IPL made fun of Pakistan by snubbing us: Afridi

Block hole

Probably not explicitly. But anyone with half a brain could have seen that having some very good T20 players from Pakistan available for the auction and then not selecting them for non cricketing reason is going to lead to this situation. Any professional and responsible outfit would have handled it before things got to the auction by taking them out and letting them know the reasons for doing so.
I am stunned you think like that. Anyways let me try to reason it out and let us see how many agree. First and Foremost -- Pray Tell me -- What on the earth is the Govt Of India or The IPL Franchises getting by insulting pakistani players ? huh? Absolutely nothing. Do they have anything to prove to themselves -- by insulting the Pakis ? The whole world looks down upon that nation, there is nothing more one need to do to insult the people of that nation. Now coming to the point -- Govt Of India's stance is quite clear -- you take action against the Mumbai -- Terrorists -- all ties will resume. Is the Indian Govt asking for a lot ? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I am with them. Yes all Ties include sporting ties -- no matter what -- sports -- is mixed with politics and in this case a LOT of MONEY is involved. Now the Govt could have said no to them -- when they applied. Here is what I think why they did not do that -- with the CWG and especially the World Cup round the corner -- if the Govt of India did not issue visas -- the pakis would have used that point to raise such a hue and cry -- it would have been a bad publicity for the nation. They wanted to get out of this wrangle -- with minimum fuss. So they went ahead and cleared the players and MIGHT HAVE (not sure if they did this) asked the Franchises to back off. So the govt of India -- is now not taking any blame -- for this crap. And nobody can complain that they did not clear the players etc etc. And if the Franchises did not buy them -- despite everything being in the green -- well as a business man -- why would you want to put your money on somebody who is not certain to come and play for you? Ask SRK and Ness Wadia -- how they got shafted cuz of the Aussies backing off. They wasted their money and also did not find a replacement, eventually they ended up as sore losers. Now they want 200% guarantee or nobody is willing to take a risk and -- rightly so. And the Pakis dont even give 100% guarantee -- as anything could happen and they might be asked to stay back

Don't be so melodramatic' date=' the IPHell doesn't represent the views of the nation. Just like a bunch of snobby, spoiled, and petulant cricketers don't represent Pakistan's.[/quote'] If I answer that we would end up posting off topic stuff on this thread. But just a brief examples would be to look at what the Indian media doles out and how the public displays mob mentality for every issue.

Lets think logically. The Paki players have no respect for authority and are a poison in the team. Lets look at some instances- Afridi talking crap about the most polite cricketer ever, Shoaib being injured most of the time and so much drama about his participation, and Asif having drugs. This is what Pakistan brings to the table anyways. About 56 players were rejected in the auction which included all the Pakis. The Pakis spew venom at IPL all the time and when they are rejected they still spew venom. The average (even educated) Pakistani live in a world of delusion where Israel India and USA are all hell bent on invading their *****y land and taking control of their radicalized mullahs. And we in India face their hatred. They send their terrorists who rape murder and destroy our cities. Hell I havent been able to visit Kashmir, the most beautiful place in the country ever in my life. When confronted the govt says they cant control the army, the army says they cant control the isi, the isi says they cant control the terrorist. yet the terrorist leaders move around free in their main streets. Do we India have no pride? A country like India which is more powerful than our mad neighbors, why do we always remain so pacifist? As someone said, only time we had relative peace was between 1971-89. These people only understand the language of force and we should speak in this language. What is the use of stupid bus diplomacy and talks. Haven't we learned anything, that these Pakis repsond to Lahore declaration with Kargil. Stop all ****ing talks, ban all trade and people to people contact, and next time when another Mumbai happens, for heavens sake, punish these criminals. As for the Paki cricketers. GOOD RIDDANCE. No one wants you. You mean trouble and your countrymen are presently plotting how to target IPL, WC, CWG.... This is no jingoism, but as a country we must learn to respect India. Is there any country in the world which faces terrorist action against herself and never takes any action. Whatever peaceful approach we have taken for 20 years, it is not working.
Excellent post!

If I answer that we would end up posting off topic stuff on this thread. But just a brief examples would be to look at what the Indian media doles out and how the public displays mob mentality for every issue.
So now the Indian media represents the views of a multi-cultural, multi-religious, mulit-lingual nation of 1 billion? You're making less and less sense here.

