What?? Nagpur again???

The manner in which some South Indians keep playing the victim card on every issue ranging from selection to venues is both pathetic and hilarious.
FYI... I'm not playing any victim card here.. I'm only talking about if there really is a rotation policy why is it not functioning correctly.. you and your stupid logic... I never complain when Rohit Sharma was picked for the tri series ahead of Vijay or Badri.. I never got myself into any south vs north debate.. I'm just pointing at Nagpur getting so many matches in the recent past, while others are not... its not just Chennai or Blore I'm talking about, but since I keep track of what these cities have got, I know from top of my mind.. same way Kolkatta and the east is also deprived of internationaL matches.. I'm not talking a bout it, cos it doesnt affect me. If a match is played in Blore/Chennai, I'll be happy and I'm sure to make time to go and watch... Thats the only reason I'm talking about this issue in this thread and not cos I'm south indian.. If I'm now working/living in Kolkata or Chandigarh, depending on whether they get matches or not, I'll be either pleased or pissed.. So, you better dont drag me into the south / north bullshyte..
FYI... I'm not playing any victim card here.. I'm only talking about if there really is a rotation policy why is it not functioning correctly.. you and your stupid logic... I never complain when Rohit Sharma was picked for the tri series ahead of Vijay or Badri.. I never got myself into any south vs north debate.. I'm just pointing at Nagpur getting so many matches in the recent past, while others are not... its not just Chennai or Blore I'm talking about, but since I keep track of what these cities have got, I know from top of my mind.. same way Kolkatta and the east is also deprived of internationaL matches.. I'm not talking a bout it, cos it doesnt affect me. If a match is played in Blore/Chennai, I'll be happy and I'm sure to make time to go and watch... Thats the only reason I'm talking about this issue in this thread and not cos I'm south indian.. If I'm now working/living in Kolkata or Chandigarh, depending on whether they get matches or not, I'll be either pleased or pissed.. So, you better dont drag me into the south / north bullshyte..
Hey Southies, Why so serious?? Let us put a smile on your face
^^ DUDE.. my point is, the season in which we hosted a test, we were not given ODI and when we got an ODI, we dint get a test.. this year, Nagpur has been getting everything... they have already hosted 2 ODIs, a T20 in 2009
Did you hear anyone say Chennai is getting everything in 2008 when they hosted 2 test matches? BCCI's scheduling is of course wrong, the rotation policy is crap and is just one more way to appease state associations and ensure some votes, but to turn this whole thing into neglect for South and blah blah isnt quite right either. You said it rains in Chennai onyl in Oct/Nov, and just a few days ago it was pelting down in Chennai in December and there is more rain forecast in Jan and Feb. So who knows Chennai itself isnt bidding for these matches, else with the bord secretary being from there, I dont see any reason why the BCCI wouldn't allocate matches to it.
Did you hear anyone say Chennai is getting everything in 2008 when they hosted 2 test matches? BCCI's scheduling is of course wrong, the rotation policy is crap and is just one more way to appease state associations and ensure some votes, but to turn this whole thing into neglect for South and blah blah isnt quite right either. You said it rains in Chennai onyl in Oct/Nov, and just a few days ago it was pelting down in Chennai in December and there is more rain forecast in Jan and Feb. So who knows Chennai itself isnt bidding for these matches, else with the bord secretary being from there, I dont see any reason why the BCCI wouldn't allocate matches to it.
When Indian Meteorological dept cannot predict the weather for more than 15 days, you are predicting for 2 months ...:hatsoff:

How about some facts for a change? The Zonal Rotational Policy was replaced in 2001 with a National Rotation Policy according to Anand Vasu vide this article in cricinfo bit.ly/4SZ9hy Excerpt from the above article

