Ranji Trophy - Super League 2009-2010 - Discussion thread

Hahha.. Media's attempt to create a controversy out of nowhere = :fail: :laugh: This sort of masala journalism is nothing new, but even by the general moronic standards of Indian tabloid media, this is ridiculous. What the eff is this supposed to mean?

He thrust his crotch at a section of the crowd, and at one point even seem to hold his balls in his hand, shouting repeatedly: “Come on.” His behavior in general seems to be as ugly as his batting stance, and notwithstanding his cricketing accomplishments, if such behaviour isn’t questioned or curbed, then shame on the authorities, and the media, if it remains silent.
Thank goodness they stopped with him clutching his balls.. A little more madness and they might have even claimed he unzipped his pants and did a you-know-what.. The final was very a keenly contested affair between two extremely competitive teams. There is bound to be the odd exchanges here and there. Of course, a few of the controversies could have been avoided, but swearing/posturing is nothing new in international cricket.
mumbai=australia' date='they behaved like bullies like australians from trying to change the ball to literally scaring(or intimidating) the umpires into 2 vital bad decisions.[/quote'] Quick question, did you even see a single ball of the match? Or at the least, did you see at least those parts of the telecast when there were instances of confrontation b/w the two teams?
Hahha.. Media's attempt to create a controversy out of nowhere = :fail: :laugh: This sort of masala journalism is nothing new, but even by the general moronic standards of Indian tabloid media, this is ridiculous. What the eff is this supposed to mean? Thank goodness they stopped with him clutching his balls.. A little more madness and they might have even claimed he unzipped his pants and did a you-know-what.. The final was very a keenly contested affair between two extremely competitive teams. There is bound to be the odd exchanges here and there. Of course, a few of the controversies could have been avoided, but swearing/posturing is nothing new in international cricket.
Mate, this is not some media article, this is a blog entry from one of the spectator who was present in the ground when the incident happened :fail:
Hahha.. Media's attempt to create a controversy out of nowhere = :fail: :laugh: This sort of masala journalism is nothing new, but even by the general moronic standards of Indian tabloid media, this is ridiculous. What the eff is this supposed to mean? Thank goodness they stopped with him clutching his balls.. A little more madness and they might have even claimed he unzipped his pants and did a you-know-what.. The final was very a keenly contested affair between two extremely competitive teams. There is bound to be the odd exchanges here and there. Of course, a few of the controversies could have been avoided, but swearing/posturing is nothing new in international cricket.
Swearing is nothing new at cricket, but swearing at spectators is unprofessional and cheap.
Mate' date=' this is not some media article, this is a blog entry from one of the spectator who was present in the ground when the incident happened :fail:[/quote'] Brb, creating a blog entry in ICF; 'Karnataka skipper Uthappa seen taking a piss outside Mumbai's dressing room'... Holy cow, how could Uthappa possibly do such a thing! This is outrageously shocking.. Karnataka is the worst behaved team of our domestic cricket.. :omg: :haha:
Brb, creating a blog entry in ICF; 'Karnataka skipper Uthappa seen taking a piss outside Mumbai's dressing room'... Holy cow, how could Uthappa possibly do such a thing! This is outrgeously shocking.. Karnataka is the worst behaved team of our domestic cricket.. :omg: :haha:
Did you even care to read the complete article?.The author of this blog entry is one of the renowned professor in the sanfransisco state university.Going by your logic, all articles are masala articles and can never be trusted, so we should stop reading newspapers :dance: And the point is Mumabi is deserved champions. They handled the pressure situations better than Karnataka counterparts.But they are cocky and arrogant and not a good winner .
Did you even care to read the complete article?.The author of this blog entry is one of the renowned professor in the sanfransisco state university.Going by your logic, all articles are masala articles and can never be trusted, so we should stop reading newspapers :dance: And the point is Mumabi is deserved champions. They handled the pressure situations better than Karnataka counterparts.But they are cocky and arrogant and not a good winner .
How wonder how 'renowned' this so called 'professior' really is.. :laugh: Bottomline, if you're going to start bashing people based on blog entries, then g'luck with your credibility. Btw, did you see the match? If anything, K'taka was the team that seemingly crossed the line more often. It was K'taka which made that surprising appeal against Aggy. It was K'taka's captain Uthappa who gave Agarkar a big verbal send-off after he caught in the 2nd innings. Look, I am not looking to defend the Mumbai team. But my point being that your so called 'conclusions' about the Mumbai team being 'arrogant and cocky' based on some tabloid reports and a blog entry is just so lacking in logic.

