Kasab says he was framed

Sachinism

Sure if you want to put it that way. They did demand freeing their fellow scumbags (who were enjoying their "right to fair trail")' date=' didn't they ?[/quote'] What is the logic behind your argument? I ask because I can't see any. So in case there's a terrorist hijacking where prisoners might have to be freed as ransom we should just execute them so the terrorists have got nothing to bargain for? So should I accuse you of murder and then demand your execution? What's that? You want the right to due process and the chance to have your innocence or guilt proved in a fair manner? How is the above so damned difficult to understand?

Sure if you want to put it that way. They did demand freeing their fellow scumbags (who were enjoying their "right to fair trail")' date=' didn't they ?[/quote'] Where do you draw the line? What prevents you being convicted and thrown in jail without a fair trial in the future?
But when you have all the evidences of the man killing 10s of people' date=' why in the blue **** do you need any further "evidences" to get to a conclusion. As a tax payer, I would demand my government to not spend a single ****ing penny on these mother****ers.[/quote'] The evidence should be able to stand up in court - that's the premise of our judicial system and neglecting it will simply lead to a police state. We won't be much different from those terrorists once we start treading on that path.

This is pretty much like the right wing hoopla being generated about the 9/11 accused facing trial in Manhattan. All sorts of crazy rubbish is being bandied about. My assertion is simple - if your judiciary system is so weak that you are not confident about convicting and sentencing terrorists' date=' then the solution is to rectify the system, not random executions.[/quote'] I would not mind fair trial but that has to based on a swift trial and not a mockery of our country where a terrorist is allowed to have a trial for 40 years till he is old enough and dies of natural death.. take some of the high profile cases in the past like the Sikh riots, Babri riots, Parliament attack etc. in the past. .. .it has been decades and nothing is happen nor is expected to happen .. you are right that the judiciary system should be changed so that there is a swift yet a fair trial.. but who will bell the cat and change the judiciary system .. we all know the politicians dont wish to change the judicial system as it is benefiting them and there is no other way the constitution has allowed change in the judiciary system .. so terrorists, culprits, mass murderers and criminals just make a mockery of the judicial system and enjoy a 30 year stay in jail as a high-profile criminal and then die or are released due to lack of evidences.. I agree the best option to change the judiciary system but dont see that happening anytime soon

But when you have all the evidences of the man killing 10s of people' date=' why in the blue **** do you need any further "evidences" to get to a conclusion. As a tax payer, I would demand my government to not spend a single ****ing penny on these mother****ers.[/quote'] Anyone with a legal background can correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're alluding to I believe is a prima facie case. That is in effect a case that warrants further investigation. In order for a terrorist to be sentenced under English law (from which Indian law is derived) his/her guilt has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Therefore he/she has a right to a trial. Remove this right and pretty much the whole legal system will collapse and as Outsider has said we will end up with a Police State.
I would not mind fair trial but that has to based on a swift trial and not a mockery of our country where a terrorist is allowed to have a trial for 40 years till he is old enough and dies of natural death.. take some of the high profile cases in the past like the Sikh riots, Babri riots, Parliament attack etc. in the past. .. .it has been decades and nothing is happen nor is expected to happen .. you are right that the judiciary system should be changed so that there is a swift yet a fair trial.. but who will bell the cat and change the judiciary system .. we all know the politicians dont wish to change the judicial system as it is benefiting them and there is no other way the constitution has allowed change in the judiciary system .. so terrorists, culprits, mass murderers and criminals just make a mockery of the judicial system and enjoy a 30 year stay in jail as a high-profile criminal and then die or are released due to lack of evidences.. I agree the best option to change the judiciary system but dont see that happening anytime soon
This is because the legal system is glacially slow not because the right to a trial is impeding sentencing.

Under such jurisdiction system, criminals should find a safe haven in jail despite committing thousands of crime because they know they deserve fair trail just like a pick-pocketer, as we believe in equal human rights. Why wouldn't one take up to terrorists when they are cash-strapped ? Because they are assured of money to their family members and a nice two meal in jail (amidst their fair trail procedure) + some media attention. I mean a poor chap cannot ask more than this, can he ?