Good Move I welcome this move, apart from being spoilt overrated brats, the Pakis even have a cheat and terrorist sympathizer in their midst. Look at the crap Miandad spewed last IPL, even though his son is married to a genocidal maniacs daughter. The relationship between Pakis and Indians should be black and white, this Aman ki Asha BS, Gayrukh, Butts should be ridiculed whenever they open their smelly mouths. The only language the pakis understand is power, that too has to be exercised regularly lest they forget their place. Only thing left is to get rid of bangla players too....

Mamu, I am no fan of Pakistan. In fact, I am strong advocate of India cutting off diplomatic ties with them over a period of time till their country is being used for terrorism against India. Let the government do that and I'll be in full support of such an action. I don't see how it is related to the gross mismanagement of the situation. Sure it has served the goals of not seeing Pakistani players in IPL, but besides that it has achieved nothing as an instrument. Sure, if the franchises, IPL, or the government had come out and said that the players are not being considered as one of many diplomatic steps we intend to take to put pressure on Pakistan, it would have my support.

So now the Indian media represents the views of a multi-cultural, multi-religious, mulit-lingual nation of 1 billion? You're making less and less sense here.
Actually the 1 billion people argument has been beaten silly. How many of those 1 billion people actually count? If you look at the educated part of the country with access to basic facilities and media, they have not exactly covered themselves in glory with their actions, have they? When I say "their actions", I certainly don't mean the IPL but rather a wide range of social issues.

Why' date=' just author another melodramatic post and we'd all have another round of giggles. :haha:[/quote'] I am pleased that I lit up your day with joy. :haha:

Mamu' date=' I am no fan of Pakistan. In fact, I am strong advocate of India cutting off diplomatic ties with them over a period of time till their country is being used for terrorism against India. Let the government do that and I'll be in full support of such an action. I don't see how it is related to the gross mismanagement of the situation. Sure it has served the goals of not seeing Pakistani players in IPL, but besides that it has achieved nothing as an instrument. Sure, if the franchises, IPL, or the government had come out and said that the players are not being considered as one of many diplomatic steps we intend to take to put pressure on Pakistan, it would have my support.[/quote'] actually BCCI were doing it in a very subtle way. But yes, what you said is right... they should have openly said that since there is a security problem it is not possible.

With the auction taking place in Mumbai, a city subjected to the worst terror attacks ever seen in India, there was little doubt that the story of the day was the shunning of the 11 Pakistan players on the auction list. When Richard Madley, who usually helps sell antiques and carpets, started proceedings by inviting bids for Shahid Afridi – an absolute steal at the base price of $250,000 – not one of the paddles shaped like the Olympic flame went up. There was only silence, an emptiness that echoed around the room at the Trident Hotel later when names like Umar Akmal and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan came up. Clearly the decision to boycott the neighbours was based on political realities and not cricketing form. Anyone who considers Kaif a better batsman than young Umar or Martyn a better Twenty20 bet than Afridi has been on mind-altering substances for far too long. http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/jan/19/ipl-auction-2010-india-pakistan
Says it all, doesn't it..

My stand on this issues is quite similar to Shwetabh's. In my opinion; -- Pakistanis should not have been included in the Auction list in the first place. After all, what has changed since this time last year, when the govt. refused visas for them? Their govt. still has an inherently anti-India policy, why in the world should we entertain their cricketers with lucrative contracts? -- Its puzzling that some Pakistani cricketers seems plainly surprised at not being picked up by any teams? Its almost as if they had a sense of entitlement towards IPL. Bottomline, any team has the full right to choose whoever they want, after all, its their money. If they want someone, they'll take 'em, else they'll ignore 'em. Full stop. And which sane minded franchize will take another mega-risk and go Pakistani players, given the current political situation? -- While the Pakistani players have no rights whatsoever in feeling aggrieved that no team chose 'em, they do have full justification in being upset by the way they have been treated. Till a few weeks ago, they were run ragged by Modi, who demanded that they produce all sorts certificates and approvals. Many pakistani cricketers must have haggled/scrambled with their boards to produce these certificates. After all that trouble, if not a single one them is picked, then who wouldnt feel a bit angry? IMO, the best way to have handled the situation was to politely inform the Pakistanis that, given the unsure political situation between the two countries, it was decided that no Pakistani was to be put for up for auction. The end result was what I had hoped for - No Pakistanis in IPL. But the means through which it was achieved is extremely disappointing.

