A Commentator's Curse

kooljatt

Sometimes commentators go that extra mile to suggest that they know everything and start suggesting to bowlers and Batsmento this-that while on air. But, it sometimes bites them back jst the next second and make them look idiots while on air. In Ahmedabad test,on the 4th day, when dravid played a late cut to ?( i think it was herath) Bruce Yardley started screaming : WHAT A GREAT SHOT !!! WHAT A GREAT SHOT !!! WHAT A GREAT SHOT !!! but next second he realised there was a fielder to cover it, and after a liitle pause with sigh he concluded, "...........for one " . And i was like |WTF :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. I remember another incident from an odi between ENG & SL, when botham was on air and was moaning about having a sweeper on offside for Jayasuria. He was moaning that he dont realise why the hell that fielder is situated there....and wat happened next was a very embarrsing moment for botham. Harmisson bowled wide at the off stump and it flew straight to that fielder.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Nasier Hussein was yelling , "Well Done mr. botham. " You guys remember any such incidents ? Discuss.

Ind vs SL (07 I think) Suriya bowling to Ganguly. Ranjit Fernando says something about how Suriya bowls flat and that doesn't allow the come down the track and get under it. Next ball Ganguly is down the track and sends the ball into the stands Natwest Series Final 02 Bhaji comes out to bat ahead of Zak and Michael Holding says Zak should have come out ahead of Bhaji because he's the one who is capable of hitting a long ball. Next ball Bhaji swings it over deep square leg for 6

Sometimes commentators go that extra mile to suggest that they know everything and start suggesting to bowlers and Batsmento this-that while on air. But, it sometimes bites them back jst the next second and make them look idiots while on air. In Ahmedabad test,on the 4th day, when dravid played a late cut to ?( i think it was herath) Bruce Yardley started screaming : WHAT A GREAT SHOT !!! WHAT A GREAT SHOT !!! WHAT A GREAT SHOT !!! but next second he realised there was a fielder to cover it, and after a liitle pause with sigh he concluded, "...........for one " . And i was like |WTF :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:. I remember another incident from an odi between ENG & SL, when botham was on air and was moaning about having a sweeper on offside for Jayasuria. He was moaning that he dont realise why the hell that fielder is situated there....and wat happened next was a very embarrsing moment for botham. Kabir ali bowled wide at the off stump and it flew straight to that fielder.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Nasier Hussein was yelling , "that the reason why that fielder is there mr. botham. " You guys remember any such incidents ? Discuss.
yeah i remember. :smiley:
Ind vs SL (07 I think) Suriya bowling to Ganguly. Ranjit Fernando says something about how Suriya bowls flat and that doesn't allow the come down the track and get under it. Next ball Ganguly is down the track and sends the ball into the stands Natwest Series Final 02 Bhaji comes out to bat ahead of Zak and Michael Holding says Zak should have come out ahead of Bhaji because he's the one who is capable of hitting a long ball. Next ball Bhaji swings it over deep square leg for 6
Is this the one::two_thumbs_up: 2u4UBjntIEA&feature=PlayList&p=5267B9B974E1F012&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9 A commentator was never pwned like this before.:giggle:

Just switched on the tv. Tendulkar is batting against Lanka and Sidhu says that Tendulkar has totally cut down on lofted shots and he would rather play shots like the pedal sweep than a lofted shot. The very next moment Sachin dances down the pitch and lofts CHandana for a huge six.:giggle:

Just switched on the tv. Tendulkar is batting against Lanka and Sidhu says that Tendulkar has totally cut down on lofted shots and he would rather play shots like the pedal sweep than a lofted shot. The very next moment Sachin dances down the pitch and lofts CHandana for a huge six.:giggle:
There was an instance in the T20 WC 2007 in the game vs England. Gavaskar said something about Gambhir not playing the inside out (over cover) shot and then next ball that is exactly what he did lol