Why do Indians ( Desis ) Stare at each other

Rajiv

may be you should have spent some more on the gas and given some business to the Indian grocer
the indian grocer gets more business than the supermarket! forgive me for not wanting to fight with all the mid aged indian masiba's that do not understand excuse me and will get into a fist fight over bhindi!!

I am surprised but hats off to them. That shows a wonderful level of commitment to their family and I think its a matter of great pride. The second part is where I completely lose track of the rationality of these guys. This is the part of the desi way of life, I find hard to follow. They have missed the golden years of their life so that they can have a laptop!! Great going guys.. :rolleyes:
agreed! :agree: i hope the guys who made those sacrifices are living a good life now!

Actually' date=' there were a few students from genuinely lower middle class backgrounds in India and I completely understand their point of view. They used to even send money back to India from graduate stipends, like $300-400 per month. But a major talking point used to be getting a car, nice TV, and a laptop. I bought a car in my final year of grad school when I got a job, had a 13" piece of crap for most of the time and later graduated to a 19", and never had a laptop during school - just used department machines. But those kind of things were of priority to some, which I never understood. I mean, you have your whole life to buy a car and a freaking laptop, but will you be able to go out and have fun camping in Yosemite or canoe in Florida swamps with your friends ever again in your life with a 2-3 week holiday that your company will give and pretty soon wife and kids?[/quote'] This is where i disagree shwetabh,it is someone's priority...they may not like the camping or canoeing thing,It is for them to decide what they want to do.You dont wana car or a laptop and wana roam around the place,thats fun for you,for someone else it might not be fun.Everyone has their own intrests.No two people are the same.

the indian grocer gets more business than the supermarket! forgive me for not wanting to fight with all the mid aged indian masiba's that do not understand excuse me and will get into a fist fight over bhindi!!
So where do you pick up 'that' Hindi film dvd?

:omg: Canadians aren't famous here! May be I should have joined this place earlier GTA = Greater Toronto Area
Dude, don't worry. Together we can fight and we will make ourselves heard. Where from TawranTaw are you mate ?

This is where i disagree shwetabh' date='it is someone's priority...they may not like the camping or canoeing thing,It is for them to decide what they want to do.You dont wana car or a laptop and wana roam around the place,thats fun for you,for someone else it might not be fun.Everyone has their own intrests.No two people are the same.[/quote'] Why does a person need a car? May seem like a stupid question but just humour me and answer it.

Dude' date=' don't worry. [b']Together we can fight and we will make ourselves heard. Where from TawranTaw are you mate ?
Say what? Can't hear you mate. :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Why does a person need a car? May seem like a stupid question but just humour me and answer it.
it is his wish,he thinks he needs it so he needs it.why do u need to take pleasure trips round continental europe? It is mans wish what he wants to do with his money and no one has a right to complaint about it.

This is where i disagree shwetabh' date='it is someone's priority...they may not like the camping or canoeing thing,It is for them to decide what they want to do.You dont wana car or a laptop and wana roam around the place,thats fun for you,for someone else it might not be fun.Everyone has their own intrests.No two people are the same.[/quote'] Yeah I agree. At that time I used to think I am "too cool" for these kind of people, specially given how they fit into the desi stereotype, but now I would agree that it's a matter of personal preference no matter how unfathomable to my mind and would have little bearing on them as individual people.

it is his wish,he thinks he needs it so he needs it.why do u need to take pleasure trips round continental europe? It is mans wish what he wants to do with his money and no one has a right to complaint about it.
You did not answer the question. What is the purpose behind buying a car?

:rolleyes: me! i need a car!! its not practical for me to do my work on public transport!! :orderorder:
..tell me more about your work :woot: