IPL made fun of Pakistan by snubbing us: Afridi

Block hole

did i say midday was a scholarly source? :) but even rumours and gossipers are right occasionally.they seem to have got this one right.
Shilpa Shetty, part owner of an IPL franchise, gave her reason and out rightly denied this reason, yet you chose to show us this source and add this was always on the cards. Is The Sun, you thesis reference ?

the first time i read about this it put a smile on my face, as if my dark dreams came true or something lol. but after thinking about it, i didn't like the way the paki cricketers were humiliated. ipl cud've easily not put them up for auction in the first place, as simple as that. what happened on 26/11 was unfortunate, but what do the innocent(except maybe afridi who apparently has a jihadi brother or something) cricketers have to do with this? our govt has still not gotten to the root of exactly who the culprits were, so they reply by humiliating a bunch of innocent cricketers who are just trying to learn a living?? this is not done. I'm not in any way saying we should pay them to play, but it would've been better to be clear in the first place that pakis wont be allowed to participate at all. Our govt should first punish the real terrorists, and not go around seeking empty pleasure watching a bunch of innocent people get humiliated in front of billions.

First point not true. There are many supporters of Pakistani cricketers in India. second point, not true. Modi is money minded but not patriot. He doesn't want to lose hige Pakistani viewership because of some silly reason. I see the hand of Indian government who wants to take a safe path than denying the VISA.
IPL has the 2nd highest viewership market in Pakistan. Viewerships there will take a hit this season so Modi has got to be a little upset about that :haha: He reminds me of Mister Crabs.

the first time i read about this it put a smile on my face, as if my dark dreams came true or something lol. but after thinking about it, i didn't like the way the paki cricketers were humiliated. ipl cud've easily not put them up for auction in the first place, as simple as that. what happened on 26/11 was unfortunate, but what do the innocent(except maybe afridi who apparently has a jihadi brother or something) cricketers have to do with this? our govt has still not gotten to the root of exactly who the culprits were, so they reply by humiliating a bunch of innocent cricketers who are just trying to learn a living?? this is not done. I'm not in any way saying we should pay them to play, but it would've been better to be clear in the first place that pakis wont be allowed to participate at all. Our govt should first punish the real terrorists, and not go around seeking empty pleasure watching a bunch of innocent people get humiliated in front of billions.
well you don't have any evidence that it was the govt who was behind this. the teams chose not to pick them for whatever reason, some of which could include bad publicity, potential unavailability due to visa/future threat issues, etc.

Jamiat islamia is an Islamist organisation...they(Paki players) got what they deserve..

IPL has the 2nd highest viewership market in Pakistan. Viewerships there will take a hit this season so Modi has got to be a little upset about that :haha: He reminds me of Mister Crabs.
If Pakistan viewership was actually important, PCB wouldn't be bankrupt. The money IPL makes from Pak TV is a pittance even compared to a franchise is paying its star player.

If only paks had any shame left they would not be making any sweeping staements like Afrtard does. I have only one thing to say. Stop begging and start playing good cricket for your country. You cannot even win a test match against a decent opponent. Get your act together and move your ***** out of this IPL & India. WE DONT WANT YOU IN OUR COUNTRY. Period

Jamiat islamia is an Islamist organisation...they(Paki players) got what they deserve..
but thts my point..why blame the players? why doesnt our govt take a stand and bomb the sh!t out of the organization if they have evidence?? humiliating a bunch of innocent people will not help us win the war

well you don't have any evidence that it was the govt who was behind this. the teams chose not to pick them for whatever reason' date=' some of which could include bad publicity, potential unavailability due to visa/future threat issues, etc.[/quote'] yes, and all those reasons wudn't have popped up in the first place if the players werent even in the auction. y did the govt allow these players in the auction pool if they were unsure of getting visas? lol, wtf, the govt can't guarantee some visas?? this is just beating around the bush and you know it too... anyway looks like some ppl wont accept the fact that the govt knew all along that the pakis wont be accepted into ipl, so i will resist arguing further

but thts my point..why blame the players? why doesnt our govt take a stand and bomb the sh!t out of the organization if they have evidence?? humiliating a bunch of innocent people will not help us win the war
Because we dont have billions of dollars to buy out pakis like US does to make them keep quiet if we bomb them. We certainly do not have the clout in the World to bomb another country and not expect sanctions and declaration of war on us. No one is blaming the players. There is no proof that there is any involvement of our government here. So the whole tangent that Indian govt is out to get Pak by banning them from IPL is a load of bullcrap.