For example, almost anyone will agree that 21 venues for ODIs, and nine for Tests, is an unwieldy number. It is utterly unmanageable in a large country like India, and there were times in the recent India - Sri Lanka seven-match series that a player would turn up bleary-eyed at the departure lounge and fail to respond when airline staff asked where he was going. Yet, unless the system changes fundamentally, there is no way the existing system can change. Till 2001 the board had a zonal allotment policy. This meant games went in turn to North, South, East, West and Central zones. However, some zones - South and West for example - had many more venues than the others, and this meant that a city like Mumbai or Chennai only got a match once in five years or so, while something like Indore got a match every third year. To redress this the board put in place the national rotation policy. This policy means that the Programs and Fixtures committee, which deals with these matters, has little to beyond apply the formula. In the current season, India has 12 ODIs, and later seven more against England at - Cochin, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Indore, Cuttack, Vishakapatnam and Goa. Now, with 19 venues having staged matches, the remaining two (Gwalior, Vijayawada) will get games in the next home one-day series, irrelevant of whom the opposition is. England may believe that they have been allotted the worst venues in India - and they won't be far from the truth when it comes to places there are playing one-dayers at - but it is certainly not through design.
Now, there have been 33 ODIs since Chennai last hosted an ODI game (27/1/2007) and there are only 21 ODI venues in India, so Mr. Outsider et al, go do the math. Interestingly Nagpur alone has hosted 3 ODIs since. This, not counting the T20 game that Nagpur has hosted recently. Check out the link below bit.ly/8gCLSk On SaneIndian's point that Chennai hosted 2 tests in 2008, the match against England was supposed to have been played in Mumbai but in the aftermath of 26/11 it was moved to Chennai. To get the rotation of Test matches back on track, I am sure Chennai will be made to wait longer than normal before it is alloted another Test Match. If you still don't see a bias towards Nagpur and a case for Chennai hosting an ODI, wake up and smell the coffee! Remarks from certain forum users of Southie brigade playing the victim card are nauseating to say the least when the facts stare at you in your face.

^ Chai waale don't give me some crap about 31 ODIs - why weren't you moaning when Chennai hosted 2 tests last year and why don't you and your fellow Southies who are jumping up and down in this thread fight for the treatment of UP which as I have pointed out houses a sixth of India and provides at least 10-15% of India's contracted players?

^ Chai waale don't give me some crap about 31 ODIs - why weren't you moaning when Chennai hosted 2 tests last year and why don't you and your fellow Southies who are jumping up and down in this thread fight for the treatment of UP which as I have pointed out houses a sixth of India and provides at least 10-15% of India's contracted players?
May be you should improve your reading skills. I have already said what I had to say about the 2 Tests in my post. Btw, it is 33 ODIs and not 31. Your post only proves that you have nothing but crap to say.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/INXX0202?from=tenDay_bottomnav_business Check the historical average precipitation for Jan and Feb. My mistake for calling it the forecast for feb, but the data suggests it does rain in Chennai in Jan and Feb.
:hysterical::hysterical: Now you are considering 33mm monthly average and predicting it rains in Chennai in Feb. If thats your criteria to decide the venue, Nagpur and kolkota should also be not selected as they also have similar rain avg for Feb.
May be you should improve your reading skills. I have already said what I had to say about the 2 Tests in my post. Btw, it is 33 ODIs and not 31. Your post only proves that you have nothing but crap to say.
No it proves that you and other South Indians on this thread don't want to raise the legitimate issue of UP/Kanpur being discriminated against but will cry for your particular region. Thank you for exposing your regional agendas so blatantly.
No it proves that you and other South Indians on this thread don't want to raise the legitimate issue of UP/Kanpur being discriminated against but will cry for your particular region. Thank you for exposing your regional agendas so blatantly.
Kanpur has hosted two Test matches and two ODIs since 2007, I am not sure what you are on.
Btw, the issue of contracted players not coming from UP is a subjective matter. We cannot have quota system in selection.
Kanpur has hosted two Test matches and two ODIs since 2007' date=' I am not sure what you are on.[/quote'] Look at the list that ludhianvi gave - Central zone got by far the least number of matches, but do you see people from UP moaning about discrimination?
Btw' date=' the issue of contracted players not coming from UP is a subjective matter. We cannot have quota system in selection.[/quote'] I put that number up to show that despite providing a significant number of cricketers and housing a huge population, UP does not get many matches and does not whine about it like you and some others do about South India.
:hysterical::hysterical: Now you are considering 33mm monthly average and predicting it rains in Chennai in Feb. If thats your criteria to decide the venue' date=' Nagpur and kolkota should also be not selected as they also have similar rain avg for Feb.
Did I start claiming that Chennai/Bangalore/South is being discriminated against? BTW surprising to see you silent on why there was no complaint when Chennai hosted 2 tests in 2008.
Did I start claiming that Chennai/Bangalore/South is being discriminated against? BTW surprising to see you silent on why there was no complaint when Chennai hosted 2 tests in 2008.
No But you started claiming it usually rains in chennai in Jan /Feb, so it is justified not to allot matches to Chennai. Now that you have failed to justify your claims and I have proved you wrong, you are drifting to something else. :giggle: