IPL 2010: ITV gets UK broadcasting rights

shah2kool

I believe so. But the Zee network in UK must be offering it on paid subscription
Nope. Setanta had the rights. After they shut shop last year nobody is showing it this year, but available free on Uh Toob. I think IPL have got their own channel on You Tube and there was also talk that you will have the chance to pause and rewind etc on Youtube. http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/445173.html
The move is expected to give the IPL access to global markets, especially those where it does not have arrangements for live telecast. That includes the UK, where the rights were originally sold to the now-defunct Setanta and have not been re-sold - and where the internet will now be the sole medium for fans to watch the IPL.

Setanta had exclusive rights? Coz in the US multiple networks show IPL and Zee shows all the Indian matches pretty much everywhere outside India.
Not in the UK. Most Cricket in UK is shown by Sky. Sky has tie ups with Nimbus - IND, BD, host broadcasters in Australia, SA, NZ, WI. That leaves only SL & Pak. There is hardly any cricket in Pak, they are playing in Eng against australia this summer. So pretty much all Indian cricket is covered by Sky. IPL was with Setanta and the Champions League with British Euro Sport. Setanta's coverage anyways was rubbish last year.

Hopefully Sky Sports get it because lets face it, they are the best. And we can get coverage in HD then. But I have a feeling they will sell it to ESPN.
We won't get HD coverage, because Sony max the host broadcaster will not cover it in HD. Why will they cover the games in HD when they don't have any HD channels. The current India-SA series also is not available in HD since Neo doesn't cover them in HD.

I was just reading a few articles online and realised that there will be no TV coverage of IPL 2010 season in UK/Europe as it will be shown on YouTube for free? Is this correct? Thanks
Modi has confirmed that match will be covered in TV. { LalitKModi @HariChingapuram it will be on tv. Still finalising the partner. Hope to announce in the next week. 1:13 PM Feb 21st from UberTwitter in reply to HariChingapuram ]