IPL 2010: ITV gets UK broadcasting rights

shah2kool

Why surprised .. is it a crap or an unpopular channel there :hmmm:
It is a free to air channel. They mainly do the FA Cup, UEFA CL, Europa Cup and England home football games, not much to do with cricket. Usually Sky do all the Cricket and Setanta when it was around. Five do a bit of England home cricket highlights, so it is a surprise that ITV got it. I think the BBC missed a trick here. They should have tried to get it considering the rights were cheap or ' a nominal fee' since Setanta had brought them initially. With BBC planning on closing the Asian network they might have won a few more fans from the Asian community if they had got the rights for it.

It is a free to air channel. They mainly do the FA Cup' date=' UEFA CL, Europa Cup and England home football games, not much to do with cricket. Usually Sky do all the Cricket and Setanta when it was around. Five do a bit of England home cricket highlights, so it is a surprise that ITV got it. I think the BBC missed a trick here. They should have tried to get it considering the rights were cheap or ' a nominal fee' since Setanta had brought them initially. With BBC planning on closing the Asian network they might have won a few more fans from the Asian community if they had got the rights for it.[/quote'] And they have BCC3 and 4 which are not broadcasting anything in the day, from what I remember, by the time their normal service resumes at 7, both IPL games for the day would have been completed

On a separate note, I wonder what will happen when an IPL game and a Europa league game clash at the 6PM Uk slot on ITV4. Which will get priority? I suspect Europa Cup. and I read some where that ITV where showing only 59 matches as opposed to the 60 matches. Don't know which 1 game is missing.

On a separate note' date=' I wonder what will happen when an IPL game and a Europa league game clash at the 6PM Uk slot on ITV4. Which will get priority? I suspect Europa Cup. and I read some where that ITV where showing only 59 matches as opposed to the 60 matches. Don't know which 1 game is missing.[/quote'] The final :cool:

On a separate note' date=' I wonder what will happen when an IPL game and a Europa league game clash at the 6PM Uk slot on ITV4. Which will get priority? I suspect Europa Cup. and I read some where that ITV where showing only 59 matches as opposed to the 60 matches. Don't know which 1 game is missing.[/quote'] Read somewhere that the match they are missing is because they are obliged to show some british rally thing, think its a delhi daredevils match. This is awesome news, finally some cricket on free view channels might make the game more popular and available to the public.

Guest Hiten.
On a separate note' date=' I wonder what will happen when an IPL game and a Europa league game clash at the 6PM Uk slot on ITV4. Which will get priority? I suspect Europa Cup. and I read some where that ITV where showing only 59 matches as opposed to the 60 matches. Don't know which 1 game is missing.[/quote'] Just so you know, there are only 59 matches played in IPL :aetsch: 56 'round robin' + 2 semis + 1 final :--D

Guest Hiten.
:nono: this year there is one third place too to decide the third team to go for CL 2010
:hatsoff:
Don't tell me what's right and what's wrong :reddy: :((

Modi also confirmed yesterday that the IPL will be shown on the ITV website which means the matches broadcast on youtube, which has signed a global deal with the IPL, will be available with a short delay of a few minutes.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/twenty20/ipl/7368656/ITV-can-challenge-Sky-cricket-coverage-after-securing-IPL-rights-says-Lalit-Modi.html

Just so you know, there are only 59 matches played in IPL :aetsch: 56 'round robin' + 2 semis + 1 final :--D
From March 12, 59 games will be shown (a 60th cannot be screened apparently because of a clash with a pre-agreed car racing event). http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/stevejames/100005735/the-indian-premier-league-on-itv-who-will-be-watching/
:finger:

i will be new to uk in 2 weeks. how do i get this channel or even cable setup in an apartment.Pls give me the details.
Have you got a tv? if its a new one, it will probably have freeview built i and you can watch the channel without having to do anything. if you haven't then you have the option of a freeview box (STB) the cheapest option. The other options are Sky or Cable. Some areas don't have cable, so you may need to look into that, cable is a better option as you can get a hacked box