IPL Auction 2010 / 19th Jan

Malcolm Merlyn

^ For Lalit Modi' date=' Indian cricket and world cricket's sake, I hope IPL3 is a hit :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Lalit Modi I hope gets assassinated, but IPL is like India's very own NBA/NFL/MLB, there's no way IPL won't be a hit from now on.

Guest NeutralCricket

IPL Auction 2010 / 19th Jan One more auction for IPL is going to happen tommarrow...Maximum limit is $750,000. IPL is introduced a new rule if A player attracted More than one Bid @ highest price...They will having a silent bid in which the additional cost to buy player is possible...this Addiotnal price will be Go to IPL :hysterical: Palyesr to watch are - Afridi,Pollard,Amer,Umar akmal,Asif,Morgan.... this auction is for Only this year ...

The method may be used in a scenario where a player has attracted the maximum bid - each franchise has a cap of US$750,000 in total to spend at the auction - from more than one franchise. The franchises would then have to put in a separate, additional bid - to which there will be no cap - to break the tie. Whoever submits the higher additional bid will get the player. However, the controversial part is that the additional amount would go to the IPL and not the player.
:hysterical::hysterical: This is getting ridiculous !

whoever BRC picks should be available for the whole of IPL 3' date='no use picking somebody who is not available for the playoffs.[/quote'] There are only few players who will be available for the entire duration. The Saffies and the Aussies will still be involved in their domestic competition until the end of March, I think. NZ will be hosting Australia. The Sri Lankans are the only ones available along with the WIndies(won't be available for the first week - home series against Zim),and of course the Pakis too. I am not sure about England.

This is the final 66 list of players for IPL 3

Australia: Brad Haddin, Philip Hughes, Doug Bollinger, Ashley Noffke, Adam Voges, Luke Pomersbach, Clint McKay, Graham Manou, Ben Laughlin, Jason Krejza, Damien Martyn England: Tim Bresnan, Eoin Morgan, Robert Key, Anthony McGrath, Monty Panesar, Mark Ramprakash, Graeme Swann, Jonathon Trott Pakistan: Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Gul, Imran Nazir, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Aamer, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Sohail Tanvir South Africa: Zander de Bruyn, Wayne Parnell, Tyron Henderson, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Rory Kleinveldt, Yusuf Abdulla, Vernon Philander, Johan van der Wath, Vaughn van Jaarsveld, Morne van Vyk, Justin Kemp Sri Lanka: Nuwan Kulasekara, Nuwan Zoysa, Upul Tharanga, Thissara Perera, Thilina Kandamby, Kaushalya Weeraratne, Chanaka Welegedara, Chinthaka Jayasinghe, Chamara Silva West Indies: Kieron Pollard, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Daren Ganga, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Wavell Hinds, Kemar Roach, Sulieman Benn New Zealand: Grant Elliott, Lou Vincent, Shane Bond, Nathan McCullum Zimbabwe: Murray Goodwin Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan Canada: Rizwan Cheema Netherlands: Ryan ten Doeschate
As far as I know only 10-20 international players spots are vacant all the franchisees combined. My take on the people who might get an entry into IPL 3 are: Australia: Philip Hughes, Doug Bollinger, Brad Haddin England: Eoin Morgan, Graeme Swann Pakistan: Shahid Afridi, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Aamer South Africa: Wayne Parnell, Morne Van Wyk Sri Lanka: Upul Tharanga, Thilina Kandamby, Chanaka Welegedara West Indies: Kieron Pollard, Lendl Simmons New Zealand: Shane Bond Zimbabwe: None Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan Canada: Rizwan Cheema Netherlands: None

There are only few players who will be available for the entire duration. The Saffies and the Aussies will still be involved in their domestic competition until the end of March' date= I think. NZ will be hosting Australia. The Sri Lankans are the only ones available along with the WIndies(won't be available for the first week - home series against Zim),and of course the Pakis too. I am not sure about England.
Modi has already issued an ultimatum to the Aussies that if they skip IPL for the domestic season then they would also be kept away from CL 2010. All of them are playing their hearts out in Big Bash to get a chance to play in Champions League and I dont think they will even think of missing IPL after Modi's warning. :winky:

Guest DeveGowda
whoever BRC picks should be available for the whole of IPL 3' date='no use picking somebody who is not available for the playoffs.[/quote'] CBF, Whom do u think we need this time....I go for Afridi & Pollard

Modi has already issued an ultimatum to the Aussies that if they skip IPL for the domestic season then they would also be kept away from CL 2010. All of them are playing their hearts out in Big Bash to get a chance to play in Champions League and I dont think they will even think of missing IPL after Modi's warning. :winky:
Already such a warning has had a victim in Hodge who has retired prematurely from four day comps.It is plain stupidity to say the least.The state cricket boards of these players would have invested a lot right through their youth level until now and I would like to see them fulfill their commitment to them rather than play in the lucrative league. Also, it is not like these players aren't earning much in their local leagues. If a Taibu chooses IPL over his domestic club comp's I might side with him but not these guys. Domestic competition should take precedence over IPL. Period.