Serious Question; Did you want Pak player participation in IPL 2010 ?

EnterTheVoid

Serious Question; Did you want Pak player participation in IPL 2010 ?  

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO
    • Couldn't care less about who plays and does not play in IPL

I was just thinking, by rejecting all them of they just brought their team closer (inb4gayAfridi), every one will feel rejected and ignored now, when stuff like this happens to a team its when people forget their personal differences and only think about winning. If they were smart they should have selected at least one Paki, but by rejecting them all, they gave the Pakistani team what they needed. The motivation to prove themselves.
:nervous: Btw, let them unite hard against us. Hope, we will be witnessing good old rivalry.

Do you think teams are winning over Pakistan because they've found a way to keep them separated and not united? I think thats a load of bull.
Because that is bull. Dumbistani cricketers don't need other teams to spawn hate amongst them, they do that all by themselves, but if this humility that's just been dished out to them doesn't stop them from fighting amongst themselves I don't know what will.

Real Issues means Kashmir/Mumbai attacks etc etc???? .. You want my friends to apologize to me for some stupid terrorists who they dont even support... its not as if they are ISI or those terrorists... and regarding Kashmir' date=' its a debatable topic.. I dont think anybody any Indian or Pakistani can win if there is a debate on Kashmir[/quote'] I mean to say, that in cases like yours, its all-fine-and-dandy until the floodgates are opened. The B@lls need to do that are what most people lack. Most people find it very convenient to simply gloss over hard-hitting realities.

IPL might as well stand for International Premier League. You are only fooling yourself if you think IPL would have been where it is today had it not been for foreign cricketers. How many people would show up if they organized an Ranji Trophy 20-20? This situation Paki fans are going through would be similar to say, Sachin/Yuvi/Sehwag say being the only Indians nominated for some ICC World XI and all are completely ignored. They no longer have any playing Icon cricketers who hasn't been humiliated on the world stage already, I don't know why I'm feeling so sorry for them.
I am not sure if your analogy of ICC World XI holds ground here. A more realistic situation would be a Paki Premier League and they dont invite/take Sachin/Yuvi/Sehwag. My answer to that -- I give a rats a.s.s to Sachin/Yuvi/Sehwag -- It it Paki Premier League and they have every right to dictate terms. Let them do whatever they want to do. It is not your league, you are just a player/contractor -- if invited go and play -- otherwise Shut Your F'ing Mouth up and -- leave them alone.

I voted dont care, but this whole handling of the issue is school boyish, if India wants to be accepted as a global leader , there needs to be a lot more transparency than what happened in this. They could have just banned pakistani players just like last year officially and left it there, instead of this whole ruckus.

I voted dont care' date=' but this whole handling of the issue is school boyish, if India wants to be accepted as a global leader , there needs to be a lot more transparency than what happened in this. They could have just banned pakistani players just like last year officially and left it there, instead of this whole ruckus.[/quote'] I would have preferred this approach - it is a perfectly reasonable stance not to want to engage in any dialog or exchange without resolution to the the issues laid out. People would *****, moan and complain but eventually appreciate the basic premise. Right now - it seems like we pulled a fast one on them ...

I am surprised there are not more votes clamouring for the presence of the Pakistani players in IPL. You can accuse the Pakistanis of being many things. But not of being 'unexciting'. That is certainly not in their ethos. So, why else would people not want to see them in action? And their talent is beyond question. Mohammad Amir is a breath of fresh air to cricket. The game can use all the natural, genuinely fast bowlers that it can get.

Would have liked to see Umer Akmal play for one of the teams .... For the other slots, one can't really say that this Pak player would have been a better choice. Guys like Adbullah got a contract but that's got to do with him playing for Kings last yr and his low price tag

Guys, you HAVE to read this; http://www.ahmedquraishi.com/article_detail.php?id=897 ------------------------------------------------- A sample: The peace dove with the name of Aman Ki Asha (Hope of Peace), flown by a local media group The Times of India, jointly with a Pakistani Media group a couple of weeks back, was slaughtered brutally here on Tuesday by the Indian Business tycoons, Showbiz and cricket celebrities when none of the 11 Pakistani cricketers’ name was even given a look at the IPL3 cricket auction giving a big blow to peace overtures through sports and left millions of Indian and international cricket fans in a big shock as even world’s most sizzling all-rounder of the world in the T-20 form of cricket Shahid Afridi found no bidders. ---------------------------------------------------- :hysterical: