Robert Croft thinks Tendulkar should have been captain

Anybody watching Sky's pre-match coverage here in UK? Robert croft said that Sehwag cannot motivate Indian players against Bangladesh ad shouldn't have been captain. Instead Tendulkar should have been captain as he leads from the front. e.g. scoring a century yesterday. looks like nobody told him that Shewag is the vice captain or about his press conference before the match. Even a cursory glance at Cricinfo would have given more information if they couldn't arsed to be doing their research.

Tendulkar should not be appointed captain. not because he is not diplomatic enough to handle the job' date=' simply because the last time he was given captaincy, things were quite awry.[/quote'] if anything he's too diplomatic...there were many times in his captaincy where he couldn't tell Azhar off because he was "senior". I think now being the don he wouldn't have any issues on that. But for a two test series, what sense does it make to "appoint" a captain? We're talking about a middle order that's played a combined 400 test matches. These guys bleed for India, what motivation would they need to play Bangladesh?

This is what happens if you bring an English 'expert' who has obviously watched very LITTLE of Indian cricket and knows very less about our cricket. Sachin should not get within a 1000 miles of the captaincy position.. His tenure marked some of the worst times an Indian team had gone through in the recent times. And even Sachin realizes that, which is why he repeatedly turned down the offer for captaincy when at which point first Kumble and then later, Dhoni became captain.

This is what happens if you bring an English 'expert' who has obviously watched very LITTLE of Indian cricket and knows very less about our cricket.
Unfortunately they don't get a lot of Indian experts in this part of the world. I've only seen one guy a Journalist- Ashish Ray who pops us as an expert every now and then, but to be fair i would take some of the Sky presenters to the guy on Neo pre match program host. I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago, he looked like soembody reading the news and the questions he was posing to Siva was making no sense. Having gotten used to the likes of Harsa Bhogle on ESPN , Charu Sharma on DD/SET, Sanjay Manjrekar on TEN SPorts neo's coverage seems to be pathetic.
Unfortunately they don't get a lot of Indian experts in this part of the world. I've only seen one guy a Journalist- Ashish Ray who pops us as an expert every now and then' date=' but to be fair i would take some of the Sky presenters to the guy on Neo pre match program host. I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago, he looked like soembody reading the news and the questions he was posing to Siva was making no sense.[b'] Having gotten used to the likes of Harsa Bhogle on ESPN , Charu Sharma on DD/SET, Sanjay Manjrekar on TEN SPorts neo's coverage seems to be pathetic.
Uh..What? :omg: Are you actually praising any of these guys? And RK (Neo Sports host) isnt that bad. For starters, he isnt a motor-mouth like Harsha, nor is he a India-loather like Manjrekar. And I am not even going to bring that Charu Sharma into the topic..
Uh..What? :omg: Are you actually praising any of these guys? And RK (Neo Sports host) isnt that bad. For starters, he isnt a motor-mouth like Harsha, nor is he a India-loather like Manjrekar. And I am not even going to bring that Charu Sharma into the topic..
OK Manjrekar and Charu Sharma was a bit OTT on my part, but come on Harsha and RK surely Harsha is more knowledgable about the game considering the amount of time he is been on Radio & TV. May be RK is good and I am being critical having watched him only for a few minutes and that too only once. or May be it was Jimmy Amarnath's influence:hmmm:
OK Manjrekar and Charu Sharma was a bit OTT on my part' date=' but come on Harsha and RK surely Harsha is more knowledgable about the game considering the amount of time he is been on Radio & TV. May be RK is good and I am being critical having watched him only for a few minutes and that too only once. or May be it was Jimmy Amarnath's influence:hmmm:[/quote'] RK does sound a bit mechanical at first, but you'll get used to it. He talks cricket and strictly cricket. No Harsha style lame-jokes attempts from him. In my opinion, Neo would do much better to replace their current 'expert' panel and get a new one. But the question is, are there any 'experts' at all? Maybe they could plump for Kumble or a Ganguly.
RK does sound a bit mechanical at first, but you'll get used to it. He talks cricket and strictly cricket. No Harsha style lame-jokes attempts from him. In my opinion, Neo would do much better to replace their current 'expert' panel and get a new one. But the question is, are there any 'experts' at all? Maybe they could plump for Kumble or a Ganguly.
Yeah, the Neo cricket host is pretty good. He does a good job of not letting experts meander completely and manages the time slots pretty well, letting everyone have a fair bite. I also like Amarnath - he is not the most garrulous or engrossing speaker but very rarely does he make stupid cricketing comments. Does a reasonably good job as an analyst. Their show lacks humor though and perhaps they can try to pick the second expert as someone who leans a bit towards the funny side - someone like Warne. Their presentation has improved immensely since the time they first started, so at least things are moving in the right direction.
Yeah' date=' the Neo cricket host is pretty good. He does a good job of not letting experts meander completely and manages the time slots pretty well, letting everyone have a fair bite. I also like Amarnath - he is not the most garrulous or engrossing speaker but very rarely does he make stupid cricketing comments. Does a reasonably good job as an analyst. Their show lacks humor though and perhaps they can try to pick the second expert as someone who leans a bit towards the funny side - someone like Warne. Their presentation has improved immensely since the time they first started, so at least things are moving in the right direction.[/quote'] Interesting. I left India couple of years ago when Neo Cricket was still in its early stages and haven;t seen any Indian TV cricket coverage since then. Is this RK the same guy who used to be on ESPN's sportscenter selected from Dream Job or Harsha Ki Khoj or something like that reality program on ESS about 3-4 years ago.
Interesting. I left India couple of years ago when Neo Cricket was still in its early stages and haven;t seen any Indian TV cricket coverage since then. Is this RK the same guy who used to be on ESPN's sportscenter selected from Dream Job or Harsha Ki Khoj or something like that reality program on ESS about 3-4 years ago.
I have no idea. I also don't live in India, so catch Neo only on the online streams during the matches.

I have always believed Veeru is not a good captain .. UV is also not fit for the job .. Veeru has not been that good throughout his captaincy .. I would go for Gauti as captain maybe though he seems to defensive .. frankly speaking we do not have good backup captain .. there was no other option

Yeah' date=' the Neo cricket host is pretty good. [b']He does a good job of not letting experts meander completely and manages the time slots pretty well, letting everyone have a fair bite. I also like Amarnath - he is not the most garrulous or engrossing speaker but very rarely does he make stupid cricketing comments. Does a reasonably good job as an analyst. Their show lacks humor though and perhaps they can try to pick the second expert as someone who leans a bit towards the funny side - someone like Warne. Their presentation has improved immensely since the time they first started, so at least things are moving in the right direction.
Yea, thats what I like about RK too. He's extremely efficient and does not dither about. And I am sort of with you on Amarnath. He's not the most captivating of commentators, but there's a statesman like feel about him that makes you listen every time he opens his mouth, even though there isnt anything noticeably remarkable about his opinions.
I have always believed Veeru is not a good captain .. UV is also not fit for the job .. Veeru has not been that good throughout his captaincy .. I would go for Gauti as captain maybe though he seems to defensive .. frankly speaking we do not have good backup captain .. there was no other option
May be not now but I am hoping Virat Kohli will become better and become an India captain in a few years time once he is able to cement his place in the Indian side. He seemed ok when India won the U19 world cup.