Do you hate Pakistan?

Pakistan-India

Sree' date=' you are judging everything about India via net and links - reality is different my friend[/quote'] Thank you Rajiv. Some sanity, at last
The sad part is that you don't even know what you are asking - if you do let's develop this chain a bit further. What would be your reaction/ideology change/perspective etc. if I said : a) Yes b) No
Nothing. I asked out of curiosity.

When an attack happens in India and it is revealed it was orchestrated from Pakistan with help of India's muslims, it is the mainstream muslims, those who are patriotic to India, who bear the brunt of the backlash and suspicion In that sense, do Indian muslims live in fear ?
I beg of you, stop making such sweeping generalizations about Indian Muslims. You seem so evidently clueless on this issue that it's best for you if you don't anything more on this.

When an attack happens in India and it is revealed it was orchestrated from Pakistan with help of India's muslims, it is the mainstream muslims, those who are patriotic to India, who bear the brunt of the backlash and suspicion In that sense, do Indian muslims live in fear ?
That doesn't answer anything Is it an exaggeration to say Indian muslims fear a backlash by Hindu zealots when members of the Indian muslim community are implicated in terror attacks ? Are these people clueless too ? http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout&cid=1229270059323
Please just answer the question A simple YES or NO answer to whether Indian Muslims fear a backlash in the event of an attack
:laugh: A simple YES or NO answer would have sufficied. Never mind
Sorry to say but either you have either never lived in India or you need to learn proper education and a better IQ. How does a random article from a website I have never visited in my life make any sense. Anyways if you bring articles from religious websites, it is bound to be biased and though I do not visit such websites, but I once found an article at a popular Indian website. Just check out this article http://indianmuslims.in/pakistan-indian-muslims/ I dont visit any religious websites normally as it always remains a bit biased towards the religion as those are built from the point of view of that religion and its customs etc. only. But the above website I gave you will speak a lot about the overall mentality. And most of the writers thre are big reporters, scholars etc. Although your main question does not make any sense if you have lived in India actually and that too in the past few decades. I am quite sure you have never lived in India as can be made out from your question. Regarding backlash why will there be any backlash. Perhaps you need to know what type of country India is and then you would never have asked such a question. And if anybody tries to attack anyone in India irrespective of religion, caste, creed or anything else then at first the govt. would take care of it. And personally speaking for me, such a situation is far fetched from reality and is not possible at all. But in case there is such a situation ever (which is impossible amongst the educated surroundings in cities) then I am rest assured that my friends and neighbours from other religions (and mainly hindus) would rip their asses before they even dare to touch me. The same would also apply to them. If there are any Muslim zealots trying to harm them I will rip their arses before they touches or harms my hindu neighbours and friends. Frankly speaking you need to live in India. While staying in the Aus and reading a selective few articles here and there would not help you understanding what India is now. And yes there were a few problems a few decades ago as India was more concerned about religion. But now religion hardly plays any important roles in life of modern India. Education is spreading and it has changed the whole situation in India as people know that success, development etc. are more important than religion and that religion is something which should be practiced at homes and not to be brought in social life. Anyways it would be futile exercise to make you understand what our country is and how everything is because without firsthand experience and without actually residing here you would never know it.

Sree, In Aus there are Lebanese suburbs , Muslim suburbs , Greek etc . Its pretty much the same thing. If there is any trouble then you dont want to be in the wrong suburb no matter where you are in the world. From NYC to Syd to Moradabad. PS: stop reading stupid websites and ask REAL muslims from India like ViruRulz and MHR... they'll tell u the reality. There is always an odd idiot, even on ICF there are\were some posters who couldnt tolerate Muslims , the same way there will be people who are against Hindus but its pretty much the same everywhere in the world.

What a rubbish' date=' patronizing post! VR is just like a typical Indian Muslim. There are others like Sooda and mhr on the board as well and so many others I know in real life. There might be a few pocket Muslim ghettos in India, [b']but the average Muslim is as patriotic as the average Hindu.
That is BS post and you know it. Sorry if it crushes the PC sentiments of many but thats balooney. p.s I wish it was true but frankly it is not and you know it deep down!

That is BS post and you know it. Sorry if it crushes the PC sentiments of many but thats balooney. p.s I wish it was true but frankly it is not and you know it deep down!
Yeah, just because you claim to have played cricket with a bunch of Indian Muslims from Gujarat in England who supported Pakistan, I should dump my years of interaction of with Muslims in India on a day to day basis across the country. :laugh:

Yeah' date=' just because you claim to have played cricket with a bunch of Indian Muslims from Gujarat in England who supported Pakistan, I should dump my years of interaction of with Muslims in India on a day to day basis across the country. :laugh:[/quote'] Nope and overseas player from Kolkata in India came over and declared after 2 months he supports pakistan. And my wife who was fully eduacted in India also said most of the muslim girls she studied with said they were pak supporters and bizzarley said they are loyal to pak and want to live there. Despite of course never have been there or having any family/connections at all there. Also most of them apparently, more worringly all loved Afridi and thought he was really good looking:(( Thus of course there are many muslims who are loyal to India. But from my totally unscientific survey most are more loyal to pakistan. Thus to say on average they are as loyal to India as Hindus is sorry to say an untruth. And a case of burying your head on the sand. Saying that I can understand why posters will not want to declare the truth openly on this and tow the PC line

^As I said' date=' I am so totally convinced to change my PC tune based on your "experiences" in the UK that I have blacked out years and years of everyday interaction with Muslims all over India.[/quote'] I can understand why you would not want to type the truth. As clearly it does not help matterts if one spouts what I am saying as it causes division. But I still nevertheless will type it. And I repeat am sure there are many loyal muslims. But you must admit there are a number of muslims who are not patriotic and who favour pakistan over there mother land. In fact I would say there are fair few indian muslims who despise India ther country! Have you never encountered such types?

