Yet another game

Zelig

Is this the (in)famous Hansie test? the dead rubber where both the teams didnt play their first innings and finally England won?
:hatsoff:The 'leather jacket test' as it is famously called. Look at those n00bs laughing "oh, we won!" unaware of things behind the scenes:phehehe:
Well' date=' the win was still deserved and earned. Cronje only fixed the part regarding a result in the match, not which way the result would be.[/quote'] But, I read somewhere that Cronje would have agreed to any total Hussain had put forth. Initially, Cronje suggested something around 270 but Hussain hesitated so Cronje settled for much lesser one. Years later, Atherton wrote that one of the English bastmen were struggling against Polly or some other bowler(don't remember) but Cronje brought in a non-regular un to keep the match in the fray, as he feared it would be heading towards the draw. These don't suggest the Poms deserved a win after all. *brb, digging the source

Source

"I told the umpire I needed to go to the loo and I nipped round the back of the pavilion to meet Hansie," he says. "I thought he would want us to chase 300 so I opened up with 260 and I was taken aback by how easy he was about it. I took Phil Tufnell in with me and he said afterwards: 'He'd have agreed to anything you asked for Nass.'
^ Yeah' date=' I was aware about that bit, but I think 260 was a fair enough chase. But I did not know about Cronje deliberately bowling some other bowler thinking England might go for a draw. That does change things, admittedly.[/quote'] I was trying to dig Artherton's take on that match for the past 15mins but all in vain :(.
^ Bradman's duck?
:hatsoff: One Q to Prof and other members of the "elite" panel... Someone on this forum wrote Brady always played for records. If that was the case then why didn't he play one more test to have another crack at that magical number - 100?:hmmm:
:hatsoff: One Q to Prof and other members of the "elite" panel... Someone on this forum wrote Brady always played for records. If that was the case then why didn't he play one more test to have another crack at that magical number - 100?:hmmm:
Because he didn't know I know the bowler never knew, because I remember seeing his interview once and he said, if he knew Bradman needed 7 (I think) to average 100, he would have given him 2 full tosses on leg stump
Because he didn't know I know the bowler never knew, because I remember seeing his interview once and he said, if he knew Bradman needed 7 (I think) to average 100, he would have given him 2 full tosses on leg stump
Oh, that's interesting. I never knew this. Thanks:hatsoff: PS: Four runs not seven