IPL 2010 - News, Views and Opinion thread.

Dirty_South

None of the "superstars" are going to buy the team. Sahara, Anil Ambani, Tata (maybe ?) and other big names will bite them and take over.

Very cheap deal considering movies with prominent stars manage to rake in 50 crores on average for their films. Cricket is a big thing in India and I am sure public will hit the theaters to watch their heroes on giant screen and to make the hulla gulla in the theater.

Very cheap deal considering movies with prominent stars manage to rake in 50 crores on average for their films. Cricket is a big thing in India and I am sure public will hit the theaters to watch their heroes on giant screen and to make the hulla gulla in the theater.
I agree, it's a very cheap deal. May be because it's because the last time it was attempted, it failed. But that had more to do with the duration of the games. Now with T20, they may get some good crowd for the matches. Alongside the tickets, they can sell a lot of refreshments, cricket related merchandise and other things. Hope they will give wifi connections.

When Sony paid $1.1 billion for the 1st season,people called it a cheap deal, then they had to shell out another .62$ billion more to make sure they hold the rights. ESS paid something around the region of 4000crs for CL(10 years)...again it was not that big a deal considering the magnitude of teams involved. But Modi always makes sure there is a clause which allows the governing body to revisit these deals. So I won't be surprised if ESD has to pay double the amount next season to keep the rights with them.

I agree, it's a very cheap deal. May be because it's because the last time it was attempted, it failed. But that had more to do with the duration of the games. Now with T20, they may get some good crowd for the matches. Alongside the tickets, they can sell a lot of refreshments, cricket related merchandise and other things. Hope they will give wifi connections.
the problem is this model has never really worked -- what has worked is for people to open the stadiums and broadcast live. I recall WC 1999 watching some games in Jaipur ... it didnt work. You cant replicate the environment in closed quarters. But lets see -- perhaps there is demand for this?

the problem is this model has never really worked -- what has worked is for people to open the stadiums and broadcast live. I recall WC 1999 watching some games in Jaipur ... it didnt work. You cant replicate the environment in closed quarters. But lets see -- perhaps there is demand for this?
I think it's for those who watch it on tv. It's an opportunity for them to watch it on the big screen along with people around you cheering for your team. But with IPL there would be different supporters in one theater and there could be fights. There will be fights.

I think it's for those who watch it on tv. It's an opportunity for them to watch it on the big screen along with people around you cheering for your team. But with IPL there would be different supporters in one theater and there could be fights. There will be fights.
:woot:

Oh man that will be so great. I remember watching Lagaan in theater and the halla that was made during the match :cantstop: Also saw the T20 final IndvPak on a projector in our colonies local ground where everybody came...it was crazy when the game ended.