Modi did not receive my phone call: Ijaz Butt

rm92rp.gif LAHORE: Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Ijaz Butt expressed disappointment on the behavior of the IPL franchises with Pakistani players. Talking with media here on Tuesday, the chairman PCB said that this is disappointing that the Pakistani players were not included in the IPL. He asked the federal minister for sports to discuss this issue with his Indian counterpart. Ijaz Butt told that he tried to contact IPL commissioner Lalith Modi on phone for a long time but he did not recieve the call. He further said that the PCB would take notice of Pakistan team’s performance and other important matters after the end of the series against Australia. Butt stressed for need of batting and fielding coaches for the Pakistan cricket team.
http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=96521

Lets think logically. The Paki players have no respect for authority and are a poison in the team. Lets look at some instances- Afridi talking crap about the most polite cricketer ever, Shoaib being injured most of the time and so much drama about his participation, and Asif having drugs. This is what Pakistan brings to the table anyways. About 56 players were rejected in the auction which included all the Pakis. The Pakis spew venom at IPL all the time and when they are rejected they still spew venom. The average (even educated) Pakistani live in a world of delusion where Israel India and USA are all hell bent on invading their *****y land and taking control of their radicalized mullahs. And we in India face their hatred. They send their terrorists who rape murder and destroy our cities. Hell I havent been able to visit Kashmir, the most beautiful place in the country ever in my life. When confronted the govt says they cant control the army, the army says they cant control the isi, the isi says they cant control the terrorist. yet the terrorist leaders move around free in their main streets. Do we India have no pride? A country like India which is more powerful than our mad neighbors, why do we always remain so pacifist? As someone said, only time we had relative peace was between 1971-89. These people only understand the language of force and we should speak in this language. What is the use of stupid bus diplomacy and talks. Haven't we learned anything, that these Pakis repsond to Lahore declaration with Kargil. Stop all ****ing talks, ban all trade and people to people contact, and next time when another Mumbai happens, for heavens sake, punish these criminals. As for the Paki cricketers. GOOD RIDDANCE. No one wants you. You mean trouble and your countrymen are presently plotting how to target IPL, WC, CWG.... This is no jingoism, but as a country we must learn to respect India. Is there any country in the world which faces terrorist action against herself and never takes any action. Whatever peaceful approach we have taken for 20 years, it is not working.
exactly

I have not read all the posts on this so If I am repeating some of the things that have already been said, then apologies. There are many isues here. Lets assume for a maddening moment tat you and me and the IPL franchises forget the whole terorism, polictical issues et al and bid the Pakistanis. 1) Would they be allowed to play in Mumbai by the Shiv Sena - either for the Mumbai Indians or against the Mumbai Indians 2)The Indian Govt has to provide a much higher level of security to the Pak players then usual. Who is going to pay for this money? the IPL or the Indian tax payer? 3) Why should they be coming into this country and earning millions and go back and in some indirect way end some part of that money in a terrorist training madrasa albeit unkown to the players

IPL Auction 2010: Pak players reacts angrily after the Auction snub http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/ipl-auction-2010-pak-players-reacts-angrily-after-the-auction-snub-2010011931617 Pakistan are the t20 champions and has the best of the players that can disturb, crush and demolish their opponents. But their talents and services were ignored in the concluded IPL auction that was held today at Trident Hotel, Mumbai. When heavy bids were made on Australians, South Africans and players from other countries, the players of the current t20 champion team were ignored. The 11 Pakistani players were simply ignored over political grounds and so they have reacted angrily after being neglected. According to reports from PTI, Pakistan’s t20 Captain Shahid Afridi said from Brisbane: “The way I see it, the IPL and India have made fun of us and our country by treating us this way, we are the Twenty20 World champions and for me the attitude of the franchises was disappointing. I feel bad for the Indian people who, I am sure, wanted to see us play in the IPL this year.†Afridi was the first Pakistani player to get ignored. He had a base price of $250,000 but along with the likes of Abdul Razzaq, Sohail Tanvir, Imran Nazir, Misbah Ul Haq, Rana Naved Ul Hasan, Mohd Aamer, Saeed Ajmal, Kamran and Umar Akmal, he was placed in the rejected list. Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq questioned the inclusion of the Pak players for the auction as he added: “They have basically tried to hurt our cricket and image and this is most disappointing, because I believe there should be no politics in sports.†Quickie Sohail Tanvir who had a successful stint with the Royals that includes the IPL title in first season was disappointed and hurt as he stated: “They mean to say none of ourplayers are good enough to be in the IPL. I am sorry to say the franchises have taken a decision not based on cricketing sense but on political grounds, which is a shame and has hurt the image of the sport.†We do agree with Razzaq and Tanvir as Sports should be politics free but then the organizing committee has taken their decision and it seems all is not well with IPL as politics creeps inside the competition.