When the best keeps getting better.......

If there is a person who was not filled by wonder at bearing witness to yesterday's innings' date=' then that person is poorer than I am today, for he/she will never be touched by the beauty that is the game of cricket.[/quote'] :rose::rose:
Better finishers :cantstop: Please show us instances of Ponting, Richards, Lara and Miandad remaining not out, finishing and winning games during a big (275+) chase. I know you're just a little troll and will probably not respond, so let me educate you. Here are the number of 275+ targets these guys 'finished' while still being there in the middle - Richards - 0 Miandad - 0 Lara - 1 Ponting - 1 :hysterical: I'll be kind to Miandad and Richards and reduce the chases to 250+ since they played in a different era. Here are their numbers - Miandad - 2 Richards - 1 OMG, how right you were! There are literally tons of instances of these guys being not out and winning the game during big chases. NOT. YOU :fail:
Gambit 10000 Trolls 0 How many times? :haha::haha:

That was an awesome piece Shwetabh, immensely enjoyed it - Thanks. I was particularly stuck by this excerpt;

His numbers would still stand up against the best, but since when was sports played by numbers. It's played in a cauldron where a split second means the difference between failure and success and where the tangible difficulties and pressure would be white papered out when the numbers and words are typed on paper.
This is an aspect of sport fans hardly give credence. They expect our stars to go out there and deliver every single time, failing to understand that the difference between a match-winning boundary hit and a skied catch is probably millimeter difference in terms of the impact of the bat with ball. Once again, great piece!

Thanks for the response, gaize. For those still hung up on Tendulkar not having "finished" the job - in the entire history of 50 over ODI cricket, no opener has ever been able to carry the bat through in a successful run chase of 275+. The closest and only instance of an opener carrying the bat through in a 275+ run chase was in a 55 over match where Bill Athey made 142* : http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64985.html And Tendulkar is being criticized for not carrying the bat through when the chase was 350 runs.:wall:

^^ If we pull up the stats, you will be surprised. We know you are troll, and letting you survive to enjoy some more heat Why do u Pakis always fail to cover up
this post is about sachin vs lara vs ponting in terms of making hundred and losing i read dat u guys want stat or facts or proof right.... so i got proof here PONTING: MATCHES 329... HUNDRED 4 lARA:MATCHES 299..... HUNDRED 3 SACHIN: MATCHES 434.... HUNDRED 12 dammmm u asked for proof so i m jus giving u dat so:giggle: :dance:
this post is about sachin vs lara vs ponting in terms of making hundred and losing i read dat u guys want stat or facts or proof right.... so i got proof here PONTING: MATCHES 329... HUNDRED 4 lARA:MATCHES 299..... HUNDRED 3 SACHIN: MATCHES 434.... HUNDRED 12 dammmm u asked for proof so i m jus giving u dat so:giggle: :dance:
It also means that when their team needed them in tough matches they were not able to rise to the occassion as much as Tendulkar. Can you prove otherwise with facts and figures. Let us say performance in all 275+ chases. :giggle: PS: I am not even going to talk about the difference in number of games played and centuries which obvious for any moron (yes, even you) to see.
Tendulkar's 32 centuries counted in India winning the match. Not bad I'd say.:tounge_smile: The other 12 could be a result of a poor middle-lower order perhaps.