Greatest international football game you watched live

Gambit

And by live, I mean TV or in person. For me two standout, funnily both from the same tournament. First one was the England v France game from the 2004 Euro Cup. I was in England then and the game was scheduled to start at 6 in the evening. I came home from Nottingham, where I watched the 4th day of England v NZ test - link, around 7. I went straight to the nearest pub expectedly full of drunk and screaming English fans. They were going bonkers given England were 1-0 up. Now I am a strange character. When I'm with in place where the overwhelming majority is supporting one side, I automatically support the other side hoping they win so that I can get cheap laughs looking at the downcast :mama: faces of majority(this doesn't apply to India games). Normally I support the England team but given this quirk in my character, I was praying(silently in my head coz I didn't want to get gutted like a fish) for a French win. 90th minute. I was about to gulp my drink down and get out before the start of the Engerland songs when France gets a freekick. Zizou the legend scores, my heart does a little jig and everyone else in the pub goes @#$@. Still 1-1, not a bad result for us, think the English fans. 93rd minute, injury time. OMG! France get a penalty. All but except one in the pub **** their pants. Zizou the legend delivers and I, in a moment of complete insanity, jump in the air and pump my fist yelling - 'Yes, C'mon!'. Because I jumped in the air, I sort of pivoted as well and saw staring at me hundreds of murderous eyes. It was my turn to **** my pants. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. IIRC I didn't even pay for the last drink. Lucky to make it out alive :D Will write about the second one later.