I would not mind fair trial but that has to based on a swift trial and not a mockery of our country where a terrorist is allowed to have a trial for 40 years till he is old enough and dies of natural death.. take some of the high profile cases in the past like the Sikh riots, Babri riots, Parliament attack etc. in the past. .. .it has been decades and nothing is happen nor is expected to happen .. you are right that the judiciary system should be changed so that there is a swift yet a fair trial.. but who will bell the cat and change the judiciary system .. we all know the politicians dont wish to change the judicial system as it is benefiting them and there is no other way the constitution has allowed change in the judiciary system .. so terrorists, culprits, mass murderers and criminals just make a mockery of the judicial system and enjoy a 30 year stay in jail as a high-profile criminal and then die or are released due to lack of evidences.. I agree the best option to change the judiciary system but dont see that happening anytime soon
^ These things are not so simple. Everyone wants a swift trial in such high profile cases and it's pretty safe to assume that the delay is not a result of a slack judiciary as is the case with millions of cases in India. Even in the US, the trial for the 9/11 suspects has not even begun in Manhattan yet and it's been more than 8 years since the attack.

My main objection is that the trial is some sort of drama. I'd rather that they put a gag order on the prosecutors, the defense lawyer and everyone else involved in the trial. Get it done, pass the verdict, make the written transcripts public record and move on. The terrorist is getting too much attention, and that is exactly what he and his ilk want.

Under such jurisdiction system' date=' criminals should find a safe haven in jail despite committing thousands of crime because they know they [b']deserve fair trail just like a pick-pocketer, as we believe in equal human rights. Why wouldn't one take up to terrorists when they are cash-strapped ? Because they are assured of money to their family members and a nice two meal in jail (amidst their fair trail procedure) + some media attention. I mean a poor chap cannot ask more than this, can he ?
And now your argument switches to an economic one. Your argument is all over the place and you're changing it to cover the fact that your previous argument has been discredited.

This has been a swift trial by indian standards If anyone has been following the case that is . The chargesheet was filed around january /feb .The actual case started around april/ may with defence lawyers being juggled around .Since then more than 250 witnesses probably more have been examined .The prosecution closed their case yesterday . And kasav was asked to give his version All this in less than 8 months and as lurker said judgement is to be expected in two months. If only the other terror cases were conducted in this manner..

My main objection is that the trial is some sort of drama. I'd rather that they put a gag order on the prosecutors, the defense lawyer and everyone else involved in the trial. Get it done, pass the verdict, make the written transcripts public record and move on. The terrorist is getting too much attention, and that is exactly what he and his ilk want.
I wouldnt look it that way. Whats getting attention is the Judicial process in a civil society which gave a very fair chance to a culprit which could have been easily hanged otherwise. This has not been the fastest judicial process but it has not been slowest either. Prosecutors have wrapped their case in 7 months or so, and Qasab is making his statement. The results should be out soon. The fascinating thing of course is a young man is brainwashed to kill people in the name of religion, only to be disowned by his own countrymen and jihadist and then claims(amongst other things) that he came to work in movies.

This has been a swift trial by indian standards If anyone has been following the case that is . The chargesheet was filed around january /feb .The actual case started around april/ may with defence lawyers being juggled around .Since then more than 250 witnesses probably more have been examined .The prosecution closed their case yesterday . And kasav was asked to give his version All this in less than 8 months. If only the other terror cases were conducted in this manner..
Oh thats what I thought. Thank you Suma.

This has been a swift trial by indian standards If anyone has been following the case that is . The chargesheet was filed around january /feb .The actual case started around april/ may with defence lawyers being juggled around .Since then more than 250 witnesses probably more have been examined .The prosecution closed their case yesterday . And kasav was asked to give his version All this in less than 8 months. If only the other terror cases were conducted in this manner..
but in other cases only Indians have died...not Americans or Israelis....that little added pressure plus all the international media attention this case received. Apparently Indian lives have less value than jihadis who gets the right to "fair trial" when everyone across the globe witnessed the murder of 200 women, men and children like goats in slaughterhouse on Live tv. Remember Shivraj Patil's reaction when other bombings were happening all around the country? Govt was unmoved and terrorists were openly welcomed to cross over and kill more till 26/11.

Kasab has made a mockery of the Indian judicial system. Isnt 100s of witnesses and being publicly caught on CCTV murdering people at CST good enough evidence to prove beyond doubt that he has committed the crime, rather waged a war on India?!? Isnt that sufficient to sentence him?? Understand that right to a fair trial is a basic human right, but common sense shouldnt take a back seat!! What about the human rights of common people butchered in cold blood?!?!