Terror alert after suicide bombers enter India

zubinpepsi

Terror alert after suicide bombers enter India NEW DELHI: Kolkata, Mumbai and the national capital, besides Gujarat, have been put on high alert following intelligence inputs that Taliban-trained terrorists have sneaked into these cities to target vital installations. A top Union Home Ministry official today said that Taliban-trained 'fidayeen' (suicide squad) have entered the country to carry out attacks at "specific" installations, including Bhaba Atomic Research Centre, defence establishments among others. Bombay Stock Exchange, RSS headquarters are also among the likely targets of the "Pashtoon-looking" terrorists, the official said adding that instructions have been issued to lay a tighten security net around these installations. He said the police forces have been put on high alert following the inputs and efforts are on to nab the terrorists at the earliest. --------------------- :nervous:

How did they know that they are in the country?
Can be anything from human intelligence(putting an informer in the terrorist outfit) to interception of calls/emails/exchanges made.
When the attacks happen they'll say - see we gave the warnings and made them public too.
In most cases they do have prior information just not exact time and place. Not surprising since only a handful of top brass really knows about the exact location of the terrorist activity. In case of Mumbai massacre last year the Intelligence had mentioned some of the places that were eventually hit as also the modus operandi (folks infiltrating from water and attacking via automatic weapons).

In most cases they do have prior information just not exact time and place. Not surprising since only a handful of top brass really knows about the exact location of the terrorist activity. In case of Mumbai massacre last year the Intelligence had mentioned some of the places that were eventually hit as also the modus operandi (folks infiltrating from water and attacking via automatic weapons).
And how spectacularly the Mumbai police was unprepared. But anyway, my point is that the RAW/IB people may not be confident that a next attack can be prevented by the police authorities, so to preemptively deflect blame they are leaking these warnings. Otherwise there is hardly any reason for such matters (Afghans infiltrating into India) to be leaked to the media, as it will only lead to panic. Or have we come to the stage that it is every citizen for him/herself? On a more optimistic note - may be such leaks are done to pressure the terrorists so that they expose themselves. What riles me up is the monumental impotence of India. We now know via Headley that serving and retired pakistani army officers were directly involved in the Mumbai attacks. That should be enough to issue an ultimatum to pakistan to prosecute them.

And how spectacularly the Mumbai police was unprepared. But anyway' date=' [b']my point is that the RAW/IB people may not be confident that a next attack can be prevented by the police authorities, so to preemptively deflect blame they are leaking these warnings.
Arent you being harsh on RAW/IB? I mean the OP is talking about a Union Home Ministery officer making these leaks and not anyone from RAW/IB really.
What riles me up is the monumental impotence of India. We now know via Headley that serving and retired pakistani army officers were directly involved in the Mumbai attacks. That should be enough to issue an ultimatum to pakistan to prosecute them.
Monumental impotence is correct but your follow up not so much. Mumbai attacks did so how unprepared we were, and that too in our Commercial capital. From weapons without ammunition to faulty bullet proof vests to 36 hour time lag for the commandoes to arrive, it was one collosus failure. However Headley saga is still being investigated. The man has been charged both in India and United States and I personally think it is the start of a more deeper investigation. Really no need to get antsy on Pakistan, afterall what really is new here? It is accepted universally Mumbai terrorism plot was hatched 100% in Pakistan. xxx

but the problem is when Jihadis enter the country...obviously they stay over somewhere, get replenished... why are local police so hesitant in finding these local traitors? you find the traitors...you find the jihadis...simple as that.