pretty decent in India really. Well it's a bit tough considering Warne had never played on Indian pitches in his life' date=' and Harbhajan grew up on them and played 50 percent of his cricket in India.[/quote'] Well when you are being considered as one of the greatest spinners ever to have played cricket, then dont you think the reason you have stated above as to why Bhajji overshadowed Warne is a bit lame. Well i guess it is so hard for you to accept that we indians have treated Warne like a club bowler sometimes. Anyway warne has just a single 5 wicket haul and his bowling avg is 47.11, do you mean to say that is a pretty decent record for the greatest leg spinner ever. Comeon man stop defending just for the sake of it. Shane warne did horse **** against us and that is the truth. Even Nayan mongia was carting him all over the park, that sums up warnes exploit against India!
Uhhhh. That pitch was a joke. The match was over in 2 days' date=' how many other pitches were produced like that earlier in the series? None.[/quote'] So? As long as we are speaking hypothetically,If A has a better record than B , then it stands to reason that A would be a better bowler than B irrespective of the pitch condition, since both A and B were spinners who rely on turn. Saying B will miraculously bowl better than A is illogical.
So? As long as we are speaking hypothetically' date='If A has a better record than B , then it stands to reason that A would be a better bowler than B irrespective of the pitch condition, since both A and B were spinners who rely on turn. Saying B will miraculously bowl better than A is illogical.[/quote'] If W (Warne) has a better record than C (Clarke), and C takes 6/9, what would W take?
Against India IN India. Oh well like I care whether you smashed him around. He will be considered better than any Indian spinner' date=' bash him all you like, but [b']he is a genius.
I dont think anybody would refute that. The point that my fellow posters are trying to make is, If Shane had played in that Mumbai test match the victory margin for India would be much higher than just 15 runs, since as u have just stated we have smashed him around! :--D:winky:
If W (Warne) has a better record than C (Clarke)' date=' and C takes 6/9, what would W take?[/quote'] W gets spanked around every time he plays in India (regardless of the pitch he plays on), C takes 6/9 in his first chance.....what does it make W look like ?
If W (Warne) has a better record than C (Clarke)' date=' and C takes 6/9, what would W take?[/quote'] well mate you are coming in circles, Warne doesnt have a better record that Clarke against India in tests. Its Michael Clarke who owns warne in that aspect of his bowling! So by that logic warne wouldnt have been a threat to us.