Thank you for injecting some common sense here Morris. I'll add that I attended some of the Mumbai/Delhi Ranji SF a week+ ago. What I saw of the Mumbai team on the field there was nothing corresponding to the media diatribes and the vitriol being written by various armchair critics I've seen.

Thank you for injecting some common sense here Morris. I'll add that I attended some of the Mumbai/Delhi Ranji SF a week+ ago. What I saw of the Mumbai team on the field there was nothing corresponding to the media diatribes and the vitriol being written by various armchair critics I've seen.
Its amazing to see how easily people can be swayed.. Maybe they just choose to be swayed.. :winky:
Quick question' date=' did you even see a single ball of the match? Or at the least, did you see at least those parts of the telecast when there were instances of confrontation b/w the two teams?[/quote'] yep,i saw how these guys managed to get the ball changed in 2 overs after appealing every other ball,amit verma got an absolute shocker from saheba who was under constant pressure from mumbai bowlers.even satish wicket was very iffy and he would have got off if there was a review system in place.

Btw, lemme just add that Uthappa was setting himself nicely to be an obvious target of the Mumbai team. Before the match, he made a statement along the lines 'Yea, Mumbai has won a lot before, but it wont count for much since its a new match..' That sort of sounded a bit disrespectful to me. The Mumbai squad is sure to have taken note of it. And the appeal and the Aggy send-off happened. No wonder he was reserved for some special 'treatment'.

yep' date='i saw how these guys managed to get the ball changed in 2 overs after appealing every other ball,amit verma got an absolute shocker from saheba who was under constant pressure from mumbai bowlers.even satish wicket was very iffy and he would have got off if there was a review system in place.[/quote'] Why are you mixing Umpires' incompetency with Mumbai's antics ? :dontknow: Saheba is a known sh*thead but he is the "best" we've got, and that's the reason why he was picked for our "prestigious domestic final". And about the ball change, BCCI is very poor to afford a ***ing kookaburra ball in our domestic games so I am not surprised that the ball's condition might have deteriorated before the mandatory ball change. I remember there was a game played where at least 4-5 balls were changed (in ONE innings) because of poor condition of the ball.

Oh please... the umpiring in domestics has been rubbish for ages now and bad decisions are nothing new. (In fact last season I recollect the Mumbai players complaining a fair bit about umpiring errors, and Rohit suffering from a few in a handful of league games.) Those that kept up with past Ranji seasons and followed the domestic reports (from sources that actually have some credibility like the Hindu, Mumbai Mirror, Telegraph and co.) would be very aware of this. The others seem to want to spin this off as the evil conspiracy between the MCA and umpires to screw poor Karnataka over. :roll:

How wonder how 'renowned' this so called 'professior' really is.. :laugh: Bottomline, if you're going to start bashing people based on blog entries, then g'luck with your credibility. Btw, did you see the match? If anything, K'taka was the team that seemingly crossed the line more often. It was K'taka which made that surprising appeal against Aggy. It was K'taka's captain Uthappa who gave Agarkar a big verbal send-off after he caught in the 2nd innings. Look, I am not looking to defend the Mumbai team. But my point being that your so called 'conclusions' about the Mumbai team being 'arrogant and cocky' based on some tabloid reports and a blog entry is just so lacking in logic.
Look, I am not complaining about the on field verbal abuses , these things might happen at the heat of the moment. Jaffer's send-off of Uthappa or Uthappa's send-off of Agarkar is not such a big deal. But whining about the ground,venues etc, provoking spectators by cheap antics etc are really shameless behaviors. Ps: I am following that blog for last 4 years and I have more reaosns to trust that blog than your silly advices :icflove: . I rest my case.