Sehwag resumes practice after taking a break

saneindian

http://beta.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/article79031.ece Indian opener Virender Sehwag remains conspicuous by his absence over the last four days even though the team management insists he is fit and fine. Sehwag did not attend Saturday’s practice session and has been rested from both Sunday’s match against Sri Lanka and Monday’s encounter against Bangladesh. Sehwag did not accompany his teammates to the stadium on Sunday and Monday. He was not mentioned among the reserve players list issued to the media, even though it included rested players Zaheer Khan, Ashok Dinda, Rohit Sharma and Harbhajan Singh. Today, Zaheer and Sehwag were not seen when the Indian players warmed up for the match against Bangladesh. When asked whether Sehwag has injury issues, administrative manager Arshad Ayub said the dashing opener was ‘fit and fine’. Sehwag played in the first two matches — against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh — scoring 47 and 13 respectively. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wonder what's cooking there. No ego clashes please, it has already put us back by a couple of years on previous occasions.

Sehwag resumes practice after taking a break Vice-captain Virender Sehwag is back in action after skipping team training for the last few days as he turned up for practice on Tuesday ahead of the cricket tri-series final against Sri Lanka tomorrow. More... Sehwag resumes practice after taking a break Press Trust Of India Mirpur, January 12, 2010 Vice-captain Virender Sehwag is back in action after skipping team training for the last few days as he turned up for practice today ahead of the cricket tri-series final against Sri Lanka here tomorrow. Sehwag, who was rested for India's last two matches, did not join practice on Saturday and was not seen with the team on Sunday and Monday but turned up today for an optional net session along with four other team-mates. On his absence, he said he had got permission from the team management to rest but will play tomorrow's final. "I was given rest by the team management and I enjoyed my it (at team hotel)," he said after having around two-hour net session at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium indoor facilities along with Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. "I will play in the final and I hope I will do well to win the series," said the dashing opener who has scored 47 and 9 in the two matches he had played so far.