Your favourite cricket sayings

Perosonally my favourites are: Agricultural shot - An inelegant leg side slog, usually played with the eyes closed and the head high in the air towards 'cow corner'. Dibbly-dobbly - Derogatory term applied to slow-medium paced bowling even less threatening than that of a trundler. Gardening - The laws allow a batsman to make minor repairs with his bat to the surface of the pitch, for example to pitch-marks made by the ball or scratches from fielders' studs. There's an element of psychology at work here too: a batsman beaten by a ball that whistled past his chin might prod the spot where it pitched to spare the bowler from giving himself too much credit for the delivery. What are your favourites?

Chinaman bowler : Referred for Left handed wrist spinner. Not sure why china came into cricket :--D
French cut Same for france... Iimagine that when french people used to play, they edge all their cuts, so it's now called the french cut... Does anyone know?
Dibbly-dobbly - Derogatory term applied to slow-medium paced bowling even less threatening than that of a trundler.
Those of us who watched ODIs in the early 90s (particularly New Zealand's fantastic and very unlucky performance in the 92 World Cup) will remember the full trio of Dibbly, Dobbly and Wobbly; Harris, Larsen and Rod Latham. Back in the day 'dibbly-dobbly' was not that derogatory in the way we use it now for Class Act Collingwood and such bowlers; Harris and Larsen could be a real pain in the **** with the ball in ODIs and Larsen had the guile and sharpness of a good spinner - and was as hard to hit around.
Guest Gunner
Those of us who watched ODIs in the early 90s (particularly New Zealand's fantastic and very unlucky performance in the 92 World Cup) will remember the full trio of Dibbly, Dobbly and Wobbly; Harris, Larsen and Rod Latham. Back in the day 'dibbly-dobbly' was not that derogatory in the way we use it now for Class Act Collingwood and such bowlers; Harris and Larsen could be a real pain in the **** with the ball in ODIs and Larsen had the guile and sharpness of a good spinner - and was as hard to hit around.
I rarely remember Larsen conceding more than 3 RPO in a match. I think SA had one of them called RIchard Snell.

Mark Ealham was a good dibbly dobbler Run machine - Used in reference to a batsman who scores countless runs. GOD, Haydos, Kallis, Dravid, Ponting are few of those that come to mind. Night watchman - One who comes late in a day's play to save a regular batsman's ar$e like Jason Gillespie, N Boje, Jamie Anderson, Paul Harris, Faisal Iqbal (latest addition). Who do you think is/was the best night watchman? My vote goes to Gillespie. Pinch hitter - A designated hitter who has the license to throw his bat at the ball to up the NRR. Pat Symcox had a decent success coming in as a Pinch hitter. Interestingly, Australia used this tactic in the final of the 1996 World Cup when they sent SK Warne at No.3 if I remember correctly...the tactic has died of late. Would be interested to know who first started using this tactic? SL or SA ?