Who's the best left hand opening bat in the world?

dr_tooley

guize? what about faarhat? the poy can place the ball between slips and gully like no1 else
and don't forget he's the best batsman who plays inside edge shots like no one else can and also those leg byes played from his ***** are simply genius. A great asset to the world cricket at the moment.

For all his awesomeness, Gambhir has yet to play any tests against OZ,SA,Eng outside the country. He is in terrific form and will in all probability come out triumphant on those future tours. But Smith has proved his mettle all over the world and is undoubtedly the numero uno leftie opener atm. Gambhir and Strauss are next ofcourse.

For all his awesomeness, Gambhir has yet to play any tests against OZ,SA,Eng outside the country. He is in terrific form and will in all probability come out triumphant on those future tours. But Smith has proved his mettle all over the world and is undoubtedly the numero uno leftie opener atm. Gambhir and Strauss are next ofcourse.
touche .. Smith has been a terrific opener.

Ssshhh!!! Logic is a foreign concept to some Pakis. That's why they hail Afridi as the greatest cricketer ever. :giggle: For Tests: Smith GG Strauss are the three standouts. From 2001 to 04 it probably would have been Australia's dynamic duo, Hayden and Langer. Lara did occasionally open in ODIs back in the day.

guize? what about faarhat? the poy can place the ball between slips and gully like no1 else
I am not sure why people are poking fun at Farhat and Butt. They have done quite well putting up 30 and 40 and occassional 80 and 90. The openers are least of all Paki Problems -- their world renowned Middle Order is a big problem.
Smith for sure' date='GG has to score in Eng,Aus n SA to take that position[/quote']
Smith is much more experienced that Gautham isnt it? And that helps him. Gambhir is yet to play in difficult batting conditions, I agree, but that doesnt take anything away from him, After all, A player can play only in the conditions given to him! He cant ask for bowler friendly pitches because he wants to prove something,
I am not sure why people are poking fun at Farhat and Butt. They have done quite well putting up 30 and 40 and occassional 80 and 90. The openers are least of all Paki Problems -- their world renowned Middle Order is a big problem.
Pakistan has the 2nd worst opening combination in test cricket, worst being NZ. After Younis returns at #3, their middle order of Yoyo,Younis and Umar will have some solidity but opening will be weak as ever.
Then what sort of crap logic made you put Marsh as a contender? The guy is yet to make debut in Tests ffs.
the same logic that other member use on this forum to say farhat, butt... I am sure still marsh is better.. so before asking me about marsh ask them about butt and farhat....