Pakistan or Australia ..can't decide who I want to lose more.

patriot

If you look at it without your racist Indian glasses on' date= you'll see that of those 11 victories and possibly this 12th one, not all of them are actually because Australia played better cricket. SOme of them were because of absolute howlers (Langer in 99 vs Akram), some of them because of inept captaincy from Pakistan and some of them because Pakistan can't catch. It's one thing to lose, it's another to gift the opposition victory and Pakistan have done it a lot lately. After the '03 world cup Pakistan had a major re-haul and they got their acts together and started to play decent cricket. It's time for Pakistan to do the same now, I think a complete re-haul is required.
But the fact remains 11-0 or possibly 12-0 in favor of Australia ! re haul. If and when that happens, Pak fans will say "its a team in transition" and by the time transition finishes, in comes re haul again! That's Pak cricket. Your team sucks !

If I was a paki I would just hang my head in shame rather just justify this gross ineptitude, or even better -- be a sport -- and walk away thinking to myself -- "so what this is just a sport -- and we are just not good enough". But the last thing I would do is give asinine reasons to defend -- like Umpiring Howlers and crap. Quite frankly Pakis should be the last people on earth speaking about Howlers -- Do these guys even wonder -- how many of the tests they could have won at home -- if the umpires were fair and square? It might be a strange coincidence that since the advent of Technology, TV Replays, Neutral Umpires --- Pakistan cricket is in a tail spin -- with no end in sight. May be now the bowlers are afraid to carry those soda caps in their pockets to scuff the ball which they probably used to do quite regularly. We will never know. OK even if they did win the Hobart Test -- in 99 -- what would the scoreline be -- 10 - 1 -- instead of 11 - 0 -- wow! -- must be some record to be proud of.

If I was a paki I would just hang my head in shame rather just justify this gross ineptitude, or even better -- be a sport -- and walk away thinking to myself -- "so what this is just a sport -- and we are just not good enough". But the last thing I would do is give asinine reasons to defend -- like Umpiring Howlers and crap. Quite frankly Pakis should be the last people on earth speaking about Howlers -- Do these guys even wonder -- how many of the tests they could have won at home -- if the umpires were fair and square? It might be a strange coincidence that since the advent of Technology, TV Replays, Neutral Umpires --- Pakistan cricket is in a tail spin -- with no end in sight. May be now the bowlers are afraid to carry those soda caps in their pockets to scuff the ball which they probably used to do quite regularly. We will never know. OK even if they did win the Hobart Test -- in 99 -- what would the scoreline be -- 10 - 1 -- instead of 11 - 0 -- wow! -- must be some record to be proud of.
Top Post :hatsoff:
If you look at it without your racist Indian glasses on, you'll see that of those 11 victories and possibly this 12th one, not all of them are actually because Australia played better cricket. SOme of them were because of absolute howlers (Langer in 99 vs Akram), some of them because of inept captaincy from Pakistan and some of them because Pakistan can't catch. It's one thing to lose, it's another to gift the opposition victory and Pakistan have done it a lot lately. After the '03 world cup Pakistan had a major re-haul and they got their acts together and started to play decent cricket. It's time for Pakistan to do the same now, I think a complete re-haul is required.
Well done Sir, you have covered almost every possible reason why a team can lose a match. If you're going to mount a defence of your team, at least ensure it makes some sense. The fact of the matter is, you can lose the odd match here due to extraneous reasons, but 11 (mostly 12) in a row points to nothing but mediocrity.
Boy, no wonder you guys are in the abyss. Denial Denial Denial. You simply refuse to accept that you are pathetically mediocre. How about I use your own logic and say - Pakistan did not win a single test against India in the last 20 years because they played better cricket. They won because of absolute howlers and inept Indian batting, bowling and fielding. let's see. 1987 Bangalore - India would have won had it not been for inept first innings batting. 1999 Chennai - India would have won had it not been for Mongia selling the country and Ganguly's shocking umpiring decision. 1999 Calcutta - India would have won had it not let Pak off the hook at 26/6 and had Azhar not dropped Anwar on 2. 2004 Lahore - We would have won had it not been for the top order playing loose strokes on the first morning and decision after decision going against us. Wright lodged a formal complaint. 2006 Karachi - We would have won had we bowled better after having you 39/6. Come to think of it, only silly cricket from India led to wins for Pak. You didn't deserve any of those wins. In contrast, we pummeled you twice by an innings, 6 wickets, 180+ runs etc. We won tests there with n00bish Agarkar, Pathan, RP and Ishant but your legends Wasim, Waqar and Actor came back with their asses black and blue. The reality is, whichever way you look at is Australia have done you 12 days from Sunday. In contrast, we've matched them run for run and wicket for wicket. We are their bete noire and you guys are their betas.
Devastating.
If you look at it without your racist Indian glasses on' date=' you'll see that of those 11 victories and possibly this 12th one, not all of them are actually because Australia played better cricket. SOme of them were because of absolute howlers (Langer in 99 vs Akram), some of them because of[b'] inept captaincy from Pakistan and some of them because Pakistan can't catch. It's one thing to lose, it's another to gift the opposition victory and Pakistan have done it a lot lately. After the '03 world cup Pakistan had a major re-haul and they got their acts together and started to play decent cricket. It's time for Pakistan to do the same now, I think a complete re-haul is required.
Last checked, that IS a part of cricket game. If OZ caught more catches than your team, they DID play better cricket. Is it that hard to understand ? And since 03' world cup, how did your team perform against OZ, and how many overseas series victories did it achieve ? So much for your complete overhaul .