yes' date=' and all those reasons wudn't have popped up in the first place if the players werent even in the auction. [b']y did the govt allow these players in the auction pool if they were unsure of getting visas? lol, wtf, the govt can't guarantee some visas?? this is just beating around the bush and you know it too... anyway looks like some ppl wont accept the fact that the govt knew all along that the pakis wont be accepted into ipl, so i will resist arguing further
Maybe because IPL is run by BCCI and not the government.

yes' date=' and all those reasons wudn't have popped up in the first place if the players werent even in the auction. y did the govt allow these players in the auction pool if they were unsure of getting visas? lol, wtf, the govt can't guarantee some visas?? this is just beating around the bush and you know it too...[/quote'] The other reasons being: 1. Afridi made few comments about management while he was playing for DC 2. Afridi made a lot of comments about how good/bad IPL was. 3. Franchises wouldnt want to put money on a player & risk the fan base plus knowing well that having a pakistani in the squad will make security a bigger issue .. also that if there is another blast or any tensions between Ind-pak then the visas might get cancelled. I do not rule out orders from someone like Thackery that he wont let IPL organize a single game if there is even a single pak player in any team or someone in the BCCI just being pissed off cuz of 26-11. The govt didnt have any issues as its a free market and they havent banned Paks coming to India.

The other reasons being: 1. Afridi made few comments about management while he was playing for DC 2. Afridi made a lot of comments about how good/bad IPL was. 3. Franchises wouldnt want to put money on a player & risk the fan base plus knowing well that having a pakistani in the squad will make security a bigger issue .. also that if there is another blast or any tensions between Ind-pak then the visas might get cancelled. I do not rule out orders from someone like Thackery that he wont let IPL organize a single game if there is even a single pak player in any team or someone in the BCCI just being pissed off cuz of 26-11. The govt didnt have any issues as its a free market and they havent banned Paks coming to India.
yeah, some good points desi and zap above. i guess akram will still be helping KKR, so there's no ban as such on pak players/coaches. the way i see it now is that on insistence of pcb, modi reluctantly must've put the players up for auction so that the individual franchises can decide what's best for them, and they did indeed decide, which we kinda knew all along, that pakis won't get any place in the ipl.

yes, and all those reasons wudn't have popped up in the first place if the players werent even in the auction. y did the govt allow these players in the auction pool if they were unsure of getting visas? lol, wtf, the govt can't guarantee some visas?? this is just beating around the bush and you know it too... anyway looks like some ppl wont accept the fact that the govt knew all along that the pakis wont be accepted into ipl, so i will resist arguing further
I would have preferred as well if the players weren't in the auction. All I am saying is there is no evidence that the govt was involved in plotting a scheme to let the pak players in and also tell the franchises not to pick any of them. I was referring to visas in the context of another attack happening...you know that the situation will deteriorate even further and there will be no visas for paks then. That is an uncertainty that the teams will have to plan for.

I would have preferred as well if the players weren't in the auction. All I am saying is there is no evidence that the govt was involved in plotting a scheme to let the pak players in and also tell the franchises not to pick any of them. I was referring to visas in the context of another attack happening...you know that the situation will deteriorate even further and there will be no visas for paks then. That is an uncertainty that the teams will have to plan for.
Again Should Bangladesh,Canada, Netherlands, do the same thing and ultimately decide to sue IPL? Yet I only hear Pakistan doing that. They were put by IPL for auction like every other team. I am also certain even if there was 1 pakistan player in IPL this year. It would still be the same. There would be comments from other players telling they should be brought as they are stars ...

Can some IPL franchisee offer Waqar a bowling consultant's role and also offer Miandad and Rameez Baja some other role? If that was to happen, just see the way they change their tunes on IPL. Also, The same Afridis and Razzaqs will be lining up before Modi's office next year to play in IPL again. They will forget the insult to their great nation then.