And I repeat am sure there are many loyal muslims. But you must admit there are a number of muslims who are not patriotic and who favour pakistan over there mother land. In fact I would say there are fair few indian muslims who despise India ther country!
Why is the patriotism of Indian muslims called into question ?

Few stories here and there doesn't compete with years of living amongst them in India. People wouldn't flaunt the term PC as they have no other recourse and simply want to push the argument. Shwetabh, I guess you would have more interaction being from Lucknow but amazingly, I have never come across discussing our own ( Indian Muslims ) in real, its just on the net ( especially ICF ). It's always the people who have never experienced or base their opinion on few examples but frankly I don't blame people form UK, almost all will be very bitter towards Pakistanis and Muslims in general due to the Radical Pakistanis living there, they interact with them way more than what we do in North America

Shwetabh, I guess you would have more interaction being from Lucknow but amazingly, I have never come across discussing our own ( Indian Muslims ) in real, its just on the net ( especially ICF ). It's always the people who have never experienced or base their opinion on few examples but frankly I don't blame people form UK, almost all will be very bitter towards Pakistanis and Muslims in general due to the Radical Pakistanis living there, they interact with them way more than what we do in North America
Rajiv, Thats not surprising really. I remember there was this whole issue of Muslims in India not being very rich and prosperous and how it became a political issue. Back then I had mentioned the same reasoning as I do now. The simple fact is an overwhelming number of Muslims(2/3rd if not more) reside in Bihar, UP, Bengal, Assam area. People coming from these areas have more interaction with each other. Half of the city in UP are Muslim named, same for Bihar. So generally speaking you have better chances of a Bihari, a Upite standing up for Muslims that some moronic NRI who bases his assumption off a cricket field. Although I am surprised you did not have personal interactions with Muslims much? Bombay has a huge population. Are you really telling me you never fell for a Muslim girl :--D xxxx PS: I kinda hate such posts talking about Indian Muslims since it makes one think as if they are different. For me they are the same, heck they are better than those moronic NRIs who spew venom on threads like this.

Rajiv, Although I am surprised you did not have personal interactions with Muslims much? Bombay has a huge population. Are you really telling me you never fell for a Muslim girl :--D xxxx PS: I kinda hate such posts talking about Indian Muslims since it makes one think as if they are different. For me they are the same, heck they are better than those moronic NRIs who spew venom on threads like this.
On the contrary, I guess I didn't mention it but my point was that being from Lucknow, he would have had more interaction than me. As for me, hell yeah - school, college, family friends, group of best friend, ex-girlfriend - its like u know, I never saw them as Muslims, they were just friends and people I knew. Infact, I have celebrated holi with a group of Muslims ( like all em mia-bhai ). The first to wish me happy diwali was a Muslim friend from India ( again, its sounds funny to mention this as its all normal - u know what I mean ).

As for me' date=' hell yeah - school, college, family friends, group of best friend, ex-girlfriend - its like u know, I never saw them as Muslims, they were just friends and people I knew. Infact, I have celebrated holi with a group of Muslims ( like all em mia-bhai ). The first to wish me happy diwali was a Muslim friend from India ( again, its sounds funny to mention this as its all normal - u know what I mean ).[/quote'] Arre I know exactly what you mean. I have had as much fun celebrating Eid and Baqreid as I have had Diwali. My birthplace has a lot of Shia population so I have seen Moharram quite a but too, something that not many Muslims have seen either. I could go on talking about receiving Eidis, or celebrating Diwali together. Great memories really. My only complaint, if that, is that Muslims should have as much open mind as every other religion when it comes to marriages. Generally speaking a Hindu (boy or girl) has more freedom marrying outside his religion, while muslim(specially girl) has absolutely no such freedom. Aside from that I have absolutely no complaints about Indian Muslims. Man there should have been a better start to the day than uttering those two words - Indian and Muslim - together. It feels weird and strange. Like you I have always thought of everyone as friend and family. xxx

We've been through this so many times. It is a fact that many Muslims in India support pakistan over India. It is a fact that many of them celebrate when Pak beats India in a cricket match. Now how many of those would support Pak over India if it comes to a war, no one knows, but I am willing to bet that most of them would. And I bet a good number of these would even help terrorists from across the border to blow up buildings in our country. That said, now what proportion of the total Indian Muslims account of this? I am willing to bet it is low enough that it is just an annoyance, rather than a big deal, except when it comes to security issue where the effect of a few can be devastating.

Arre I know exactly what you mean. I have had as much fun celebrating Eid and Baqreid as I have had Diwali. My birthplace has a lot of Shia population so I have seen Moharram quite a but too, something that not many Muslims have seen either. I could go on talking about receiving Eidis, or celebrating Diwali together. Great memories really. My only complaint, if that, is that Muslims should have as much open mind as every other religion when it comes to marriages. Generally speaking a Hindu (boy or girl) has more freedom marrying outside his religion, while muslim(specially girl) has absolutely no such freedom. Aside from that I have absolutely no complaints about Indian Muslims. Man there should have been a better start to the day than uttering those two words - Indian and Muslim - together. It feels weird and strange. Like you I have always thought of everyone as friend and family. xxx
Lurker, Its a typical minority behavior from Jews in US , Greeks in Aus to Indians living anywhere in the world. Minorities always try to protect their so called culture. Besides that I agree that some muslims have issues when their children get married in to a hindu family but I am sure Hindus also have issues when their children want to marry a muslim.