Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!!

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!!

Waisay at the risk of going .......don't you get bored of writing only about cricket?I never see you on the other side..... Aditi rarely posts...you are the only other woman here.....some times these guys can be such bores..... (you don't have to respond if you are not the off topic kinds...)
Radhika, I came on this board thinking that it is for true Indian cricket fans and everyone will have the good of Indian cricket at heart. I love cricket and especially Indian cricket.

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!!

No my dear. Whenever a particular player failed even in one inning, the media used to turn on that players only do ads and don't do any hard work--as if it were the ill informed journalist who played be id 45 degrees of heat or 5 degree of chilling cold!! Obviously some BCCI officials were aiding them as "close sources" too. Have you started following cricket only recently?
a lot of stuff has been said abt media/coverage. i humbly beg to differ, in the sense that the informed fan can (and does) discern idiocy from informed reportage. i think the bigger problem is that the team doesnt trust itself as a TEAM... lots of factions, lots of second-guessing... and it has nothing to do with the even bigger issue of player contracts. its been a few decades since i last heard a jagdale type talking abt seniors dissing juniors. thats completely NOT ON, but thats what is going on. i mean if sreesanth could get called MC/BC by zaks during a real game cos he was ragged by aggy and zaks to bounce Dada at nets. jeez, think about it... stuff is not really as obvious as u think. thanks and pls keep posting, R

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! chandan, i dont have any "proof" but SCG has that clause in his endorsement which makes his "presence at the crease" more viable than doing a sangakkara in the WC07 finals. food for thought. and for all else, SP is one of the richest folks in IND, he doesnt need this extra money. so think abt whats his incentive????

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! Rahul the same BCCI cleared Saurav on this. So who was Sharad Pawar talking about? Thats what I'm asking. And I know that SP is one of the richest persons in India. Then why did he become BCCI chief?? Does he love cricket? No, as far as I know! Then what is his incentive?? Food for thought! And if you think seniors were always dissing the juniors: well didn't they reach WC final in 2003? Didn't they draw in Australia which no country has been able to in this decade? Didn't they win in Pakistan which no Indian teanm had done in history?? if you think that this attitude existed since ages, what was the media doing then? why was it busy in singing praise then and is busy in mud-slinging now?? Another food for thought! And read the OP, and please comment on whatever Mr Magazine is saying, especially in the wake that the same BCCI cleared Ganguly after checking his contracts!!

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! ^^ read what i wrote re: seniors dissing juniors (it's been a few decades, etc etc) which makes yr ref to the WC03 not merely ungermane, but superfluous. i cant react to yr query abt why the media didnt react to the "attitude problem existing for ages" since i precisely said it didnt exist. next, SP didnt talk about anyone, even going by the OP. SP loves cricket as much he loves sugarcane. nuff said. why he became BCCI chief, LOL, is something better left for a more meaningful thread. re: yr query abt Mr Magazine and the OP, its merely another POV/ill-informed reportage. tension mat le. rgds, R

Re: Enough of these baseless allegations on the players!! It is very irresponsible of BCCI head to go around throwing allegations left, right and center based on hearsay. The board should be blamed for bad selectorial policies, politics and lack of improving grass root cricket. The players are to blame for the results in the recent years and not board I agree. That is a separate issue though but to blame someone for deliberately causing a loss in a game is a serious allegation and I would have liked the BCCI chief to mention the names and not speak in riddles. Fortunately/Unfortunately Pawar stopped at just throwing the allegation and not naming the player. If Ganguly does react it may sound like he is guilty and if he doesn?t sure few fingers will point at him. The board head has no valid qualification to head BCCI and is an outright dud IMO. Unfortunately the likes of Ganguly, Tendulkar and the lot seem to get along with the likes of Pawar, Dalmiyas pretty well. Considering both the players and the board officials suck at this point in time, they seem to need each other to mask their short comings. I know for sure the line Ganguly tread just before his selection back into the team. Wasn't it a year ago Ganguly sent out emails supporting one of the Bengal cricket board candidates opposing Dalmiya? Unfortunately once the players get into politicking, they will get in this vicious circle and can't get out. A sophisticated man like Ganguly should have better known not get into dirty politics. I have at times no sympathy for both parties. They seem to need each other quite dearly and both seem to sprout all kinds of bull shit. Having known few players myself, I can confirm not everything is honky dory in the team always. There will always be fair bit of bitching and I have heard about it even when India was having a good time as a cricketing nation. As for this instance I?m surprised the players haven?t said a word of anguish or protest. So what there is a gag the players can surely ask the Board chief whom is he referring to? I have to be honest a lot of players are also not as straight forward as they appear on your telly. They have a lot to protect and no wonder you don?t hear from them anything about the bad functioning of the board or officials. The players know they need these officials if not now but in future so they won?t really challenge them. The one that should be asking questions about this statement is a player not a journo considering the seriousness of the allegation. It is tantamount to calling a player a match fixer. Weren?t Nayan Mongia and Prabhakar dropped for similar offence i.e for playing slow to reach a personal milestone rather than going for a win? I wouldn?t say this is no different allegation this time around playing for the agent and not for the country. Why would a player take this kind of swipe? I suspect there is a lot going on behind screen that us folks are not privy to.