Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!!

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!!

Don't tell me that all those ODI finals losses, humliation to the aussies in Nagpur, 4th quarter collapses in Bangalore and Karachi, losing to Bangladesh in the 1st round of WC 07 etc are all because of people questioning their integrity day in and out.
Nagpur was when the true decline of this team started. And it had everything to do with a traitor called Shashank Manohar and his clique, who have since been rewarded for their treachery by electing them en-masse into the BCCI.
What is so treacherous about preparing a true pitch. And please don't tell me you didn't find Mr Captain Ganguly's decision not to play few minutes before the match not treacherous.
Far be it for me to ever agree with FB, but there is something to be said about preparing a pitch to help the opposition. That was a dispicable act by the administration. Ofcourse what FB fails to realize is that it was also cowardice by SG to back out of the game on the day of the morning of the match! If he was trying to make a statement it was a poor way. I think SG should have been punished for cowardice. Shashank Manohar should be tried SHOT for Treason!
on both counts, i agree with chappan chhori... .............................. hey... what's this... we are ending on the same side far too often... ok... take this... RD is a wimp... GC is a scum... and you suck up to both... which makes you a .... :hic: cheers!

What a terrible low this debate has degenerated into. For once, read the original post and then comment upon what the author is trying to say. And please, no baseless allegations on Dravid or Ganguly!!! When will we learn to repect our heroes who've done so much for Indian cricket?
Ms.Chandan, I respect your cricket knowledge.I think you can play decent cricket.I have played cricket form 1976 till 1986 in competitive way and I am fortunate enough to mix with former greats. Now I am living in Singapore. The politics with in the team is not common in those days but never against the interest of the team India. I know Gavaskar Vs Kapil. WadekarVs Pataudi Bedi Vs Gavaskar Azhar Vs Sachin(Sidhu) but never been dirtier like now. Being a south Indian I should be happy with Dravid like Bengalis are happy with Ganguly. But the politics with in the team is so bad that players will do any thing to save their faces. This is the reason why our team is so low. I wonder whether this team can win against Bangladesh. Now Kapil is telling Gavakar to be the coach or a mentor. My comments may look baseless or stupid. But these facts will come out oneday,Somebody will write a book on this. Then every body will understand.

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! Err...anbuchelvan, I am a female. Secondly, I've seen the same team members play admirably since 2002 to 2004, winning in England, Australia, Pakistan and reaching WC final. So I will not believe that they'd be at each others throats just for regionalism. There can be difference of opinion but that'll never be there once they step on the field. This is all made up by media. True that our captain is not as authoriative as he should have been, true that Chappell's methods were a disaster for India, but how does that turn a player against another and that too on field?? This is simply rubbish! And I wonder how none of you are ready to even look at the inept board and what harm they are doing to our cricket! Read the original post of the thread and please give your opinion on that.

Err...anbuchelvan, I am a female. Secondly, I've seen the same team members play admirably since 2002 to 2004, winning in England, Australia, Pakistan and reaching WC final. So I will not believe that they'd be at each others throats just for regionalism. There can be difference of opinion but that'll never be there once they step on the field. This is all made up by media. True that our captain is not as authoriative as he should have been, true that Chappell's methods were a disaster for India, but how does that turn a player against another and that too on field?? This is simply rubbish! And I wonder how none of you are ready to even look at the inept board and what harm they are doing to our cricket! Read the original post of the thread and please give your opinion on that.
I am not writing anything about regionalism.Any way please wait and watch and I will not discuss on this subject any more.

There is generally no smoke without fire.
Then Rahul Dravid was Greg Chappell's puppet and chamcha and a yes man according to various news articles and sources.
And out on a mission to finish off SRT.
I read your above comment first and then went back a page to see this comment by you. You reckon your quoted comment is sensible??? :shrug:

And out on a mission to finish off SRT.
Dravid finishing off SRT. Yeah right! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: If he lets his bat do the squeaking no one can finish him off.

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! I've noticed one thing very strange here. That everyone is out with one's own agenda here and not even one post is there which has expressed the opinion on the OP! :shrug:

Don't tell me that all those ODI finals losses, humliation to the aussies in Nagpur, 4th quarter collapses in Bangalore and Karachi, losing to Bangladesh in the 1st round of WC 07 etc are all because of people questioning their integrity day in and out.
Nagpur was when the true decline of this team started. And it had everything to do with a traitor called Shashank Manohar and his clique, who have since been rewarded for their treachery by electing them en-masse into the BCCI.
What is so treacherous about preparing a true pitch. And please don't tell me you didn't find Mr Captain Ganguly's decision not to play few minutes before the match not treacherous.
Far be it for me to ever agree with FB, but there is something to be said about preparing a pitch to help the opposition. That was a dispicable act by the administration. Ofcourse what FB fails to realize is that it was also cowardice by SG to back out of the game on the day of the morning of the match! If he was trying to make a statement it was a poor way. I think SG should have been punished for cowardice. Shashank Manohar should be tried SHOT for Treason!
on both counts, i agree with chappan chhori... .............................. hey... what's this... we are ending on the same side far too often... ok... take this... RD is a wimp... GC is a scum... and you suck up to both... which makes you a .... :hic: cheers!
Ofcourse SG is a great hero and has awesome talent his talent includes 1) Running fast (away from any green wicket) 2) Being quick (to wine and dine with the politicians like Pawar instead of playing first class cricket) 3) Playing smart (with the minds of other players like Lakhan) 4) scoring (everywhere except on the cricket field... specially with Nagma)

Ofcourse SG is a great hero and has awesome talent his talent includes 1) Running fast (away from any green wicket) 2) Being quick (to wine and dine with the politicians like Pawar instead of playing first class cricket) 3) Playing smart (with the minds of other players like Lakhan) 4) scoring (everywhere except on the cricket field... specially with Nagma)
Rather I'm thinking of SG: 1. running fast in order not to be run outed by RD. 2. being quick to stand up to the likes of Waugh, as well as in the defense of his mates. 3. playing smart by bringing back Bhajji from becoming a Trucker surd in Canada to becoming an epic hero, promoting Lakshman up the order in the 2nd innings in Kolkata, and making Veeru open. 4. Scoring that 144 in Adelaide with the team tottering on the brink of collapse.

There is generally no smoke without fire.
Then Rahul Dravid was Greg Chappell's puppet and chamcha and a yes man according to various news articles and sources.
Must be from your own source because not even the worst of news channel has reported this...forget about the good ones..... (Sorry chandan...this is too tempting.... :hic: Read the OP-----agree.We all know Pawar is a joker :lol: )

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! I think people get little discouraged when they see such a long article...... And end it with some interesting comment of your own ....asmiley would help too :hic: I read the smaller articles fully but the big ones make me a bit dizzy......and sometimes a just give up and post my opinion. as for the enlightened ones on this forum...most are sensible....i guess they are just fed up of the team a bit. Waisay at the risk of going :offtopic: .......don't you get bored of writing only about cricket?I never see you on the other side..... Aditi rarely posts...you are the only other woman here.....some times these guys can be such bores..... :roll: (you don't have to respond if you are not the off topic kinds...)

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! Chandan, pls dont be discouraged. Please keep writing. Speaking for myself, am very busy this week. Hardly got any time to read threads. Havent even read Lurker's gem (Hall of Fame stuff on Kapil Dev) yet