Rate the Indian youngsters under 25

vvvslaxman

What crap Kholi greater than Gambhir wrt spin and dont get me started on the comparison with Sachin. The kid is just starting to find his feet in international cricket and someone posts this, i still think he walks too much across before the bowler delivers the ball, well he hasnt yet got out LBW but i am sure quicker/smarter bowlers will exploit the weakness. So he has to work on it a bit. Anyway on the topic, Rohit is the most talented but has no determination or temperament to succeed when it comes to the international level so Raina has overtaken him. If Raina can work on his short ball defect he will be a bloody good player. He has all the shots and can clear the ground at will so he should adapt a Steve waugh like approach to the short ball. It will do him a world of good and he can concentrate on his strengths then. Kohli seems to have an excellent temperament and looks the part but i would ideally give him 1 more season before judging him for test cricket. Jadeja has the talent with the bat but looks like Dhoni wants him to concentrate on his bowling more so this might let his focus on batting down so don know if it is good for the young kid but a useful player to have. He will get better as he gains more experience. Karthik, when he burst into the scene at an young age of 19 seemed like an exciting talent but he has not really improved or cemented his place since then. He is not bad but he is not really exciting anymore and i guess he will always be a fringe player making in and out of the squad. I might be wrong but this is what i think about him. Irfan Pathan should be in the ODI squad he is too good a talent to be wasted, we should persist with him at least in ODIs and should not leave him out of the scene for long.

Sometime back there was a theory quoted by one of the commentator. Not sure who it is. One of the reason why new comers are at ease against spin was because they play lot of decent spinners in domestic cricket. But established players don't get chance to play against decent spinners. Look at world cricket. We have kreza, Hauritz, Harris none of these guys would find a place in most of the state side of India. You get wide variety of spinners bowling to you in domestic cricket. Something that you won't get in internatonal cricket. Even in the nets you only get net bowlers not first class level bowlers. That is one of the reason you should keep playing domestic cricket in between breaks something Yuvraj has never done in my memory. I think this theory definitely has some merit.

rohit sharma- Converting starts-2 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere)=-5 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships)=2 Running between the wickets=3 Ability against spin=6 Ability against pace=7 Weaknesses=knucklehead. Flexibility (Ability to play any role)=4 Ability to accelerate=2 Innovative batting=6 27/100(what a waste of talent)

Raina Converting starts - 7 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) - 6 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) - 8 Running between the wickets -8 Ability against spin - 9 (remember Mendis, Vettori) Ability against pace - 7 Weaknesses - 6 perceived weakness against quality short pitch stuff, looks better now, have to be tested more, playing too aggresive, well that his role now Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 9 Ability to accelerate - 8 Innovative batting - 7 75/100

jadeja and pathan are not in the line due to their batting, we have to consider their bowling skills. acc. to me batsmen are raina kohli kartik rohit i pathan y pathan as an allrounder i pathan jadeja y pathan only three allrounder in race selectors have a job to do here?

Nice thread vvs :winky: Raina Converting starts - 4 Temperament - 6 Handling Pressure - 6 Running between the wickets - 7 Ability against spin - 5 Ability against pace - 5 Weaknesses - 4 Flexibility - 5 Ability to accelerate - 8 Innovative batting - 7 total - 57/100

Karthik Converting starts - 4 Temperament - 6 Handling Pressure - 7 Running between the wickets - 7 Ability against spin - 6 Ability against pace - 8 (Opened in tests vs England and did very well!) Weaknesses-5 Flexibility (Ability to play any role)-9 Ability to accelerate - 7 Innovative batting -6 66/100 I reckon that's a pretty good roundup. Not sure about the 'weakness' field though, is it lack of weakness?