Player of two-decades

akshayxyz

Guest NeutralCricket

many greats - Gilly - Changed the old method of Wicket keeper batsman to Battsman - wicket keeper. Warne - Changed art of leg spin. Sanath - Pinch Hitting pioneer. Murali - broke bowling records. Sachin - lot of records. Kallis - Allrounder Lara - Greatest palyer of Spin in last 2 decades Akram - great left hand bowler we cant select single player has Greatest in lst 2 decades.B-> (many of them not played Entire 20 years..but i dont think it will make much difference)

I know its each ones perspective but i would be appalled to think much further than Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar for this particular one. I don know what more a sportsperson can do in his respective field that Sachin has not done, and by that i mean individual contribution, please dont start about world cup or some stupid topic like that.

My objective was - has any one else besides these two have played over a span of more than 20 years ;), yes some people started in early 90's and continued in the next decade. But no one, no one else has sustained the passion for 20+ years. That is unparalleled. However many runs, wickets etc wont equal that. Some one rightly read my message - search ends at Sachin.

Guest NeutralCricket

Is that (palying 20 years) matters..this is a Team game..No individual is more important than team or Victory ..some people may decide to retire early to give chance to others (not only passion) or Some will get injured (not all are lucky)... No offence to any one perticulerly...

My objective was - has any one else besides these two have played over a span of more than 20 years ;), yes some people started in early 90's and continued in the next decade. But no one, no one else has sustained the passion for 20+ years. That is unparalleled. However many runs, wickets etc wont equal that. Some one rightly read my message - search ends at Sachin.
Well, if you knew that only 2 players have played 20+ years, and out of those two, its easy to choose who's the better player, why the thread in the first place? Anil Kumble played for 19 years (1990-2008) - and ended his career as India's biggest match winner. McGrath started in '94 and ended in '07, and ended up as one of the top 3 bowlers in the world ever. Warne started in '92 and ended in '06 Dec. One of the top two spinners to play the game. Not to mention Waugh who started playing in 1985 and continued until 2004. I think 20+ years is too long a span to choose one player over the rest. But thats my opinion. Cricket means, bowling, batting, and fielding. And we've had plenty of folks in each category who've contributed to the game and to their team enormously.
Guest NeutralCricket
Well' date=' if you knew that only 2 players have played 20+ years, and out of those two, its easy to choose who's the better player, why the thread in the first place? McGrath started in '94 and ended in '07, and ended up as one of the top 3 bowlers in the world ever. Warne started in '92 and ended in '06 Dec. Same with Warne. Not to mention Waugh who started playing in 1985 and continued until 2004. I think 20+ years is too long a span to choose one player over the rest. But thats my opinion.[/quote'] Exactly ...is palying 20 years better than playing 15-16 year ? .. In Subcontinent people start early (Ok ..only Talented people will last longer)..but in other places they will start late even though they have same talents ...Also they have to leave early eventhogh in good form...(If you see performance of Mcgarth , warne and kumble in IPL..they should have ccontinued 2 years more easily)
Player of decade - Tendulkar Player of 2 decades - Tendulkar Player of all time - Tendulakar Greatest player there will ever be - Tendulkar I hope the above clears up any confusion which some seem to be suffering from!
Agree :hail:
and hopefully it ends the start up any more pointless threads
Yes too many threads for naming one GOD