Thank You Thread

Jersey #10

I am not sure if it was a 10 year process. This die hard attitude picked up only after Dhoni took over. My single most pick is Gambhir http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;innings_number=3;innings_number=4;orderby=batting_average;spanmax1=06+Dec+2009;spanmin1=06+Dec+2006;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround Look at Gambhir's 2nd innings average in the last 3 years. He is 20 points more than the nearest rival. Amazing guy we have to play under pressure. 4 centuries he is the top in the first innings average also http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;innings_number=1;innings_number=2;orderby=batting_average;spanmax1=06+Dec+2009;spanmin1=06+Dec+2006;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround
lol how old ru 12?? that's the problem with some of you kids, ok let me prove this india's test ranking in june 2003 at 6th as below- 10ibep2.jpg the same indian team after superlative performances away from home in aus and pak under ganguly becomes the no.2 team in only 15 months in dec 2005 as below- s2ee13.jpg good indication of ganguly's amazing role in making india from an average team to a top side, dhoni has helped continue that.

definitely Ganguly, before him the indian cricket team was an alias for the karnataka ranji team, he got rid of a few non performers and got in zaheer, yuvi, sehwag and supported them. now these three are kinda the pillars of the indian cricket team.

the same indian team after superlative performances away from home in aus and pak under ganguly becomes the no.2 team in only 15 months in dec 2005 as below-
Hold on to your horses. India did go below after that. I know every single year of Ganguly. India's ranking was wildly fluctuating because we also managed to lose Tests which we could not afford to do. Only after Dhoni took over India stopped losing matches. By the way Ganguly reign was over by 2004/05 when we drew with Pakistan in India. He captained just one more series which was in Zimabwe. We lost to Australia at home as well. Rahul Dravid was the one who took over after that.But Sadly even there India was inconsistent. We lost in Pakistan. We drew a series with pathetic England. We lost in South Africa. 2006 december we were 4th ranked 2007 december we were 4th ranked 2008 decemeber we became 2nd 2009 decemeber we are no.1 Because we have 4 Test series in a row (OZ, England, NZ, SL) something no captain was able to achieve even when we played Bangladesh. Last time India won 4 series in a row in their history was in 1993. That was 1 test series with zimbabwe Then couple of test series with then minnow Srilanka One Test series with NZ. This is the best Test series win sequence India ever had in their history.