Viru, Ishant, Bhajji and Dhoni launch new websites

ViruRulez

Saw it in the news a couple of days back but thought of posting it as I am not sure if you guys know about it. Dhoni already has an official website and this seems to be his second. The four websites they launched are: dhoniworld.com viruworld.com ishantworld.com bhajjworld.com They made a press conference and launched the four websites just a couple of days back.

wtf has ishant done to have his own website. what a ***
Bhai a website does not mean anything important .. in this cyber age almost everybody has got personal websites .. I have 50-100 websites myself and I have also not done anything to own it but made it for one reason or the other .. it is simply a website thats it ... they are popular personalities and so media etc. are present whereas they wont be there when we create our own websites :P
What are these websites supposed to be for? Are they trying to reinvent themselves as a brand, create equity in that brand ala Tiger Woods? Just curious.
yes it is somewhat of a brand building and then somewhat promotion too for their advertisers .. it also helps them to connect with fans and showcase their achievements etc.

Brand equity is built on visibility and adulation and the translation of that visibility into marketability. Im not sure Ishant or Viru are suave enough to be their own brand. Dhoni though is different, i think he makes a great brand, "a swashbuckling maverick who gets the maidens". I can imagine, you have CE, XE XLE and you have the acme XLE Dhoni class!

Brand equity is built on visibility and adulation and the translation of that visibility into marketability. Im not sure Ishant or Viru are suave enough to be their own brand. Dhoni though is different, i think he makes a great brand, "a swashbuckling maverick who gets the maidens". I can imagine, you have CE, XE XLE and you have the acme XLE Dhoni class!
Dhoni already has his own site at dhoni.org and it is much better than this pathetic set of sites