king2be98 is just a kid. Read this from cricket's resident Pakistani doctor and blogger: http://blogs.cricinfo.com/pakspin/archives/2010/01/a_captaincy_to_forget_1.php Makes out that pakistan would have cantered home had it not been for Yousuf's captaincy. A captain is only as good as his team, but not in these guys' books. Just read this. It's as if the Pak attack is the second coming of the late 70s West Indies. Asif averages 25 in this series, Aamer 40, Gul 44 and Danish 45, and look at how the guy is indulging in hyperbole.

Yousuf is blessed with an outstanding pace attack at his command. Unfortunately, Pakistan's tactics have rendered the attack impotent at times. It isn't just ex-Pakistani captains who are maddened by Yousuf's captaincy. Some of the greatest Australian minds, Richie Benaud, Mark Taylor, and Shane Warne, have been exasperated by Pakistan's tactics. They want Australia to succeed but they want to see a contest. They are excited by Pakistan's bowlers, described as the best seam attack to visit Australian shores for many years, but have witnessed natural resources squandered by Yousuf's gutless instincts.
Best seam attack? Steyn, Morkel and co wrecked Australia in their backyards just 12 months ago. Unbelievably bad writing, really. He goes on, implying that had Younis been captain, all would have been rosy in the Pakistani garden:
Selection of the captain is the most important decision and the PCB has horribly mismanaged this situation. Instead of backing Younis Khan, the PCB bowed to player power and aided the marginalisation of Pakistan's most likely captain.
I have seen many people in denial, but this one takes the cake. Speechless, really.

After this white wash, I look forward the ineviteable Pakistan Circus even before the team finishes this test. Every other Pak Politician, sports figures, ex PCB members, Taliban leader, hell they'll all be claiming and shouting allegations of match fixing!! Followed up by the PCB, Younis, and other players offering their resignations in disgust at these accusations. All while Moyo strokes his beard and smiles stupidly at the cameras. Queue the Shoaib Akhtar TV ads where he's talking about the best anti genital warts creams and medicines.

Javed Miandad on Pakistans Abysmal Show

I recall a 2004 conversation with their former champion batsman Javed Miandad. He believed Pakistan struggled to win overseas because for too long they had relied on help at home to win. Help in the form of favourable pitches and hometown umpiring, and when this wasn't forthcoming they had little to fall back on.
Thats what Ian Chappell said. Something I have said just 2 days ago. I think Javed is a little embarassed in admitting Soda Cap usage.

i know this topic has been so beaten to death -- it is not even funny anymore. But the point i am trying to make here is an idiot like Javed admitting how their home umpires favored the results and skewed it Pakistans way. Make no mistake I think all countries (except probably for England) had their umpires making mistakes -- which mostly went the home teams way. But the 3 countries where it was over done and over done -- excessively was 1) Pakistan 2) SL 3) NZ closely followed by WI in the 4th position then I guess you had India and Australia. which probably is a big reason -- why the 3 I mentioned cant seem to find their way out -- once the equation changed. SL is winning some -- but the other 2 -- jesus -- god bless them.